“Nothing changed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Sea Dunas Caleta Club

Save Saved
You added Blue Sea Dunas Caleta Club to your Saves list
Blue Sea Dunas Caleta Club
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   C. Marcelino Camacho Abad 2, 35660 Corralejo, La Oliva, Fuerteventura, Spain (Formerly Dunas Alisios Playa)   |
Ranked #17 of 45 hotels in Corralejo
pembrokeshire
“Nothing changed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Same old story again over booked over booked in March April May June but the problem was solved in March said Garry what a joke trip advisor need to look into these reviews the big fans of dunas are writing if you like to get drunk sit with women full of tattoos and a pint in front of them that look more like men than their husbands this is the place for you if not stay away the food very average for those people that say the food is top class they must work for the council on very low wages they must do I think they have gone way to far on that Facebook page as well it's like reading a load of rubbish that children would write . People that are looking for a genuine holiday review should take no notice of the reviews the big fans of dunas are putting on here if they had to sleep in a bed of horse crap they would still call dunas home perhaps that's how they live at home nobody knows having been all around the world and stayed in some very nice places I would class the dunas as way below average lets see if these fans call dunas home when they turn up with their cases tired and Hungary with kids and to be greeted by Debbie and crew smiling and say you have been upgraded we are fully booked you got to go bye bye

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My partner and I visited the Dunas Caleta Club in June for 10 days. Overall it was clean and tidy and the staff were all very friendly and helpful - I can't fault the staff, and we did have a nice time, but you definatley get what you pay for.
We just wanted a cheap holiday and I had never been all inclusive before so we thought we would give this one a go. I will definately be paying more money if I go all inclusive again!
The rooms were fine, very basic and could do with updating but they were fine. The drink was also ok but where it advertised that cocktails were included, this means just the cocktail of the day, and these are only ones that can be made using coke, lemonade and orange or lemon fanta!
The food was quite poor. Everyday without fail breakfast would be lots of greasy fry up food, a couple of cereals to choose from, a small selection of fruit that was the same everyday (melon, grapefruit and orange) and a small selection of continental breakfast. Not being into greasy fry-ups myself, it would have been nice if there was slightly more cereal to choose from or more choice of fruit.
Lunch and Dinner were always very similar. There would always be white fish, chips, rice and a pasta and then a meat that would change daily, but seemed to mostly be pork of some variety, I think there was chicken once and turkey once while we were there and meetballs a couple of days. There was always salad, which I had every day and unfortunatley found mould on some onion on our last day (thank god it was the last day or I wouldn't have eaten it the rest of the holiday!) Which just goes to show that nobody really touched the salad so they put it out again and again! I can't really comment on the desserts as I didn't eat them, but they looked ok, just some small cakes and jelly with cream, not a huge choice again. It's a shame there was nothing Spanish ever put out, it would have been really nice to have some Paella, I thought this would go without saying, but it was actually never a choice! They catered mostly for the lager lout English type - which we are not! We ended up eating out quite a lot as it was all so repetative.
The complex as a whole needs updating, there is missing tiles, cracks, rendering fallen off of the building and it is just generally old and tired, but they were doing some work while we were there so I can't complain about that.
The entertainment left much to be desired, bingo every night at 9 and then a tacky show with a woman holding a knife between her teeth and then balancing glasses on it, or a man holding up a couple of birds asking if anyone knows what they are, we didn't bother with any of the others after that! We went to the old town instead, which was lovely in the evening.

Overall, I would say if you are happy sitting round a pool all day enjoying the sunshine and drinking the free booze and not really bothered about food or enjoying anything about the country, then this would be fine, but if you like to enjoy nice food and experience a little bit of Spanish culture when on holiday, maybe book into somewhere else.

Room Tip: All rooms go back to front so will have a pool view one side and a view of somewhere around the back...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Had a great time at dunas caleta stayed for 2 wks at the end of june weather fantastic rooms were clean an very spacious great friendly staff food was ok lots of drink flowing definitely stay there again gary the entertainment guy does a great job !!! Keep up the good work guys , not forgetting the receptionist debbie shes great and will help you out in anyway if you have any problems thanks deb from kaz n nigel x

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If I could award this hotel 0, I would !!!

Ourselves and another party arrived mid morning on 27 June, only to be told that this hotel was fully booked for the entirety of our 10 day vacation. The lady behind reception was extremely blasé and unsympathetic towards this clerical error, almost trying to make it comical. I was not impressed. The receptionist continued to inform us that we were being 'upgraded' to their sister hotel within Correlajo. We were told that our new accommodation was the 'Aloe Club', Upon arrival this hotel appeared 100x better than Dunas Caleta, oh how looks can be deceiving.

We were told the new hotel was a 10-15 minute walk out of the town, this is a complete lie, it was realistic a 30-40 minute walk to the start of the town at a brisk pace. When arriving home and checking google maps it advised that the distance from our new hotel to the middle of the town was 3km. Taxi rides cost anything between 3.50-5 euros one way depending on the time of day, but who wants a two mile walk back to their hotel at 3am?

We booked this hotel in March 2014, and the reason for booking this hotel was solely on its location. Imagine the disappointment to find we were relocated to the desert!

When speaking to a couple who were stopping at the Dunas Caleta, they informed us there was no way that the hotel was fully booked and could not understand why people were being moved. There were numerous parties within our hotel who had been relocated and who were all extremely angry with how they were treated.

All in all the relocation wrecked our holiday, I strongly advise people research this hotel in great depth before booking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Rooms really clean but basis.hotel was clean and friendly. Location very good 5 mins from beach, bars and restaurants.we went all inclusive, food was very good, spirits are watered down.oversll good valve for money. Only thing I would advise people to be careful when in swimming pool, tiles missing on bottom and can be very sharp.

Room Tip: E block right next to bar and pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Turned up at this hotel late Saturday night to be told it was fully booked even tho I had emailed and asked for confirmation having read the reviews on here. The man on reception was rude and unhelpful and was saying it was the law and he could send us anywhere. There was a couple in front with a young child and he sent them packing to! And another couple. It happens here all the time so I am told. The hotel they sent us to was a 40 minute walk from the main strip. The rude man said it was 10 mins away and 15 mins from beach. All lies! He blamed low cost holidays who we booked with but having spoken to others they booked with different companies. I have yet to contact low cost hols yet but will later and I will get to the bottom of this. I will report the hotel to ABTA. In all my years of traveling i have never had this before. It wouldn't have been as bad if the man on reception was sympathetic but there was no apology and he was just rude. We spoke to a large group out in a bar who were staying there and they said the food was not good. The hotel we went to had modern rooms with air con. Just the location was poor. I wouldn't take the risk with this hotel. We booked it due to the reviews on here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Just got back from this Hotel, the rooms are clean and spacious, facilities are good. The food is well laid out and always hot can't fault it, the staff are excellent can't do enough for you makes you feel right at home. The entertainment from Gary was entertaining on its own he really gets people into the holiday spirit, 10 min walk from the golden sandy beaches and warm clean blue sea what more could you wish for on holiday.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Sea Dunas Caleta Club? Share your experiences!