“Great pools, good location. ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Las Marismas de Corralejo

You added Las Marismas de Corralejo to your Saves list
Las Marismas de Corralejo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   c/ Huriamen, 35660 Corralejo, La Oliva, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
“Great pools, good location. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a good place to stay for the more adventurous I would say we enjoyed our days by the pool and nights along the main strip and there is always something to do there. My only complaint is that the beds are rock hard and as such I seem to spend more time sleeping under the sun.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ChaxiH, Management Assistant at Las Marismas de Corralejo, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Mark,
thanks for your review. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Sunny regards from
the Las Marismas Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
folkestone
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Check In was rather poor, the young man on the desk behaved as if he couldn't care less, we were not made to feel welcome at all. Not a good start. The rooms are nice, perfectly adequate, nice size balcony, the balcony doors had chain locks which were very welcome with a young child. They are reasonably clean (I run a cleaning company so have rather high standards) my one gripe about the cleaning was that I had to clean my own bath twice during the two weeks we were there as it seems to only get a "wipe round", the floor doesn't appear to get much of a clean either so slippers are required if you don't want filthy feet! My daughter loved Molly at kids club and enjoyed it very much. Mini disco took place in a bar far too small whilst the other bigger room stood empty. We asked one night for this room to be lit up but this was refused even though there was nothing stopping the children from getting on to the stage so I felt this was dangerous. The entertainment at the hotel was AWFUL! We were self catering so didn't effect us much but I really felt for the poor people who were all inclusive! We ate one night in the all inclusive dining room which made me thank my lucky stars that I hadn't gone all inclusive. The food was not cooked properly, not warm enough. Items to replenished. Simply dreadful. The pools were lovely, a tad cold but fine once you were in and they will warm up as the weather does! My biggest gripe was that it was a good 20min walk to the main part of the strip, yes the top of the strip was ten minutes away but if you want the entertainment of the square etc then its a long walk with a young child. All in all this was a good place to stay if you don't mind walking. I personally wouldn't go back, but then I rarely go to the same place twice.

Room Tip: Try emailing the hotel and asking for a room around the pool area.
Dear guests,
thank you for your honest words which will help us to control our standards and improve wherever possible. Regarding our entertainment we would like to point out, that Las Marismas is not ment to be one of those hotels with night entertainment and animation team. Our complex is ideal for quiet and relaxing holidays,wherefore we only offer fitness-lessons in the gym and some live music in the evening bar, apart from the children´s club.
We hope you will find your way back to Corralejo, as it offers a wide range of nice bars and restaurants and certainly has the nicest beaches at all.
We send you sunny regards from Las Marismas.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed in las marismas for 10 nights at the beginning if the Easter holidays. It was my first time travelling alone with two children and I felt that the hospitality I received from the reception, pool bar staff and Molly, in the kids club, made for a relaxing holiday . I would like to thank Molly in particular for her hard work in keeping all of the children entertained. It was the best kids club the children have been to, really secure and looked fun. They did not want to come away, despite me trying to get them to go to the beaches, they were happy on the complex and that was the main thing.

I had emailed ahead and was given a central room on the first floor overlooking the main heated pool. This was fantastic as we felt at the centre of things in the resort.

The position if the hotel was okay. A 10-15 minutes walk from the bottom of the strip. We usually walked some if the way and hopped in a taxi to the main music square , most evenings. The entertainment during the evening at the hotel did not seem to be of a high standard (as compared to Suites Atlantis AI resort) but for the value of the holiday and the standard of the actual room accommodation, this did not matter to us.

On the minus side, the pool bar staff seemed abit stretched and if there were more staff and more entertainment, this could easily be a 4* resort. Also beds were made and towels changed 7 or 8 days out of our 10 day stay. Towels changed daily would be better.

The pools were a good temperature. My children were in the heated pool and spent ages in there, only appearing cold when they felt the sun and had come out to be dried, which is usual. The beaches if El Cottillo we're spectacular and the restaurants in town we're also lovely , Nono Pasqualina's especially!

We will be returning in October and can't wait to be back. Thankyou for a lovely stay

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Betty,
thank you so much for your lovely review, specially about Molly. She will be lucky to know that she could help to make your holiday perfect.
We are already looking forward to welcome you again.
Sunny regards from all the Las Marismas Staff.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

So.. Stayed here 10 nights in April with our two kids six and four. Self catering. Nearly scored this for 3 stars but went for 4.. Here's why:

It's a mixed bag. What follows Is only our opinion.

Check in - if I could give this zero stars if I could. After a long flight and drive we arrived at about half 8 to a quiet reception. No warm hello or welcome. We were struggling with our bags but made to feel like it was our fault ( I didn't expect a concierge) and gruffly told if we left one in reception and it went missing ' brrrrff' with a wave of the hand. Was roughly pointed in the direction of our rooms. Which was wrong. So we got lost. Another guest then bailed us out.

Rooms

Great! Ideal for us. Clean but basic. Big balcony. Basic but ample SC kitchen. Beds pretty comfy. Bathroom clean. Towels were a little ropey and worn and we would have liked more frequent changes ( lots of drying with two pool loving girls..)

Pool

Superb. Clean. Spacey. Temperature fine. They're always cold after being in the sun. Ignore the moaners, they should book in August or only swim in the local council indoor pool.

Pool area

Lovely. Though beds were always 'reserved' by the towel bandits. Why do hotels allow this despite signs saying it's forbidden? A happy lifeguard going along at 9am folding all the towels and taking them neatly off the beds unless someone was lying on them would resolve it in days.

As we were SC we can't really comment.

Entertainment

Pretty poor. The kids disco is squeezed into a room way to small. While another larger room is left empty. There aren't any lights or decorations for the kids / room. Come on. You can do better !

