“Enjoyed our week at the Atlantis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort

You added Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort to your Saves list
Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   C./ Las Dunas, sn, 35660 Corralejo, La Oliva, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed our week at the Atlantis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

Have just returned from the week at the Atlantis Suite. The hotel suited our needs as a family with a 16 year old and 9 year old. Our room (two bedroomed suite) was perfect and kept very clean every day with towel change when required. We enjoyed the food and found no problems finding something everynight to our taste. The sandwiches from the sandwich bar were freshly made and the kids especially loved them. You could get as many soft drinks as you liked which suited us down to the ground, husband and I tended only to have a drink in the evening (if I had alcohol during the day I would be asleep!).
The grounds were well tended and kept immaculate.
Must say it's the hotel that we've had the best water pressure on the showers at the the hot water was lovely and plentiful.
Yes, every now and again there was a funny whiff but it didn't bother us - you have to accept you are in different country and a very hot one at that. We found staff helpful and friendly - yes, some staff were more friendly than others but I think it tended to go on how good their English was as we are non-Spanish speaking.
We're aren't much for entertainment and our kids weren't bothered with what was going on during the day but we did enjoy the evening entertainment and the animation team did put a great deal of effort into it. Our 9 year old enjoyed the children's cocktails and we enjoyed our evening cappucinos.
Didn't bother with the beach club as we enjoy the sea (not a bad bit of beach but a bit rocky by the shoreline) but used the shuttle bus to the dunes and the beach there - lovely beach with very large waves and clear blue sea when we were there.
We were only there for the week and had no intentions of doing anything other than to escape our weather here to sunbathe, the children to use the pools and to enjoy the food so didn't venture into the town.
We used the pool by the tropical bar as it was near our room and handy to get drinks and a bit quieter. If you wanted a bit more action you could use the main pool etc.
As mentioned towels on sunbeds was an issue and we did end up doing as others were doing in putting towels down on our way to breakfast about 7.30 but we were on the beds by 8.30 and the kids in the pool and spent most of our days there, whereas a great majority of people were putting down towels and returning in the afternoon or sometimes not at all (sorry to say but the British were the worst offenders!!).
One tip - we were given two card keys on arrival - one of the keys goes into a slot by the door which enables the electricity supply to the room - when we first got into the room couldn't figure out why none of the lights etc were working until we went to enquire at reception and were told to put one of the card keys into this slot.
We very much enjoyed our week here and achieved what we set out to achieve have a break and not do anything but relax and enjoy the sunshine and the warmth! Would recommend it and go again.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Sunbed issue
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

I felt that I had to write a short review about this Hotel as so many people write so many conflicting reports it may miss guide you.

If your a young or older couple traveling without children then this is not a Hotel for you, however if you are traveling with children up to teenage years of age then this is a great hotel for you.

The entertainment is geared for the 'family' and is put on at a suitable time for your children to watch. The mini disco and night time show were the high lights for my 6 year.

Reading the other reviews logged by people who were at this Hotel at the same time as our visit has really got on my nerves, people have had issues with this hotel regarding entertainment and the amount of Children when it is clear that it is for Families, if its nights of loud dance music and getting drunk that your after then I suggest you not only try a different hotel but may be a different island.

I traveled to this Hotel with my wife and 6 year old, we found it to be well presented, very clean and just a joy to stay at.
The entertainment teams didn't bother you if you if you didn't want to get involved in the daily activities. The staff was helpful you just need to understand that they are not English and you should welcome the fact that they try their best to talk to you in broken English. You shouldn't expect to travel aboard and demand that everyone talk to speaks English, that’s just rude and so British! I will accept that this resort (and the whole Island) is dedicated to a Spanish tourist and some times they get served before you, but don't be to put off and try your best to communicate with who ever serves you.

The rule of 2 drinks per visit to the bars is so miss understood. The all inc. package states that you can get drinks as and when required from the Pool Bar throughout the day. Other reviewers didn't like this but they also didn't explain the entire rule. It states that only two 'Alcoholic' drinks were permitted each visit during the day time, you could get as many soft drinks as you like. We didn't mind this rule and understand that it’s in place to ensure that the guests pace themselves so they don't have drunken people around the pool side near young children playing. A very good policy if you’re trying to be a responsible parent.

