“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloe Club Resort

You added Aloe Club Resort to your Saves list
Aloe Club Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Pedro Y Guy Vandaele S/N, 35660 Corralejo, La Oliva, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We decided upon a late winter break just before the excesses and stress of Christmas to seek some refuge and hopefully enjoy a bit of winter sun. We saw this hotel pop up on a low cost holidays e-mail and the price was inviting as it seemed quite cheap for a week away. It was a faff printing out the boarding passes via teh ryanair website especially as you could only print off so many say prior to departure. In fact I was unable to print off the return flight boarding passes until 7 days prior to the flight so when we got up at 2am I printed it off from home on the day of our outbound flight to save the hassle of printing whilst in resort. When we got to the Hotel the reception area was quite small with only a few seats, we went down to our room (105) which overlooked the pool. We had to enter through the only door which was the patio door so this proved to be another faff wrestling with the curtains to get in everyday. Overall the Hotel complex was okay the saving grace being the food which was good, especially the soup. The room was very basic and lacked any refinement. we did not have a kettle an iron nor a hair dryer, but these could be loaned via reception for a 10 euro refundable deposit. The socket plugs in the wall came out when we unplugged things. There was a lack of storage space (no drawers) to put away the 'small' items of clothing. The lack of a soapdish and the usual complimentary shower/ hair shampoo was also noted. What was probably most annoying was there was only one small bar in the whole hotel at which you had to queue outside for serving drinks in plastic beakers. The hotel was not geared up for bad weather and we had our share of strong wind and rain while we were there making queing up rather unpleasant. It also meant lots of rain coming through the gaps in teh ceiling in the entertainment area. This hotel would benefit from a nicer reception and another indoor bar free from rain and wind with some nice comfortable sofa's. The booming effect of the microphone was also very annoying. We decided to spend most of out nights in the main resort area which was a good 20 minute walk away but less than 5 euro in a taxi. There is a shopping complex only 10 minutes walk away which had a few bars and some nice shops. The main strip on onle long road in Corralejo was quite nice and we particularly enjoyed the Rock Cafe bar which had a group on each night. It was ok for a week I guess but I would have preffered paying a bit more for a better class hotel

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Aloe Club resort on the week beginning the 10th November 2014. Paid £300 including flights from London gatwick and all inclusive for 5 nights. We had a great time all inclusive the food was really good buffet style, breakfast was cooked or continental and you had plenty of fresh fruit. Lunch had plenty of choice and dinner had a different theme each night where they specialised in Italian, Chinese, Mexican etc. Plenty of drink - wine and beer on the tap vodka and local spirits and cocktails brilliant also loads of tea coffee and soft drinks. The staff were great particularly the reception and the waiters and waitresses nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was lovely they had 6 different swimming pools and plenty of sun loungers the animation team were really good and kept everyone motivated. The only thing I could say the hotel could improve is more signs as its a big place with lots of facilities didn't realise there were 2 more pools till the last day! There are a few loose tiles round some of the pools as stated on previous reviews but it's nothing major or dangerous. Did the trip to Lanzorote through the hotel well worth the £60 coach and ferry trip saw loads that we wouldn't have seen on foot and the lunch is good! Taxi will cost you 45 euros to the airport and less than 10euros to get back from a night on the town very safe to walk around at night but as you would do everywhere keep your guard up! Great place would definitely visit again. Oh if you book on teletext don't upgrade to a villa as all the apartments are villas with self catering big rooms so don't let teletext con you out of 20 quid!
Thanks for a great trip K & L

• Stayed November 2014
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very good hotel of middle class. We asked for a "peace and quiet" at the reception desk and we got it. The apartment was composed of the living room with a kitchen annex, a bedroom and a bathroom. The spacious living room-kitchen was equipped in a sofa, a refrigerator, a table and chairs and some dishes to prepare a meal. The bedroom was comfortable and equipped with two beds, a big wardrobe and two armchairs. Each room has also a big balcony with a table and chairs. The rooms are clean. The leisure area is quite big in the hotel. There are several swimming pools so they are not overcrowded and, what is important, the pools are clean. It is also easy to find a free sunbed. The meals are very tasty. You can choose from several dishes, though they are almost the same every day. Additionally, each day the is an extra thematic meal prepared in the restaurant (e.g. Mexican day, Spanish day). But be careful and do not be late for the meals as when you get there a half an hour before the closure time they can refuse to give you a meal (as they refused to us!) saying that you are not able to finish before the restaurant is closed!. Two times a week you can go by a free bus provided by the hotel to the nearby beaches.

Room Tip: Ask at the reception desk for a room with a swimming pool view far from the disco place.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Epsom, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just got back from spending a good week with my partner at the Aloe Club. It delivers a bargain basement holiday and occasionally you need to remind yourself of the price you paid and you get what you pay for, but for what you pay here I think you do get value for money.

The hotel is located at the very edge of town but you can get into the centre in a cab for +/-€4 depending on where you are dropped, or you can walk, it takes about 25 minutes at a reasonable pace to get to the harbor area. There is a limited shop in the hotel, not food or drink and there is a supermarket about 10 minute walk away. The beach is also 10 minutes away, be aware clothing is optional in the natural park while most people were discreet in the stone circles (look it up if you have not heard of them, I will do a separate review of the beech) there are some people that like to just wonder about naked so you have been warned if that is not your thing.