General stuff

This hotel was great for us with its location, pool and cleanliness. However.. I couldn't imagine booking all inclusive. The dining area looked awfully bland. Put some plants in there.. Give it a splash of paint. It looked like a motorway service station. That plus the lack of evening activity and kids stuff ..
We score it 4 though as we would def go back SC. All the appts are well set up for SC - why even offer an AI ?! The location is fab, Corralejo is great and the beaches are super. It's quiet and seems well ran. Enjoy yourselves. We did overall.

Stayed April 2014
ChaxiH, Secretaria Management at Las Marismas de Corralejo, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear family,
thank you for your honest words. We are happy to know that you liked our apartments and would like to come back, although there are some points you wished to be improved. We can assure that we are going to have a look on your suggestions.
Regarding your welcome at reception, we would like to apologize for the behavior of this receptionist and will reprove him, as we are aware that a warm welcome is the best start into a nice holiday. Anyway we hope that our personell treated you correctly and friendly during your stay, as they usually do.
We send you kind regards from Las Marismas.
Rhos-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Visited Marismas for 7 days self catering from 10th April til 17th April, 2 adults and 2 kids, (15 & 11 yrs old). This is our 6th time at this hotel and never disappointed. Have been all inclusive , half board and self catering here, just depends what deal we find at the time of booking.
3 pools – 1 for kiddies and 2 main pools, 1 heated, all excellent size and clean.
Hotel is clean, rooms are spacious, crazy golf is great fun for the whole family.
Squash courts, tennis court and mini supermarket all on site.
Would definitely recommend this hotel – excellent value for money, don’t know how anyone can complain about this hotel.
No major hotel entertainment at night, but main street is only 10 min walk away.
Didn’t try the food at the hotel this time, but tried the Galleon pub on the main street (5 min walk) one day for breakfast, very nice. Good pub for football aswell.
Tried different restaurants every night on the main street, but you must try Ramoons Steak house at the top of the main street on the left, absolutely fantastic food and great value. It was always quiet in the restaurant, but don’t be put off by that, well worth a visit, great food, friendly staff.
Some lovely beaches, well worth a visit if you hire a car.
We’ll be back!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ChaxiH, Management Assistant at Las Marismas de Corralejo, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Karl,
thank you for your friendly review. We are already looking forward to welcome you and your family back again.
Sunny regards from all the Las Marismas Staff.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed here for 11 nights in April 14 having just recently got married. We bought our 3 1/2 year old son with us. It ticked every box for us. We were welcomed warmly and congratulated on our wedding. In our room (which was huge with two balconies) a card and bottle of wine was waiting for us. The room was cleaned daily and the towels and sheets changed at least three times. We went s/c but food at snack bar was lovely. The complex itself was ideal for us. The kiddies pool was great - our little man loved it. The play area was wonderful and Molly is fantastic. He also loved the kiddies disco. I have travelled to many places and an fussy with where I stay and I really do not understand the negative reviews. The town itself is lovely. A trip to the old town is a must. We will most certainly be back.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Family,
we are very pleased about your nice words and are lucky to know that your "familymoon" was so special as it should be. We agree about the old town... it is worth a visit as there are plenty of little bars, restaurants and also a few little beaches to swim.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards from Las Marismas de Corralejo.
Fife
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed at Las Marismas in April holidays, the staff were friendly and the whole complex was spotlessly clean. The rooms were cleaned daily and the towels and bedding changed frequently.

The hotel looks great and the 3 pools were really good. My little girl loved splashing around in the kids pool, we did however spend most of our time in the heated pool. I think the complaints of it being cold are really unjustified, the pool will always feel a bit cold when your getting in, the contrast from the heat will make it feel that way. On the occasions I did get in it was a little cold but after a few minutes adjusting it is perfectly fine, my little girl spent most of the time we were in the hotel in there and never once complained of being cold.

The complex is about a 5 minute walk to the main bars and restaurants, I would however say that the better places are at the opposite end of the main street, even with that it is only a 10-15 minute walk and the beach is only about a 10 minute walk away. I would recommend that anyone wanting to go to the beach uses the bus the hotel puts on which leaves at 10am every morning and picks you back up around 4, this takes you up to the sand dunes (10 minutes on the bus) the beach there is far nicer and there is camels on this beach where you can get a rather long camel ride for a very reasonable price (around 20 euros for a family of 3).

Molly at the kids club was great with the children, she kept them entertained and it was all set within a little play park and very secure, although we only used it a few times all the kids loved her (mine included), she was great with them all and very good at remembering their names and making them feel welcome and part of the group. The kids really looked forward to the night time disco with Molly.

The food I cannot comment on, we only ate in the hotel twice and both times was just a toastie at lunch.

My only criticism would be that the entertainment was not very good at night time and the room where the entertainment was is very small. On the few occasions we did stop in on our way home we were quite bored. It mostly consisted of violinists or a few people singing to guitars, even the flamenco dancer just seemed to be banging her feet to a man playing a guitar.
Also the children's disco was at a bit of an inconvenient time, 7.30-8 and although it was really good for the kids it didn't seem worth getting back to the hotel after going out for dinner for the sake of a half hour disco, at the same time if you do go back for it once you are back you most likely wouldn't go back into town at 8 o'clock with a child.

All in all I would recommend this hotel, it looks lovely, its close to everything you need and great for kids. I would definitely go back if I were to visit Corralejo again

Room Tip: If you want sun on the balcony email prior to request an upstairs apartment. The downstairs rooms do...
Dear Family,
thank you so much for your lovely review. We already forwarded your comments about the
children´s club to Molly; she will surely be lucky about it.
We hope to welcome you back again and send you sunny regards from all of us.
The Las Marismas Team.

Been to Las Marismas de Corralejo? Share your experiences!