Stayed here Easter with husband and another couple the hotel itself is lovely the rooms spacious and clean large bathroom and balcony. The beds were huge and so comfortable best sleep ever had at a hotel. The pool area is beautiful. The food was great vast selection always being replenished some of it cooked in front of you we stayed half board and was more than pleased. You do get a choice to have a special meal in the pool restaurant once per week but has to be booked. We tried this but you do not get a choice of food so is a set menu and if you do not like it then there is nothing else. Champagne (cava) on this night after first drink is free but they do not tell you this unless you order it luckily cava is what we drink anyway so that was a pleasant surprise. weather wise be warned though it was very windy for a couple of days and the wind literally howled when you were in your bedrooms depending on what side of hotel you were on. Weather wise was disappointing lots of wind cloud and cool however when sun did come out it was lovely to have a breeze and warning you get burnt with the wind and through the cloud so always cream up. Daytime activities now this is where it lacks a little the choice was French boules which we played loved and won! There was a dance class, flower/windmill making which was good for us as we work in a primary school and it was a idea we could take back, silk painting which we joined in as weather was not good that day and surprisingly loved it. Cocktail making to allow you to make a cocktail. It lacked On my way! It lackedMore games such as archery or tennis or darts or other social games. I think it is because the clientele are very mature now do not get me wrong we are mature late fifties but we are a young at heart and the evening entertainment
Was also on the old side the twice we did stay in we were the only ones up and dancing it lacked atmosphere but maybe that was just the week we were there.
The hotel is very close to the main town which is mostly commercialised the only bit of character is down by the harbour area. We did stumble on a lovely craft market on the Sunday if you turn right out of hotel right again and then left it was inside a commercial centre but was busily and full of atmosphere with live music. I would definitely stay in another barcelo hotel but not a lot at Fuerteventura for us to want to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Barcelo Corralejo Bay, situated in the north of the island of Fuerteventura, in the Canaries, next to the sea, close to the Grandes Playas and the Dunas from the Corralejo Nantural Park. Its extensive range of facilities and cuisine make it the perfect choice for a family holiday, and also for those looking to enjoy a wide range of cultural and leisure activities, practice different water sports or simply relax and enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Corralejo Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Corralejo Bay Hotel Corralejo
- Bluebay Palace Corralejo
- Bluebay Palace Hotel Corralejo
- Barcelo Corralejo Bay Fuerteventura