“all inclusive - good deal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Papagayo Sport & Family

You added Oasis Papagayo Sport & Family to your Saves list
Oasis Papagayo Sport & Family
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Avenida Islas Canarias 19, 35660 Corralejo, La Oliva, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
“all inclusive - good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I visited in October so there was almost no crowd - which was awesome. We did the all-inclusive package and, in my opinion, it paid for itself very quickly. Three meals a day and drinks starting at 10:00. It's a good deal! The food was good to me and the staff was very friendly. The apartment had two beds and a couch that can transform into a bed. There is a little kitchenette and the bathroom was pretty good, too. You have to pay a deposit for a TV remote which is pretty interesting and you have to rent the safe in the room - which I though was a bit much. The pools were nice, too. They have a couple regular pools and two lane pools for swimming laps. Overall, I liked this place and would recommend it - especially if you have a family to house and feed!

Room Tip: I think this entire area is quiet so if you can choose a room location, I would suggest closest to t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
OasisFue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Papagayo Sport & Family, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Sir:

Many thanks for your kind comment.
We are glad you had a good time with us.

Hoping to see you again (please remember that Oasis Papagayo Sport & Family will be colsed untill the 14th February for refurbishment)

Juan Luis P.
Guest Care Services Oasis Fuerteventura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed between 9th and 23rd of October 2013 with my girlfriend...
If your looking for a mid range, clean, friendly hotel then this is it. Rooms are just fine and so are the cooking utensils etc. We hear that some rooms had a cieling fan, ours didnt and we could have done with one. It was 100 degrees or more most days. Staff were very friendly and very helpful. 20 mins ish walk into town but taxis were cheap enough (about 3 euros). Beech a little further but buses and taxis will get you there, again cheap enough. There is a washing machine just outside the hotel and down some steps. Think it was about 4 euros then 2 euros for washing tablets. We think the washing tablets should have been in with the 4 euros !!!!
Salt water pool was very clean a god send in the heat.
We went self catering and a taxi to the supermacado was in order. There is a shop next door but its quite expensive. If you do go to the supermacado you can ask at till 1 for a taxi.
All in all it was a fantastic holiday and on the whole a great hotel.

A note for the management........... Pls ask the guy who looks after the pool to stop putting out BROKEN sunloungers.. Very frustrating having to sort out the good from the bad when your getting ready to do some sun worshiping.....

Room Tip: I have a dodgy leg and the night staff allocated me a room which was quite far away. They moved us a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephen T:

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing our establishment to spend your holidays.
Many thanks for your kind comment. We are glad you had a good time with us.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused with the sunloungers. We can assure you that we have made it our priority to avoid this happening again in the future.

We thank you again for your sincere review, as this does help us greatly to be able to give an ongoing improvement of quality and service to our guests.

Juan Luis P.
Horsham, , United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was my first holiday abroad ,we went with some friends an there children. who have been abroad a lot of times.The rooms were big and the bathroom was lovely and big. The swimming pools were really great and the pool bar did some nice meals for a light lunch. The staff were all very friendly all round.we ate in the buffet lounge twice which was a little bit dissapointing ,we would have eaten in the restaurant but it was closed for the 12 days we were there.we ate out in town most nights we is lovely down by the harbour areaThe children did not want to go home they loved it there.We played football and tennis and bowlingand we used the club bar a few times but not many people in there but that maybe because we wee a little out of season.We all had a lovely time,and would recommend .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Booked this as a last minute holiday, never been to fuerteventura before, so didn't know what to expect.
The island is smaller than I imagined but so very picturesque , from the sand dunes to the volcanos.
The oasis papagayo was spotless, the pool was fantastic...salt water pool but amazing.
The food on the all inclusive was ok. Not fab, just alright.
Staff were friendly, and oly a short walk to the main shopping strip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
salford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

the general surroundings are quite nice, plenty of sun loungers and nice pools. Felt the only toilet was a bit too far away from the pool. The pool bar did a nice chicken sandwich and fries for 4.50 euro. A beer 3.00. That was the only food and drink I can comment on as we ate and drank out. Our room was ground floor 98b ( not much of a view) only got sun in the morning and a right trek from reception. I asked to be moved and reception were quite nice and said if I came back the next day ( as cleaners were off) they would help. I didn't bother because we discovered the beach and were out all day so it was really just somewhere to get washed, changed and sleep. Sheets changed once a week (mattress grubby) towels changed more often but had a funny smell. The beach is a good 50 mins walk from resort and town about 30 there is a number 6 bus that will drop off at the beach for 1.40 euro. Taxis are approx 3.50 into town. The beach and sea are an absolute must, beautiful.