I would how ever take issue with one thing the Hotel let us down on, Sun Beds. It states around the poolside’s that it is not permitted to reserve sun beds; however guests just didn't take notice. I over heard that two guests had a competition to see who could reserve a bed first, 7am was mentioned. We ended joining them to ensure we had a bed for the day. We wanted sun beds for the whole day, and we got them. Want upset my wife and I was the fact that some selfish guests would reserve a bed early in the morning and not show up to use their bed until 2pm, if they even bothered to show up!!! This issue was raised by one of the other pools and the life guard started to remove towels not being used, which in turn started arguments.

On the whole the hotel was very good and was what we expected. We had a wonderful time and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a family holiday. The rooms are of a good standard and cleaned daily. If you had any problems all you needed to do was phone the reception and they sorted out for you very quickly.

The actual resort isn't as good as the hotel though. We would return to this hotel again but not for a few years as the resort is undergoing some major developments. We actually visited this island 6 years ago and very little has changed, so things move slowly. The island is very baron a would welcome any form of development without causing too much change to the landscapes.

One other note is the Water Park. It’s very good but also very expensive. We jumped in a taxi and paid on the door, but it still cost a lot on money. I would be hard to spend a full day there with young children but if you had older kids you may feel that the cost is worth it. We paid full price but only stayed for a couple of hours. Had we known that if you go after 3pm the rates are slightly reduced, the place is open 10 till 6pm, we would have gone later- little tip for you their!!!

Please, please do not let other people’s views and opinions on what 'their' holiday should be cloud your judgment. It’s what you make of it yourself that counts. We went with a medium level of expectation and were not let down. I would recommend this Hotel to you, so if you have already booked, don't worry. You well have a good time and be well looked after.

• Liked — How clean everything was
  • Disliked — Icecream melted to fast!!
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bedfordshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

Well now, I really really wanted to be able to love this place and prove all of the other negative reviews wrong. I always used to think the bad reviews were left by people who expected far too much from their holidays and wanted perfection at any cost! Unfortunately, it was me that was wrong not the earlier reviews.

I will try not to go on, and just cover the main problems we experienced - but even that is not going to be quick!

Firstly - did you see the earlier reviews of people arriving in the dark, being given a very bad map and then sent off in the wrong direction to search for their room only to find (eventually) that it overlooked the bins and stunk of sewage? I did too - and thought to myself "I cannot possibly believe that could happen". But it did - to us too - except we got to look over building sites and cranes from the front and back of the room too - arent we the lucky ones....? I went straight back to reception, as I had contacted them before we arrived to explain we were celebrating a very special occasion while there and would it be possible to have a room with a nice view? Not sure if they misinterpreted the word "nice" - but to be generous, let's imagine they did. The very unhelpful lady on reception explained to me the hotel was full, but they would write my room number down and we may be able to move in the morning. Then she walked off leaving me standing there. I am ashamed to say I got a little upset at this point, and was spotted by a lovely lady behind reception called Maria. She asked what was wrong and when I explained she did all she could to move us straight away. Guess what - she told me there were 3 suitable rooms available - what a miracle, 3 rooms suddenly free when there were none 5 minutes earlier! Suffice to say, within 45 minutes we were settled into our new room - thankyou Maria! Also, Maria told me the original lady had written our original room number down incorrectly anyway so we would never have been moved if we had waited!

Now - I would like to say all went well from that point on, but I cannot! Which brings me to the subject of hire cars. If you have booked your car in the UK (especially if through First Choice/Suncars like we did) can I advise you to take ALL letters and email printouts with you as you are probably going to need them. We booked and paid for a 5 door Renault Megane sized car, with full insurance, booster seat, 2 drivers and delivery/collection service to and from the hotel. Unfortunately, we didn't get any of these in reality! First Choice/Suncars use Avis in Corralejo. Avis do not deliver or collect, you have to get a taxi to their office. Also, although our car was supposed to be delivered on a Sunday - they are closed on Sundays. Our rep finally discovered we could get a taxi (at our own expense) to the airport to collect if we really had to - but we chose to wait until the Monday instead. When we did go to collect it - guess what. No booster seat, no extra drivers, 186 euros extra for full insurance and a 3 door VW polo or nothing - to quote Carmen at Avis "we dont do anything else". Fantastic. Really stressed by this point. Finally, got the car, paid our money and left.

