“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria

You added Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Barranco de la Verga, s/n | GC-500, 35120 Arguineguin, Mogan, Gran Canaria, Spain (Formerly Dunas La Canaria)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Arguineguin
Lviv
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is the great hotel. We stayed with my wife for 1week. The view from the balcony was wonderful. It's even possible to sleep there listening the sounds of ocean. The food and service is really on high level. All our requests were satisfied very quickly and professionally. All the staff did its best to make your holidays really great, light and unforgettable. Room service impressed us a lot: the room turn to be clean in some magic way and it was happening throughout the day. We would like to thank you to these hardworking, invisible wizard-ladies :-). A special thank you to Mario ( bar tender). His high service and customer orientation made us enjoy every day of our stay. The only recommendation to the management: it would be wise to put one more wafer-iron for breakfast. Their tasty smell attracts a lot of people and we had to stay for 10-15 minutes in the que.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. But you may ask for one with jacuzzi :-)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Enrique S, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Olga F,

The entire team of the hotel, including the wizars ladies :-), want to thank you for your kind comments.

We feel extremely proud to provide the best service and make our guests feel like at home.

If you decide to come back again to Arguineguin, we will be more than happy to see you again.

Greetings,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Spent two weeks here at the beginning of June and had a wonderful time. We arrived at 9.45 at night after a long day travelling and were told on checking in that we had been upgraded to a Suite which was super, your own fully fitted kitchen, lounge, bedroom and bathroom with a large balcony overlooking the pools/sea. Hotel in in a lovely location and all rooms are sea facing spotlessly clean with towels changed twice a day if necessary.
All the Staff were extremely pleasant particularly Aurora on reception who sorted any query out speedily also the waiters in the dining Room did a really good job and all deserve a recommendation, nothing was too much trouble for them. As it was about 26 years since we had last stopped in Gran Canaria save from having called their on a couple of Cruises we hadn't realized before arriving that the summer months are there low season so consequently the Hotel was quite compared I'm sure to the winter months, this suited us fine as there was never a scramble for sun beds or having to wait to find a table in the dining room. We were on half board and breakfast and dinner were very good with plenty of choice, you would have to be a very fussy eater to not find plenty to eat. All in all a lovely experience and we are certainly looking to go back next year.

Room Tip: As all rooms appear to have sea views and large balconies I think any room you were allocated would...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear maddijo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this nice post.

It is a pleasure for us to host guests like you. We do hope that next time you come to Gran Canaria you will consider our property to enjoy the island.

With best regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed here 5-11 July, check in was great to start us off with a glass of cava! Which was needed as it was so hot. We where early but they had a room for us with a great view on the 3rd floor. We had a great time, there were a lot of Nordic families there who are all so friendly there are 2 small kids pool which meant there were not too many in the other 2 pools. We mostly stayed on the outskirts near the grass so we where away from the noise.

Eating
We had B&B so one day we had lunch by the pool bar and they do a fantastic canary fish and potatoes. We also had chocolate milkshakes everyday from the pool bar which are yummy. The young lady at the pool bar with the dark hair was so nice and friendly, she also remembered our order! In fact all staff we came across where very nice and gave a great service. We had dinner twice (we had to back on our last night as it was so good) at the 222 rooftop bar and grill which I would highly recommend. From the impeccable service to the sea bream and prawn main to the lovely chocolate fondue dessert, you cannot fault it. It was amazing! We spent most of our time at the hotel as it was just too hot for us to go out. We did go to Mogan and have lunch there, it’s a lovely place to visit for a few hours.

Bad housekeeping
The only negative about the trip was the terrible housekeeping. Firstly they have very soft beds you basically sink down when you sit on it, I asked for a solution to this as I knew I would not be able to sleep on this and would have a bad back (I would like to point out I have stayed at many Radisson hotels and have never some across such soft beds at Radisson or any other hotels). Their solution was to add a plank of wood under my mattress, this plank of wood was not only sticking out, but it was not smooth so it was easy to get a splinter. I complained again and insisted someone came up to see the problem. When they came up they agreed that it was not acceptable, so they sent someone to add a double duvet on top of the wood then cover it with a sheet. However this did not make the bed any better in fact it was worse, so that night I removed the wood and keep the extra duvet underneath which made it less soft. But they basically told me there was nothing else they could do for me as all there beds are the same and they get many complaints about them.

The rest of the week we only had a turn down service once and our room was never cleaned properly. Our dirty dishes where never replaced and any extras we had bought from breakfast and our ice buckets where left in the room. The floor was not bushed nor was anything dusted or moved. We were never given any refills, nor were any empties taken away, the sink basins where not wiped down. They basically just made the bed and changed the towels. They did not even take away the empty complimentary water bottle, which also was never replaced. With only a small bin in the bathroom there is only soo much you can squeeze in there.
On the 4th day we asked for a full clean of our room as the floor was dirty and it had not being brushed or mopped, we also asked them to change our bathrobes. When we came back later we found only the beds made and they did not even fold our towels, they even left a half used pot of face cream and opened bath salts. I complained again this time telling this it was unacceptable we had to put up with this.

