“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Apartamentos Las Palmeras I &II

You added Apartamentos Las Palmeras I &II to your Saves list
Apartamentos Las Palmeras I &II
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Las Palmeras s/n, 35660 Corralejo, La Oliva, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This apartment complex is basic but for the price you pay for it, all we wanted was somewhere to sleep and lounge by the pool.

We are a young couple (in our mid 20s) and booked a two week stay. We decided against the all-inclusive option partly because we were put off by the reviews of the food and partly because we wanted to spend the money we'd saved on accommodation on going out and trying the local restaurants as we'd heard the Paella, tapas and sea food was fab in the town - which it was!

It was a short walk to the main strip, with a chemist, tourist shop and mini supermarket just around the corner which was very handy.

We were able to walk most places from here really - to Baku waterpark, the main town strip and flag beach.

The apartments themselves are very basic. We booked a double room and got a twin with the beds pushed together! There's a small 'kitchen' area that has a fridge, sink, cupboards and a hob. There is no oven. It was fine for making coffee in the mornings and a cold breakfast. we ate out the rest of the time.

The cleaner came round most days - although if you're in when they arrive they don't like being asked to come back in 5 minutes once you've got your stuff together to go the the pool!

The pool is a strange one...it's salty sea water rather than chlorinated. Kept clean though and lovely for a dip ion the soaring temps we experienced in Corralejo (they were having a heatwave the fortnight we were there!)

We went completely off season (around the beginning of May) and the complex was incredibly quiet. There was no entertainment that we could see going on, but we weren't there for that any way and I'm sure it picks up in peak season.

The grounds of the apartments are lovely. loads of trees, flowers and plants. They're all well maintained.

There was no air conditioning in the room which was a draw back, especially because of it being so hot when we were there. Leaving the windows open wasn't an option either really as there were so many mosquitos around from the pool. And we were also made away of a family who were targeted by burglars - but that can happen anywhere.

All in all the apartments did the job we wanted them for - somewhere to sleep mainly. Don't go with high expectations or you will be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
Poole, Dorset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

When we arrived at Las Palmeras on 2nd August it was very hot and my friend, my mum and my friends mum were all very excited to check out our hotel and pool. The hotel have a system where they offer the customer the old hotel room on the other side of the hotel which is ghastly and very old, or ONLY if you complain you are given a lovely, refurbished room on the other side of the road. After getting worked up over the hassle of the hotel rooms we all went down stairs and we were greeted by some delightful families and a very cheerful kids club manager Yentl, the food is basic and terrible so we ate out a couple of times (which was amazing and we could go to traditional restaurants in the down town part). The positioning of the hotel couldnt be better as it was 10 minute walk to Wakiki Beach and 2 minute walk to the main high street, at night the place came alive! The pool bar served hot dogs and chips that were at times uncooked but otherwise tasty, Kate the pool bar waitress was very rude and slow when we were there which goes against many other peoples reviews. I miss Corralejo so much and will be returning there in August along with a couple of families we met there, I have memories that I will treasure forever from there, it wasnt amazing but it was my kind of thing. Thanks for reading my (a 14 year olds) review on Las Palmeras formerly Las Olas

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the refurbished/modern side of the road where the reception is and ask for a ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We visited this hotel for a week on 6th October. When we first arrived, we thought "Oh my god, what have we let ourselves in for". We got to the hotel at about 10pm so threw our cases in our room and went straight to the bar for a drink. The all inclusive option only entitles you to local spirits which wasn't specified when booking. The bar was very quiet and it took a while to explain what we wanted to drink as the staff speak very little English. We assumed the hotel was quiet due to the fact it was a Saturday night and late.

The next morning we got up and went for breakfast. Breakfast wasn't actually that bad, they had a choice of foods and we all managed to eat something we liked. There was also a waitress there who would cook omlettes for us on request.