Perhaps we can start enjoying our holiday now? The rest of Monday and Tuesday went really well - relatively speaking - and we started to relax. Then - the lock on our apartment door "broke" and I spent 95 minutes in the company of a maintenance man while he strategically "whacked it with a screwdriver a few times". Surprisingly enough, this didnt work! So - he went and got another security man, who helped him let himself into next doors apartment, climb over the balcony and break in through the patio doors. Frighteningly - this entire sequence of events took only about 30 seconds - not as secure as you might think those patio doors! Then - they spent 5 minutes unable to open the door from the inside too which I must admit I found very very amusing! A few more "whacking" noises later and the door was open. They changed the entire lock, gave me a lecture about not letting the "key" (a credit card type thing actually) get anywhere near a mobile phone or magnet and then left. I can assure you the "key" never went anywhere near either of these objects in the entire time we were there - we were on holiday so the mobile was off and strangely enough I am not in the habit of carrying magnets about with me.

Anyway - sorry, I am rambling now and if you are still bothering to read this you are probably very bored. So - to sum up, over the remainder of our 2 week holiday we were locked out a total of 8 times. The most annoying was the period between midnight and 2am while sitting on the steps outside waiting for a security man to break in again. With 2 children. one of them 4 years old. Before you think to yourself "what bad parents keeping a little child out that late" - it was my birthday so were all trying to have fun. Oh what fun we had....

The lock fiascos took up most of the remainder of the holiday, interspersed with comic scenarios regarding the number of drinks you could or could not have. We worked out that it basically depended on who served you, in which bar and on which day. Then - senior management arrived and suddenly ALL bars and staff would only let you have 2 alcoholic drinks at a time. Some restricted this to 2 drinks in total - so I had to go back twice to get 2 drinks for us and 2 for the kids...

A strange situation was by now developing with pool towel changes too. When we arrived we were told we could change as often as we like (although only did so when necessary!). People arriving 3 days before we left were given different coloured cards, which let them collect towels initially (white card) then be changed once for free (when you used the yellow card). After that it was apparently going to be 1 euro per towel per change. Looks like that policy was changing too.

Finally - have you booked and paid for a late checkout? If so - please take my advice and take proof of that with you too. Basically, 3 times in a 48 hour period I was told that there was no record of my late checkout. 3 times they were shown proof. After much "haggling" on the morning of departure we were told we could keep the same room til 5pm. An hour later (at 11:15) we got a call in the room reminding us to check out by 12:00. I went to reception, had exactly the same conversation again and eventually got agreement we could check out at 5:00 (very generous, considering it was already paid for!). Over the next 4 hours (bearing in mind we spent much of this time by the pool so there could have been many more visits we are not aware of) we received 5 visits from cleaners, 1 from a supervisor and another phone call all telling us they needed us out of the room. By 3:30 - we had had enough and checked out.

One "word" sums up our experience at this hotel - Aaaaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhh!

Will we be going back? Absolutely not.

Do we think these incidences were isolated? Judging by conversations with others, no. I am the first to admit that most people seem to have had a very enjoyable and trouble free holiday here. But - too many people had too many problems like us for my liking.

I need another holiday now to recover from this one.....

• Liked — leaving....although the food was quite good and I put on lots of weight!
  • Disliked — arriving.....
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

We booked Half board via the internet and overall we found this Hotel to be very good value for money.
Many comments have been made regarding the hotel and it's grounds and we would echo the positive ones.

(We didn't sample the hotel entertainment at night, as we prefer to do our own thing as a family).

We were very impressed by the very quick response we received for a minor problem with our shower in the bathroom. Within five minutes of reporting at reception, a buildings engineer attended our room and refitted a new shower ready for use that evening.

We found the food was very varied and of a good standard and the only downside to the accommodation was the very poor air-conditioning unit in our room that was not up to the job of cooling the place sufficiently.

The free shuttle bus to the nearby Oliva Beach was excellent and provided a change of scenery when we had exhausted the pools.

Overall, I would have no hesitation in returning here and believe that this hotel provides very good value. Indeed our reason for choosing was assisted by the positive comments here on Trip Advisor.

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
southampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

disappointed with this hotel.

Arrived late at night and the hotel has limited lighting so could not see to get around. Staff at reception were incredibly rude and unhelpful. They spoke little English and gave us a map expecting us to find our own room in the dark dragging heavy suitcases!!

The rooms were on the small side, unlike the pictures which made it them very spacious. It was cleaned every day but we never had enough toilet roll or clean towels!!

