“Don't believe all the bad things you read” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Village

You added Oasis Village to your Saves list
Oasis Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Fuerteventura 3, 35660 Corralejo, La Oliva, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Don't believe all the bad things you read”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have returned today from 1 week at the Oasis Village. Before going I read the reviews on trip advisor and began to have doubts, however the people that write these things must want perfection all the time.
I travelled with my sister and my 3 year old son. The trip from the airport took approx 30 minutes and we arrived just after 9pm and the evening entertainment was in full swing. We had a ground floor room in D block which suited me due to the pushchair coming along with us. I admit that the rooms were rather warm in the night but I had the patio door to the bedroom open, except one night when some very drunk girls decided to wake everyone up at 3am including their parents! The swimming pools were lovely and it was still possible to get a sun bed after 8am so no beach towel raid required under the cover of darkness. The children's club was fantastic and my son really enjoyed it. This had concerned me prior to our arrival as the brochures stated that the kids club was at the Oasis Dunas which was not the case at all. The kid club was in a lovely air conditioned building probably making the adults very jealous that they could not go, the only down side was the very steep hill that you needed to climb to reach it. I agree with the reviews of the food, however it must be remembered that this is an all inclusive resort and so food is done on a budget. The theme nights were really good we had a Canary and Chinese night and also went to their BBQ night which is held on a Monday and Friday.
The entertainment team were really good and if you didn't want to join in then you were not hassled and if you wNt to avoid the entertainment during the day then a sun bed around the bottom pool was the answer.
It was a short walk onto the main town road and we walked the full length of this and along to the harbour with a child in the pushchair and survived this including the walk back up hill to the hotel.
I am hoping to return later in the year with my husband as my son had such a great time and I felt relaxed enough to not have to worry about the environment he was in. If you are going to Oasis Village enjoy your holiday environment, the lovely weather and remember that it is a 3* all inclusive hotel that is very clean, with pleasant staff and with someone for everyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Polish first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We arrived quite late & the receptionist was very helpfull. Room was in a lovely quiet part of the hotel & we were surprised at how large it was. Even though we were all inc there was tea/coffee making facilities & a fridge. There is 2 large pools with loads of sun loungers & is kept spotless. Theres a nice bar area with quite a few table & chairs as well. There was plenty to drink beer/wine/spirits & proper fanta/pepsi etc so dont know what people are moaning about there. The food was plentifull my hubbys fussy & he managed to stuff himself whilst there, we had beef/pork/chicken/mince as well as the veggies pasta, rice etc there really was a great choice we only ate out once. You def need to hire a fan it gets really hot. I would have liked the towels changing more often that is my only moan.The staff work really hard & the entertainment for the kids looked great(we didnt have any). If you go out of the hotel & turn right walk for about 30 mins come to lovely beach(sometimes nude bathers!) out the hotel turn left walk for 10mins you're at the shops.Go & have a great time & ignore all the moaners that pay for 3* but want 5*

Room Tip: Get a fan as really hot
macclesfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

just returned from oasis village for the second time in two years.i rccomend this hotel if you are awheelchair user,had a great time as we did last time round.the food was great for the price you pay and for beena 3 star.the entertainment day and night was really good and the reps worked really hard.i would like to send a really big thankyou to hotel rep debbie for help and hard work.this hotel is well worth a visit for just about anyone families,singles,couples.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