The Pool was very quiet which was lovely and it was nice to have a salt water pool. The food at the pool bar was deep fried and very greasy so after our first lunch there, we decided to not go back there and ate in the restaurant for the remainder of the holiday. In my experience, lunch was by far the best meal and if you got there for 1pm the food was fresh, rather than being sat there for a couple of hours. Dinner however was a bit hit and miss. If you were a bit sceptical of eating the meat as it had been left for a while, then you could guarantee there would be some form of pasta with a tomato sauce or chips. Dinner typically consisted of a fish dish, chicken dish, chips, pasta, tomato sauce and sometimes vegetables or rice.

We found the hotel to be very quiet with around 12-15 people there the whole week. However, when we left on Saturday 13th October it was starting to pick up a bit.

The rooms were dated, and needed massive refurbishment. Our fridge didn't work but other than that it suited us. The room was cleaned 3 times over the course of the week, towels changed 3 times and the sheets changed once.

All in all, after reading the bad reviews, the hotel wasn't as bad as we thought. The staff were friendly and tried to accommodate us the best they could. However, saying that, I probably wouldn't go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pontefract, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

At first when we read about the comment, we were so worried about all the negative comment, but when we got there, my god it was nice and relaxed and very near to town, couldnt complained about it.. Love the sun and the wind.. we relaxed better and stayed out in the sun long, we went by bus to Duna beach, as we been before..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed one week in Las Palmeras I and wanted to rush out from the first moment we were in... The lobby looked nice, with several ikea-style white leather sofas where people use to sit often because free wifi is available. Staff was really gentle, so, first contacts were very positive, also because we did not expect a luxurious accommodation (we were there to surf, and the Quiksilver surfschool arranged the stay). However, when entering our room, fun was over: it had a terrible smell (of cigarets I think), that remained there for the rest of the week. Sheets and towels, mmm..., I wonder how clean they were. I must admit, rooms were cleaned 5 times that week, and towels refreshed three times. But the conditions of the room were just terrible: broken stuff, terrible (bad) painted, very small double bed, smelly, dirty sofa........ We paid 500 euros for one week, but it was not even worth half of it. Same story at the pool: large pool, but half of the loungers broken or dirty.... No, really, for that price and seen the offer in Corralejo, there must be something much better to find. As said by others: avoid that place! Instead of simply changing the name of the club, they better had changed the furniture....

Room Tip: If you really insist on staying in this complex: try Las Palmeras II instead, cannot be worse than t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fenstanton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect as mixed reviews. We went 25 July 2012 and it was VERY quiet. The staff really friendly and Kate was still there and nothing was too much trouble. Receptionist and entertainment girl Yentl were brilliant when my daughter wasn't very well and needed medical attention. The food was very basic but ok, but for the price couldn't expect much more. No entertainment as so few people there but Yentl was lovely and did what she could to keep us happy, card games in the bar etc and water polo near the end of the holiday when a few more people were there. Rooms were clean, plenty of towels but had to ask for the bed to be changed but did them straight away. Centrally situated, 5 min walk from town but no noise disturbance. 10 minute walk from small beach. 1 hour walk to dunes or a €7 euro taxi each way and €3 price for each sunned and umbrella used but we also got a free sangria for each subbed hired. Picnic provided if you go out. Free wifi, just ask for the code.
Overall I would recommend for the price. But don't expect any frills. Rooms were hot as no air on. And couldn't have doors open because of midges. Pool area really clean, pool not too cold. Only 3 umbrellas though. Only 1 pool in use.We had a pet cat for our time there too! We named it bucket and it was very friendly. Thanks for a good holiday

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here last year for our honeymoon for 2 weeks, I have to say it was an awesome stay. We went swimming in the pool every morning and sunbathing. Although the rooms were slightly out of date, they were kept very clean with new towels every day. We loved the entertainment, we won a trip to an island at the bingo night. It is very close to everything you need, restaurants, bars, shops and of course the beach. We wanted to extend our stay, and the manager gave us an extra night for free! We sent my parents there for my mom's fiftieth birthday and they loved it too. I have been reading all these bad comments and just wanted to set the record straight. I have travelled a lot, at the moment I'm on the sunshine coast in Australia, and this place has some real character.

Room Tip: I would definitely get a balcony room next time.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Apartamentos Las Palmeras I &II? Share your experiences!