They sent head of housekeeping and I showed her all the issues, she was shocked to see the used face cream and salts left in our bathroom. She also told me they expect us to clean the dishes in bathroom and she had no idea who cleaned our room. I asked her how we are expected to clean our own dishes, she did not have an answer. She did however clean our room to a very high standard, but she left the used face cream and bath salts!

We were very disappointed and this left us unhappy that we had to complain soo many times.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Enrique S, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear ritu s,

Thank you very much for your opinion.

We have transmitted all your comments to our Executive Housekeepers team.

We are truly sorry for the inconveniences caused. Thank you for your comprehension.

Co Wicklow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here in May . This hotel is really lovely spotlessly clean and in a beautiful area. Before arriving we had upgraded to a suite and requested a balcony with hot tub. We got a beautiful room with a six seater dining table, full kitchen , bedroom and bathroom all excellently equipped. NO hot tub as the room was obviously a two bed suite and was cut in two so our neighbours behind the temperory partition on the balcony and the locked 2nd bedroom had the hot tub. Our balcony consisted of another 6 seater dining table and chairs our neighbours also got the two sun loungers. Privacy therefore was an issue as a screen cutting the balcony in half is not soundproof especially when there is a hot tub involved. Never the less as over equipped as we were (6 of everything) we enjoyed the ambience . We requested a late check out which also fell on deaf ears which meant we had a four and a half hour wait for our taxi in reception where I noticed only 4 people check in and all other guests arrived to taxis with their luggage well after checkout time having just left their rooms . We requested late check out on the day of our arrival so off season with no early arrivals this request should have been met, restaurant 222 was stunning. Had either of our requests been met in this 5 star hotel I probably couldn't fault it. But for the cost little things matter a lot.

Room Tip: I would not upgrade for a couple you probably won't need 2 x 6 seater dining tables. Standard ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bluecafe59,

Thank you very much for your post.

We appreciate very much your valuable comments and opinions and will take them into account for the future.

Best wishes,
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just returned from the Radisson Blu and had a wonderful stay. We booked a One bedroom suite on a half-board basis via Jet2.com for 10 nights.
The Hotel is about a 35 minute direct drive from the airport, but this can increase to 1hr 20min if you're one of the last to be dropped-off by the coach transfer.
We arrived at 21:50 and were checked-in by Aurora, who provided us with a welcome drink. This took no more than 10 minutes and we were off to our suite. The suite was on the fourth floor and was in an ideal location. We had a large balcony area with a table and chairs and a double sun bed. We had hoped for a jacuzzi, but you soon realise that the sun bed is the better option, as you'll use it more than a jacuzzi.
The bed was extremely comfortable with on-wall TV facing and lots of space to move around in.
The bathroom was a large walk-in shower and we were supplied with Anne Semonin toiletries which were very nice.
The kitchen/living area was spacious and very modern, with leather chair and glass tables.
Please refer to photos.
The air-con worked fine, the suite was very spacious, even more so when you opened up the sliding doors to the balcony.
The suite appeared to be owned by a Norwegian family, judging by the reading material and some of their personal soft furnishings were on view. They should be proud of their suite as it was lovely.
The Pools - 3 in-all, the first is a 30 cm deep paddling pool for the children, the second is a chlorine pool at 155cm deep and the third is a saltwater pool at varying depths. There's a lifeguard on duty and we never witnessed any problems around the pools.
The sunbeds - during our ten-day stay there was only ever one day (Saturday) when a few people had trouble locating sunbeds. Apart from then, there were plenty of sunbeds to go-around. There are towels available by the pool for use with the sunbeds and there are alway plenty available.
The Food - the breakfast had ample choice of food, including eggs cooked to order. Cereals, cold meats, cheeses, breads, juices, fresh fruit, yoghurts, english/german fry-up as well. The evening meal was always a themed meal, we always found enough to create a good three-course meal out of. We especially liked the Asian night - the beef was to die-for and the chicken-curry samosas were delicious. There was always two meats available from the carvery and other meat dishes (hot & cold) available fromt he self-select.
Supermarket - there is an on-site SPAR on the second floor. The staff are excellent and they provide most items that you are likely to want, at very reasonable prices.
The Bars - one on the 11th floor with dramatic views over the bay. The Barmen knew their drinks and were always friendly. The only issue we had was that they sometime ran-out of particulary items, such as no Cranberry juice for three consecutive nights and no Sambuca on two nights - strange.
The pool bar offers the usual refreshments you would expect any child or adult to request. They had a rather nice FrappeLatte for 4 euros. They also serverd food at luch time and in the evening, as some guests are breakfast only. I never found any lack of variety on the food menu, especially liked the Beef & chicken satays with salad.
The 222 restaurant on the eleventh floor had the dramatic views across the bay and the food and service was excellent.
Places to go to of an evening - I'd recommed a walk to Anfi and especially the Maroa Club Del Mar, on it's own little island next to the marina. The drinks, service and atmosphere were brilliant and it was only a ten minute walk back to the hotel.
Downfalls - firstly, the peeled fresh fruit at breakfast was not covered, so a number of flies were helping themselves. Secondly, on numerous days the mangers/supervisors in the restaurant at breakfast weren't as attentive as I've experienced in other 5* hotels.
Successes - firstly the staff (Waiters and Room maids) were excellent - special mention for Mario and Jaime. Secondly, the hotel is lovely and you can see that alot of money has been invested.
To sum up, the holiday was superb and we thoroughly enjoyed the Raddisson Blu, we may even go back within the year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear D2001,

