We arrived at the apartments around 2am, everything was dark and we seemed to be in the middle of no-where with nothing to be seen. When we went to bed we couldnt sleep with the water (atlantic ocean waves) down below (despite been on the 7th floor) room 715. But we got used too after 2-3 days and it became normal. I dont really have anything else to fault about these apartments.
We stayed 11 nights and really enjoyed every moment. The sea is nice by day, although its called Balito beach, there is no beach as such only rocks.. but if you walk along the path near the hotel after going down 70 steps you will reach nice beaches within 10 mins. and there is nice night shows every night at around 9pm. for 30mins.
The kitchen has everything you need, toaster, kettle, microwave, pots and pans, plates, cups, glasses etc... The TV however in our room has only spanish channels with 1 norwegian channel and one other foreign channel I dont know if its dutch or german. But who comes on holidays to watch tv anyways :)
Buses from the hotel... Are all outside the receiption... cost to nearest towns is 1.40euro single per person. Taxis are around 4-6 euro. depending on time and distance. Buses go to almost everywhere in the island from outside the door and are every 20mins, up until 10pm when they are every hour then, till 2.30am. none between 2.30 and 6.00am
There is a supermarket in hotel next to Receipton but I didnt go.. Prices are very high. I would reccommend going to a local village 10mins by bus called Arguineguin, There is a Spar on the main road, and prices are very cheap, less than half you would pay in the hotel.. (and similiar to tesco/sainsbury´s) in U.K.
The cleaner comes every day except Sunday and Tuesday. She only changed our sheets once during our 11 nights, but did change the towels every 2 days.
There is no air conditioning, but there is no real need for it.. If you anyways hot you only need to open the window, ,, as your looking into the atlantic basically. But dont depend on your clothes to dry instantly... its very humid and the clothes sometimes can take up to 3 days to dry fully.
When we stayed there 13-24 July.. Hotel guests were 85% Spanish guests and Im sure you know that Spanish can be quite noisy ... so be warned if you want peace and quiet. But it is July and schoolchildren are on holidays. Most people were also families and very little if any couples.
There is no - night time enterntainment whatsoever. so you need to leave hotel at night...
I would come back to this hotel for sure.. and highly reccommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Balito Beach Apartments will appeal to couples and families looking for a quiet location from which to explore the area and enjoy a cheap holiday in Gran Canaria. The hotel is in a peaceful hillside position that overlooks a rocky bay and is a 15 minute walk from the beach. Gran Canaria has been awarded the blue flag for 7 of its beaches. The centre of Puerto Rico is just over 2 miles away, with a regular daily bus sevice from the property. The apartments have a swimming pool, and a children`s pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Balito Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balito Beach Apartments Hotel Arguineguin
- Balito Beach Grand Canary
- Balito Beach Apartments Arguineguin, Gran Canaria