Room - Ants crawling all over wall & furniture!! Like thousands of them!! The shower curtain was mouldy and brown. That night (my birthday night) when we were sleeping I kept hearing croaking noises from the wardrobe... asked my boyfriend to check it out and we couldnt find anything yet the croaking noise was still there every few mins - was soo freaky so I asked to change rooms, the receptionist said we couldnt until morning, meaning we had to pull the beds into the living area and I had to sleep with the TV full blast cause I was soo scared of the noise, still dont know what the hell kind of creature was living in there but moved rooms next morning which was slightly better.
Location - Was close to city centre/main attractions but you could not walk there because its directly onto a motorway which meant you had to pay for a 1min ride in a taxi or near enough the same price for a bus. If you think about it 3 Euros there and another 3 back, everyday... it really adds up!
FOOD! - Was appalling! My boyfriend didnt eat anything apart from chips! It was a small meer buffet with very small verity (salad, Meat, potato - THATS IT) food was recycled because the day before would be white rice and the day after paella or something made from the same ingredient used the day before. I regretted dinner time at this place, every other all inc hotel ive been to was never as low as this.
Facilities - The pool was ok, plenty of sunbeds so never had to fight. Not much for the kids. No entertainment at night time so you had to amuse yourselves. No other facilities that we knew of. No lift up to the cafe (where the food is served) you had to literally climb up a hill everyday in the heat - very exhausting.
Staff - some where pretty polite, nobody rude.
Overall - I would never stay at this hotel again. I think they need to have a big clean-up and introduce some nicer food. Some entertainment would have been nice too considering the price we paid. I could have gone away to a 4* hotel instead - wish I did now. Ill always learn from the mistake of staying here. If your looking for clean hotel with facilities, this hotel isnt for you!
- Also Known As:
- Balito Beach Apartments Hotel
- Balito Beach Apartments Hotel Arguineguin
- Balito Beach Grand Canary
- Balito Beach Apartments Arguineguin, Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Balito Beach Apartments will appeal to couples and families looking for a quiet location from which to explore the area and enjoy a cheap holiday in Gran Canaria. The hotel is in a peaceful hillside position that overlooks a rocky bay and is a 15 minute walk from the beach. Gran Canaria has been awarded the blue flag for 7 of its beaches. The centre of Puerto Rico is just over 2 miles away, with a regular daily bus sevice from the property. The apartments have a swimming pool, and a children`s pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Balito Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.