Hotel had several pools but these had limited sunbeds which were often 'reserved' with towels in the early hours meaning some people had to go without. Half the hotel was a building site so views from the room were not great!

Food was nice and good selection which had a different theme each night such as chinese. Staff in the restuarant never smiled and again were very rude. We didn't bother with the al a cartes because you had to queue ealy in the morning to make reservations.

The hotel is VERY family orientated and my partner and I should not have chosen it as the entertainment was aimed at the kids and finished early and the pools were taken over by children and inflaterbes!! no room for a simple swim. However, I'm sure families would really enjoy this hotel as it caters well for them.

Hotel private beach is a joke to be honest - it is mainly rocks! OK for crab fishing but not for sunbathing. On a good note the sand dunes are 5 minutes away and are beautiful beaches with clear blue sea. The hotel runs a free bus to and from the dunes which was good.

Clean hotel in an ok loctaion but very average and the staff attitude completely ruined it for me.

• Liked — food
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Music loving brit.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

First few days very happy clean spacious room, food seemed really nice, service good lovely resort, gardens pretty, 7 swimming pools free towells for sunbeds, proper fridge in room very handy. But after about 5 days into our 14 day holiday things started to change. Lots of Spanish turned up us brits then got forgotten. Food which was good at start changed had veal stew most nights in the gaudi restaurant with lots of pasta and salad. Chips were very dried up, think had been reheated from lunch. Was a choice of roast meat but this was always very red even the pork and my two children would not eat this. Desserts was always sponge cake or 3 different ice creams or fuit nothing really exciting. Have been to lots of 4 star hotels all around the world and the food here was not 4 star. Although if you like eating sirloin steaks every night then these were really nice and could get as many as you liked.

The worst point of this hotel was definitely the evening entertainment which only consisted of bingo early on (who wants to play bingo when your abroad) and a show every night for one hour, which was done by the animation team who were 10 20 ish year olds who run the day time activities which was just dancing for an hour. This was an amateur show which was repeated the second week. This was the most boring hotel in the evening I have ever been to. Even the bars had no music on in them, people were sitting playing cards!!!!! This was made worse when one night I had a drink watching the show and could smell bleach really strong. When I got back to my room after a few hours the colour had been taken out of my trousers which were a bright green colour. Reported this to the Manager a german called Thomas who told me the hotel did not use bleach to clean and could not care less. I think this is totally disgusting and raises to my mind some serious health and safety issues. Thank god I got the glass and not either of my young children!!!

Also brought back into force the 2 drinks per person at a time rule when the resort got busy which earlier lady mentioned which is stupid when there is a large group of you. unnecessary hassle dont know what they achieve out of this except very bad feeling from guests.

A large resort lots of pools, no evening entertainment but lots of daytime activities. Food not 4 star. Have a few problems they need to rectify including cockroaches and ants in rooms too.

• Liked — The choice of 7 swimming pools.
  • Disliked — The evening entertainment, non existent.
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Co Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

We had mixed views prior to our holiday ( five adults and two children) due to a review on this site but we are glad we ignored it.
The hotel catered for all ages. with many activities including tennis volley ball french bowls water polo as well as an excellent gym spa and sauna.The food was wholesome fresh and unlike many other hotels did not get repetitive during the 2 weeks we stayed. The pool area was cleaned daily. There were ample sun beds and clean towels were available daily The rooms where large and spacious and also cleaned daily
All staff at the hotel, the reception staff, bar staff, entertainments team, cleaners even the Director were very courteous and attended to all our needs with enthusiasm. Nothing being a problem to them. Even the children were treat in the same way when they asked for drinks or snacks by themselves.
The main town is 15 min – 20 minutes away but a nice walk either by road or along the beech. two of our party did not leave the complex during our stay their needs were catered for adequately at the complex.
What made the holiday for us was the interaction between the entertainment team and the holiday makers. A big thank you to one ‘crazy lady’ Moniek who was just fun and very enthusiastic in every thing she did from the poolside games to the evening shows. She was fantastic and by the end of the holiday had become very good friends with all of our party. The evening shows choreographed by Alex and Theo where excellent. They involved all the entertainment team and were very slick and professional. They put they cherry on top of the cake on what was a fantastic holiday and we would highly
recommend this Hotel complex to anyone thinking of going.

• Liked — Cleaness
  • Disliked — distant to centre
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort? Share your experiences!