1ST Ever review I have left.....After reading some of the reviews from early June I was absoloutely dreading goimg to Oasis Village..... however.... have just come back after a 2 week stay with 10 of my extended family and can honestly say we have all had a fantastic time!!!
FOOD: We arrived quite late and they provided us a cold buffet which was adequate, after reading some of the reviews was really not looking forward to the food at all, we had said we would never go All Inclusive again after previous bad experiences. The food was spot on for a 3 star hotel, people should remember it is NOT 5 star!!! My 17 year old son is one of the most picky eaters ever, there was always plenty for him to eat. The food was hot with lots of choice, plenty of salads and nearly always a roast meat, pasta dish and a traditional spanish dish. Kids had a separate buffet which always had fresh vegatables which went down very well with my 8 year old daughter.
ACCOMODATION: We were very lucky to have pool side apartments. They were very clean and the towels were changed most days. We never had a bug in ours at all, although my son & sister did have a cockroach next door, but they removed it and it was not a problem (what do you expect in a hot country???!!!)
POOL: We were situated near the top pool which was very clean and a bit more lively than the lower pool. The only complaint we have about the pool area was the people getiing up at stupid o'clock to go & put towels on sunbeds that they never sat on until 5pm!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband woke up at 5am one morning and went outside and there were people in their PJ's bagging their sunbeds, also the younger members of our party said when they were coming in from clubs at 3am there were towels out!
ENTERTAINMENT: What can I say... I am not big on poolside entertainers, BUT...the Thomas Cook entertainment team worked very very hard and were really good, they must work 14hr days!!! The Kidsworld staff were brilliant, this is the 1st holiday we have been on where there was something for my daughter to do (if she wanted) everyday.
She has had the best time ever thanks to Sherry, Glen and Grace from Kidsworld and Craig, Charlie and Scott from the entertainment team.
We nevr had any problems with any of the bar staff as had been mentioned previously and if I had read some of the bad reviews before we had booked the holiday we would not have gone..... We are so glad we went.
If you want a 5 star holiday then pay for one.... Very good value for money!!!!!

Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Like recent reviewers of the Oasis Village I have also just returned after a two week stay and found the horror stories I had read to be unfounded. We arrived around 9 in the evening and were given a voucher for a buffet at 10 as dinner was just finishing. Please pay attention to the directions you will be given by the receptionist. As the hotel is on two levels , rather than cramming in the one lift, it is easier to turn right out of reception, descend the slope, then get one of your party to find your room when you reach your block as you may have to go back up the right slope to access your room. If you can manage it take a couple of desk fans with you as we did, as at 12 euro per week per fan to hire, it can prove expensive. Failing that, buying fans at around 15-20 euro in town works out cheaper. Access to the room safe costs 15 euro per week.
The buffet that night wasn’t extensive but was tasty, I had shredded beef salad. Food obviously is a matter of taste, was always hot enough but sometimes the hot buffet trays did run out and you would have to wait a few minutes before they were replaced. As a committed carnivore I was in my element, really enjoying the roast meats and steaks with tasty vegetables. I will admit the generic attempts at ” fast food”, i.e. chicken nuggets, fish sticks, breaded ham and cheese pancakes left a lot to be desired and left the teenagers in our party craving McD’s & KFC. But I do not base my views on a menu by the quality of the items in batter or breadcrumbs. On any all inclusive holiday I have been on I’ve never had such good quality smoked salmon or mussels. Bacon and fried eggs or sausage and scrambled eggs are served on alternate days. So a ” full” English is impossible for those die-hards who demand one. The bacon WILL be smoked and streaky and some parts of the tray will be underdone and will give plenty of scope for moaning if you are that way inclined
In the evenings after dinner getting an outside table was a hit or miss affair, but was always achieved eventually. Chairs best gathered as the party around you grows. We found it easier to serve yourself beer and wine from the restaurant before 9 but having a little foray early on to the main bar to ensure you have a real glass if you will be drinking spirits and mixers. The paper and plastic glasses you will be served with later (after achieving the Oasis 4 drink death gip) can then be decanted. A further supply of ashtrays arrived a few days before we left. A more intimate relaxed evening drinking area would be appreciated along with a more comfortable lounge area.
The rooms are spacious, basic with a fridge and kettle, and have a separate bedroom with twin beds. Our teenager preferred to sleep on the sofa rather than the pull out bed as ours (and everyone’s we spoke to) squeaks at the slightest movement. Putting the mattress on the floor eliminates this however. The patio/balcony is accessed via sliding windows from each room and has views of the palm trees in the centre of the elongated horseshoe shaped central areas of accommodation blocks A,B,C & D. The newer blocks have views of the pools.
The parasols around the pools are fixed and do not tilt, so if you need shade constantly, select with care, this is the only reason a dawn raid with the towels is required. The pools are salt water so swim goggles may be required if you are prone to suffer. In all honesty I cannot say that the sun-loungers are the most comfortable in the world, but that may be I spent 2 weeks lying on them!! The activities around the pool seemed to be enjoyed by the people taking part, but were not intrusive if you didn’t want to participate.
In conclusion a basic, clean hotel that doesn’t deserve the horror reviews, and if you are of the burger and chips persuasion. why not give what’s on offer more of a chance.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms allow you to keep your patio doors open depending on mossie situation
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Myself and my partner have just returned after an 11 night stay at the Oasis Village. After reading the reviews we were really worried. On arrival we where greeted by the staff who checked us in very quick. However due to arriving in the dark, we couldnt find our room and took us 20 mins to finally get there. If you arrive in the evening, after dinner is served, you can help yourself to some salad which they leave for you. I would suggest to eat a big meal before the flight as the salad is not worth it.