• Stayed October 2013
Kirkcaldy, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The rooms need updated, and need air con in them. Our room was stifling hot even with the windows open.

The pool area is perfect very pretty and clean, and the lane pool is great. there are plenty of sunbeds.

The reception staff are lovely and always helpful. And its a lovely reception area.

Now to the buffet restaurant.... They have net curtains up in here, well some of them are hanging of the rail.
There are not enough salt and pepper pots, you have to go searching for them at every meal, and they are old and greasy
The cutlery needs dumped most of it was bent or tarnished.
The plates have been washed so many times that they no longer have a sheen on them and they are now grey.
This is a large dining area for over a hundred diners, but it was one member of staff only, who was trying to keep the plates cleared.
One evening we were queuing up to get a plate, as there were none left.
The food was tastless and sloppy, alot of the time it was cold too.
Ive have experienced many hotel buffets and this has been the worst.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
OasisFue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Papagayo Sport & Family, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Madam,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused and can assure you that we have made it our priority to avoid this happening again in the future.
Also I will like to inform that The Oasis Papagayo is going to be closed up from the 03-11-13
till 14-02-14 for refurnishing.

We thank you immensely for your sincere comment, as this does help us greatly to be able to give an ongoing improvement of quality and service to our guests.

customerservice@oasisfuerteventura.com
www.oasisfuerteventura.com
Leerdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here for 9 nights in September 2013. I had booked a surfcamp with the Protest surfschool and was placed in the Oasis for accommodation.

I shared an apartment for 4 people, which consisted of a living room (with a sofa you could use as a double bed) with TV (we didn't use), large bathroom, small kitchen and bedroom with 2 bunk beds. I only had to share with two other girls for a few days and then with only one girl for the rest of the week. That was okay, but I think 4 people in such an apartment is a stretch. I was unlucky and picked a bad mattress, so I slept in the living room on the (soft!) bed. No worries there, I didn't mind. The beds aren't high quality, but enough if you're not too fussy about beds.

I liked how they came to clean the apartment 5 days a week, especially since you're usually only there at night. You get clean towels 2 or 3 times a week, which I think was nice. The kitchen is a bit small, you only have limited amount of pots and pans and only two cooking plates. But hey, considering the fact that you won't be making three-course dinners, this is definitely enough to make a good meal.

Bathroom was very large, I liked it. Bit of a shame that our showerhead sometimes fell off, but you could just put it back on. In general, it was all clean, but there are certain spots that are dirty or old or broken, but I guess for a 3-star hotel, you could hardly expect more. I liked the feel of the hotel too, it was pretty quiet when I was there (like I said, September, so low-season). I do have to add that the walls are paper-thin, we could hear our neighbours next door if they were a bit loud and the upstairs neighbours if they were scraping their chairs. But once again, nothing too bad and let's just face it: you're only there to sleep mostly anyway, so!

Rest of the look of the hotel (pools, hotel layout, reception) was great. It feels very relaxed due to the palm trees and the pools were very nice. Too bad the 50-metre pool was closed when I was there. I didn't eat at the hotel, but made my own or went out for dinner, so can't judge on that. Staff was very, very nice and willing to help. Free wifi at reception was welcome. Paid wifi in your room.

There's a small shop next to the hotel, which has drinks/food/snacks and some accessories but is more expensive than the mercadona/regular supermarket. You can walk to the centre in about 10-15 minutes, or take the car. Taxi is €3, so good option too. There is a supermarket at the centre, but there are a few others further off too I believe. Beach (very small, mind you) is also at the centre, so don't recommend walking there with small children unless you have a buggy.

More than enough restaurants in the centre, some very very good ones for a very small price, if you know which ones to pick! Just look at the all the menus until you find one that suits you. Sometimes it's the smallest and less appealing restaurants that have the best food!

Room Tip: If you like some space, don't pick the 4-person dorm apartment. It wasn't bad, like I said...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
OasisFue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Papagayo Sport & Family, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Madam,

We thank you immensely for your sincere comment, as this does help us to be able to give an ongoing improvement of quality and service to our guests.
Hoping to see you soon again!

Kind Regards from Fuerteventura,

Juan P.
Guest Care Services Oasis Fuerteventura

Been to Oasis Papagayo Sport & Family? Share your experiences!