Just back from Barcelo Corralejo Bay Hotel. My wife and I Stayed 3rd - 10 oct on half board.Arrived mid day and check in was pretty quick,the problem being , our room werent ready and had to wait for an hour and half. The room was big and spacious and plenty of wardrobe space and drawers. The beds were two large single beds which were a bit on the hard side but were ok. Large pillows and crisp white linnen. The bathroom had his n her sinks and was a nice size with a shower in the bath. A lovely balcony with two chairs and foot rests. The view werent brilliant but it didnt matter. ( We requested a pool view but were told they were fully booked ).
The staff were pleasant and always greeted you with a smile
The food we found was adequate with the chefs cooking fresh fish and meat in front of you. Plenty of fresh fruits and meats to please everyone. Although we spoke to a few people who said the food had gone down hill since their previous visits. We never went hungry and always found a great selection.
The pools were lovely and big and plenty of loungers. Although there is a no reserving loungers notice, you did have to join a queue at about 8/45 to get the best loungers with a parasol. You dont have to get up at the crack of dawn to do this.. There were even loungers still available at mid afternoon after returning from the beach.Pool towels are free and can be changed twice weekly. The wellness centre spa is a must, but there is a charge for this. We opted for a massage as well. Free tea, coffee and water was available and can spend the whole day in there up to 8pm. Give it a try , its lovely.
Do get the Free bus to the dunes. Get your tickets from reception for either the 10 or 11 o clock bus.The sand is beautiful and soft and the sea is crystal clear. Its 100% better than the beach thats around the corner
Back to the Hotel, we found the entertainment werent up to much and did cater for mostly the older generation. We went out most evenings. There was a Rock Cafe 10 min walk away along with many more bars and restaurants. This is where we spent most of our evenings.
We would recommend this hotel if your looking for a quiet peacefull holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Corralejo Bay Hotel Corralejo
- Barcelo Corralejo Bay Hotel
- Bluebay Palace Corralejo
- Bluebay Palace Hotel Corralejo
- Barcelo Corralejo Bay Fuerteventura
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Barcelo Corralejo Bay, situated in the north of the island of Fuerteventura, in the Canaries, next to the sea, close to the Grandes Playas and the Dunas from the Corralejo Nantural Park. Its extensive range of facilities and cuisine make it the perfect choice for a family holiday, and also for those looking to enjoy a wide range of cultural and leisure activities, practice different water sports or simply relax and enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Barcelo, Tingo, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Barcelo Corralejo Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.