Hotel - The hotel itself is very nice and clean and the staff are wonderful. Our room was cleaned everyday for the first week however was not touched in the second week. The rooms are very basic but we couldnt ask for much more.

Air Conditioning - There is no air conditioning, however the hotel have fans to hire 12 euros each for one week and a 20 euro depsoit per fan. I would suggest getting 2 fans per couple as it can get very sticky and muggy.

Food - The food was the only problem we had throughout the holiday. It was ok to start off with however got very boring after 5 days. If you like chips, then you'll be fine however if you expect to try some spanish dishes, this is not the place for you. Myself and my partner ate a few times as the breakfast does not change everyday and mostly cost. The toast takes 10 mins to brown and the butter is rock hard. There is always something to eat and you wont go hungry but we got bored of chips and nuggets so went out a few times. The Cheery Tree resturant - about 5 mins from the hotel was our life saver. It is run by english people and serve brilliant food.

Excursions - The excursions are expensive however we visited Oasis Park Zoo - MUST SEE and also took part in the Jeep Safari - BRILLIANT. These are the cheapest choices however brilliant.

Insects - I am normally one to get bitten alot by mosies, however I did not see any on our 11 night visit. We saw one cockroach but it had been killed.

All Inclusive - The hotel is not totally all inclusive as you have to pay for any snacks e.g chips, sweets, peanuts and you also have to pay for the pool tables, pin pong. The bar closes at 11pm however you can pay for the drink after.

Bars - There is only one bar open in the day and one open in the evening, so please expect queues.

Pools - The pools are spacious and very clean however because they are salt water, please expect for your skin to dry out very quickly and also peel.

Weather - The weather is very hot and you will get burnt if you dont use SPF 30 minimum.

We had a briliant holiday and we would go back but only if the price was cheap.

Jarrow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed here with family and friends out of season in February. I do not usually comment on any forum but feel the need to rectify previous reviews so welcome to my first ever contribution!
The Oasis Village in Fuerteventura is fantastic value for money and offers almost everything you could wish for. The rooms are spacious and well maintained and cleaned to a good standard very regularly. They are well equipped with up to date utensils etc and there is no breakage deposit. The only negative about the rooms would be the lack of air conditioning but this is NOT advertised in the hotel overview so should not be expected. The hotel is located centrally and is a short walk to the main shopping area and beach, 5-10 minutes depending on which route you take.
Staff at the hotel are very friendly and work extremely hard to please all holidaymakers. The Thomas Cook entertainment staff are always on the go, offering a wide assortment of activities from swimming pool games to darts competitions. There is something for everybody of every age and equally if you just want to relax, they do not pester you!
The evening entertainment is a combination of in house and external entertainers- all of which was a lot of fun. The holiday 'bingo' and kids disco's are a regular event but the professional shows were very good and took place several times a week.
With regard to the food. Previous reviewers have criticised the selection and temperature but where were these people looking?? I have two of the pickiest children ever and they managed to find lots of food that they enjoyed and no-one went hungry! The hotel provides a good selection of english and continental food and also put on themed evenings specialising in Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Indian foods etc. The food was NEVER cold when we were there and some items were made fresh to order- breakfast pancakes etc. There are snacks available by the pool all day and a wide range of all inclusive drinks. We have stayed at several all inclusive resorts and this offers the best range of alcoholic drinks and cocktails we have experienced. The children's non alcoholic cocktails were a nice added touch!
All in all this was a fantastic holiday and I would recommend it to anyone. In fact we have already booked up for next year and have even persuaded family members who have never flown before, to come with us! I can only think the 'bad' reviewers have overly high expectations and should stick to their 5 star platinum resorts in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Oasis Village? Share your experiences!