In general the hotel is very clean, no complaints at all. Be aware of some of the deposits you may need, you get the money back but at the end of the holiday, on the up side it does give you some €’s to spend at the airport on the way home. You can hire a safe for €15 per week and €10 deposit, beech / pool towels are available at €10 deposit, if you want to change it costs €1 per towel, hairdryers are available at €10 deposit. Bikes are available for €10 per bike per day €30 deposit, this daily rate reduces if you take it for more days. There may be other items available but we did not investigate what we did not need, there is also a gym but it was locked not sure if you needed to pay or not.

The rooms are apartments from what I saw. My advice for those with children get a ground floor room there are many steps and avoid rooms round the entertainment area as it does get noisy in the evening.
We had to move rooms on the second day as our room 342 did not have any hot water, but the room was nice even if the view from the balcony was obscured with a palm tree. Reception staff were very helpful as they let us have a look at about four rooms and make our own minds up. I suspect that this was possible because it was off-season. We noted during these visits that some of the rooms were not quite up to the mark, not fully furnished, mirrors had been removed from the wall (screw holes not made good). One other was on the ground floor but you had to go round the outside of the building by the outer wall of the complex to enter as the patio doors could not be opened from the pool side, it was a bit gloomy and remote round the outside and my partner did not feel safe if she had to go round there on her own, sorry can’t remember the room number. We eventually settled on room 256, not my ideal as it was on one of the main runs to reception and we were woken up on a couple of mornings with people taking wheelie suitcases passed. We are early risers so it as not a major problem and we only use the room to shower and sleep. It also had a useless shower that only had one side that leaked and the other side was open so there was water all over the bathroom floor each evening. The TV was exclusively Spanish, the original room had a fairly broad spectrum of satellite channels I am not sure how many rooms have what TV entertainment but might be worth checking if you are a news junky.

A quick word about the pools. Those of you with children that love to spend time in the pools be warned these pools are freezing cold so you will need to find other entertainment. I saw one child come out literally shivering and quite distressed, there were a lot of small kids at the hotel but the pool was unsurprisingly generally empty. There is a volleyball court, mini football pitch and a children’s play area. Not having kids with us we do not know what other facilities for them are available.

Sunbeds, my experience suggests that they are all generally designed and built as a method of torture and no thought for comfort unless you are a jelly fish. One pleasant revelation at the Aloe Club were two types of sunbed I had never come across before, in a word they were actually comfortable and the hotel also provide a thin mattress, they weren’t many of them and most of them were worn but a bit of extra padding always helps.

Entertainment was available during the day but we did not take part so cannot really comment. There are also things going on most evenings. Noting this was off-season they did very well, the all inclusive bar stops at 11pm and I think in high season it stays open till 12pm.

There is only one restaurant, La Traviata. Food for me is an important part of any holiday. This restaurant unfortunately was no opera, in fact after only one or two meals we renamed it La Travesty. Honestly that is probably too harsh, you won’t starve, we are not fussy eaters, there was a reasonable choice at each meal and I always managed to find something I liked but did not necessarily really enjoy it if that makes any sense. This is where we needed to remind ourselves of what we paid for the holiday, not lot! It was not exclusively doom and gloom at meal times they did do some things quite well. I just thought that some of the dishes were made with cheap ingredients which can be ok as long as it is cooked well which was not always the case. We tend to eat later in the evening and found that some of the dishes were luke warm by the time we got to them, I like my food hot so sometimes I had to whizz the plate in the microwave to make them hot enough, yeah a bit grimm. (Fortunately microwaves were provided, I think they were intended for baby food etc.) My advice if you rate your holiday on the quality of the food alone is to not take a chance, pay more for your holiday and go somewhere else. We ate out a few times to remind ourselves of what good food is, you have a huge selection of good restaurants in the town.

Big question, would I advise you to go, I think on balance yes, its ok for the money you pay just make sure you don’t pay over the odds.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here in may 2014. We had a brilliant time and met some amazing friends. The hotel is great rooms were ideal for us loads of space near great views. Staff were helpful but I would like to say thanks to the entertainment team especially andreas he was brilliant and really helpful in all aspects. He entertained not just the kids but the adults to with all sorts of games and activities. Overall I'd definitely go back.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First went to feurteventura approx 6 years ago and have been back 8 times, 6 of those at aloe club. The hotel is nice and clean, with a good ambience which impresses beyond its price point. The food is ok, not great. The entertainment is ok ( I'm being kind) and the bar area isn't the last word in luxury. However, I really like it! For my winter chill out holidays I can't see past it. The dunes are a short walk away and town is a 20 minute walk and a 4 euro taxi back. I'm not quite sure why I like it so much, but I keep booking it and keep enjoying it! To rate it 5 stars would be on value for money, but it deserves a solid 4* for a winter break.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On the day of arrival I bought wifi in my room for the whole week. At the best it was working but slow in periods. Most of the time it was not working at all. After two days of trying I got my money back. That left me with the only other option - the free internet in the lobby. That was so slow and unreliable that I had to spend hours trying to connect and sort out my daily routines of reading emails, checking out restaurants and so. For most people it is a necessity to have reliable internet, but You don't get that here. The room were ok apart from the lock to the door to the balcony. It did not lock properly. I complained and an attempt was made to fix it, but did not succeed. The shower head was a disaster spraying in all directions leaving the floor in the bathroom wet. There is a lot of noise from activities supposed to keep the mob happy. It takes halv an hour to walk to the city center. Next time I would find a better and more central hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Been to Aloe Club Resort? Share your experiences!