Thank you very much for making such a complete explanation, including the photos, of the time you spent in the hotel. We are sure that allTripadvis@rs will appreciate this a lot.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay that much at the Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria.

It will be a pleasure for all of us to welcome you again.

Best regards,
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I'm SO angry with the management at the Radisson Blu Resort. Worst hotel experience I've ever had in my life, and I travel frequently. I consider myself reasonable, friendly, flexible, and low-maintenance. It takes a lot to get me angry, but I am REALLY furious right now. I visited Gran Canaria for my best friend's wedding last week, and stayed for 5 nights upon reading all the good recs on Trip Advisor. The stay itself was fine, food good, and the pool and room nice. We were not in the room too much because we were out and about doing things on the island.
On our last night, we went for dinner around 8pm, and I left my Macbook Pro open (and charging) on the bed along with my iPhone plugged in syncing to the computer and uploading the vacation photos. I also had work documents open on the computer. We had a 4:10am car booked to the airport, so we had planned to go to dinner, come back early, and get to sleep early.
When we got back from dinner an hour later, the cleaning staff had come in to do turn-down service. My Macbook was unplugged from the charger and from the wall, the phone was unplugged mid-sync from the computer, and the computer was closed, removed from the bed, and sitting across the room on the dresser. I thought that was odd that they would have touched my electronics and moved them across the room. When I went to plug my computer back in to finish charging, I opened it, and saw on the screen a rectangle indentation in the shape of one of the keyboard buttons, as though someone had slammed the computer shut and dropped it. The computer was also OFF! I tried to turn it on, 2, 3, 4, 5, times. Nope. Broken. Wouldn't turn on. Got a light blue screen with a broken apple symbol each time and strange noises.
After trying 5 times for about 30 minutes, I brought the computer down to the reception desk. I showed the woman working the broken computer and told her the details, and she told me it was "impossible" because the cleaning staff was forbidden to touch electronics. I insisted that, though that may be the case, this obviously happened and how can we resolve it? She told me there was nothing she could do and the hotel manager wasn't in. She also said "Oh, it's probably the network." I told her that a network has nothing to do with a computer turning on, or with a giant indentation on the screen. She just kept telling me it was impossible.
Since she couldn't/wouldn't help me, I wrote the manager a letter with the details and took a photocopy, left my contact information on the letter, then went back to my room.
We checked out the next morning at 4am, and nobody working at that time had any idea of what had happened a few hours before. There was no explanation, apology, or compensation reflected on the bill. I flew back to the United States with a broken MacBook Pro that I need for work, basically now out $4000 because the hotel would not take responsibility for the cleaning staff's negligence.
The next day, the manager, Per, did write to me. He said things were "under investigation." I haven't heard from him since. I have contacted him again asking him for an update, and have gotten no response. So now, basically what I got for my stay was a broken laptop, a lost work document, and no compensation or acknowledgement from the Radisson Blu in any way.
Gran Canaria has a different resort at every bend in the road...there is no shortage of wonderful places to stay which all boast breathtaking views, beautiful pools, proximity to the beach, great food. The Radisson needs to realize that guests have a choice to stay there or not stay there, and treat their clientele (and our possessions) with respect and professionalism.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in July. Rooms are excellent and very spacious.The service and staff are excellent, and as a guest you really feel the degree of sincerety.

Although there are a couple og things that HAVE to be fixed: fire the band playing by the bar/ or someone take control of the music. Playing songs like "love me do" by the beatles or " another day in paradise" by phil collins is completely retarded when the sun sets ( maybe something tranquil/lounge is better? ) The majority of the guests we saw were born after 1960, not before.

The other mishap can be solved by a phonecall. The GM should call Amfi del Mar and tell them that they are playing to loud music during the evening. Sad that a beautiful evening with a beautiful woman is played out with washed-out entertainers in the background.

My family and I are definately coming back; hopefully without the earmuffs.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear PapaMike2009,

Thank you very much for sending us your comments concerning the entertainment and helping us to improve day by day. We will take them into consideration.

We will work hard to satisfy you and your family when you come back to the hotel.

Looking forward to it.

Greetings,

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria? Share your experiences!