Our booking was technically for the Marina part of the complex, however this part and other apts which i presume to be Balito beach are undergoing renovation. Whole blocks are being done which we found out when we asked to move upon arrival as the room we were given faced the road and had red construction tape stopping us from going any further down the corridor our room was on. Also, on the site we booked it did say they were situated in Puerto Rico, this is not the case.. they are in Arguinneguin.. which to get to puerto rico or into the centre of Arguinneguin in not a walk I would like to do as you are walking along the busy busy road, taxi was only around 5 euros.. but we did think we were in the main resort.We stayed one night but decided to leave, pay the extra for another apts. The room itself was fine, kitchen equipment fine... just too far away to even just walk to and of course no mention of the building and renovations going on. Prob best to leave til summer 2013 for work to be completed and if you are okay with the distance from beach and resort centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Balito Beach Apartments will appeal to couples and families looking for a quiet location from which to explore the area and enjoy a cheap holiday in Gran Canaria. The hotel is in a peaceful hillside position that overlooks a rocky bay and is a 15 minute walk from the beach. Gran Canaria has been awarded the blue flag for 7 of its beaches. The centre of Puerto Rico is just over 2 miles away, with a regular daily bus sevice from the property. The apartments have a swimming pool, and a children`s pool. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Balito Beach Apartments Hotel Arguineguin
- Balito Beach Grand Canary
- Balito Beach Apartments Arguineguin, Gran Canaria