“Great time learning spanish and surfing” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 75 Activities in Corralejo
Type: Surf Camps, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you want to learn Spanish and enjoy an unforgettable holiday on a paradise island? Are you a beginner or do you want to perfect your surf technique? Our surfing instructors and Spanish teachers, all of them with proven experience, will make your stay entertaining and worthwhile. You will learn and speak Spanish with us and we will take you to the best surfing spots along the whole island. During your stay in Casa Carmen you will share experiences with people from all over the world in the breathtaking natural beauty of the sunny island of Fuerteventura
Mannheim, Germany
“Great time learning spanish and surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you plan to go to corralejo for surfing and/or spanish lessons, this is the place to go! The surrounding is great: ten meters in front of the terrasse the waves break on the reef, and if you´re lucky you get the room with the window to the sea, so you fall asleep to the sound of the ocean - awesome. It is only a short walking distance to the city-centre and some great places to have dinner - Jorge and Ana will provide you with all the information you need. For top surfers, great spots are within walking or cycling distance. The place is clean and very cosy.
"El Professor" Jorge is a great teacher and spanish lessons are fun. Surf-lessons are done by homegrown and the bus will pick you up and drop you off right at the hostel. They provide you with all the gear necessary and bring you to the spots that fit your surfing-skills. For a german like me, the reliabilty of everything was amazing: if the school is supposed to start at nine, it starts at nine sharp, if the bus says to pick you up at three, it´s there five minutes earlier, if a travel distance is said to take 30 minutes, it takes, ah..., well ok, 31 minutes. At the same time, everything is very relaxed. And not to forget: the beautiful Lola, that always welcomes you when coming home from surfing with a friendly bark. Not much left to say, except: keep up the great work and thanks again to Jorge and Ana!

Visited November 2012

Madrid
“Client focus!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

There is a lot of wording and blablabla about the importance of always the client always goes first... Well, I wouldn´t read more about it and just go to Corralejo, Fuerteventura, to see when it that true.
The owners of Spanish and Surf Fuerteventura are always attending the clients´needs. And it starts by having an accomodation built to satisfy someone who wants to enjoy the island, practice surf and other sports (water-sports, like kite surf adn scuba diving and non-water-sports like biking, running or hiking).
But what is even more remarkable for me is that all that is the perfect vitamin to learn Spanish. Being relaxed, in a good and healthy environment, I could progress much more in my Spanish lessons.
Not only that but the teachers are well prepared and also very friendly and nice.
Hope you can also enjoy soon such a great experience!!

Visited August 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Well, I just returned from a 10 day trip in Feurtoventura, Coralejo. I really looked hard before I signed up for the school/camp where I wanted to be. Let me tell you why Spanish and Surf could be the perfect stay for you.

A huge 4 story villa with 4 bedrooms (2 bedroom with 4 bunk beds each) and 2 couples bedroom. The view to the terrace is literally by the beach! For your morning coffee, cereal, or gaze at the ocean it's perfect. At night, the stars are incredible (You will not get this anywhere else).

The location of the house is 5 min walk from Coralejo old town which is exactly where you will want to be going out to (Pubs/great fish rest...).

The people: Jorge and Anna are the owners of the program and they are currently staying at the 4th floor, but from your first day you feel comfortable to do whatever you want...
They are as welcoming as one could imagine; Anna gives you a perfect tour when you first come in Coralejo and advises which bars/rest you should go to (stick to her advice).

Moneywise, the team is very flexible; I was refunded my spanish courses from Jorge (he's a good teacher) because I didn't want to continue for surfing purposes:)
I thought it was great and very transparent of them. Same thing for homegrown surfing, I was refunded one day which I couldn't go and surf there, also very flexible.

You meet social people mostly, people that are like minded and want to learn...from all over the world. If you're looking to sleep well at night, relax, and within 5 min walk to old town Coralejo, Spanish and Surf is where you want to be.

I owe this review to Anna and Jorge, thanks once again for a wonderful stay!

Visited September 2012
Laren, Netherlands
“Fantastic time with Spanish & Surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I spent a month in Fuerteventura doing a language course and surf lessons with Spanish & Surf and I couldn't have imagined a better way of doing this. The idea of combining these two courses is a brilliant one for anyone who is sportive and interested in learning Spanish. The classes are of very high quality and super fun. There's a great focus on conversational Spanish in the classes and outside the classes Spanish is spoken in the house. Even though the focus lies on speaking the language, grammar and other language skills like reading and writing are far from forgotten. The house is very comfortable, well-equipped and is situated on a fantastic location. The surf lessons are of very high quality and through the lessons you meet loads of like-minded people. In short, I had a great time in Fuerte and I can recommend Spanish & Surf to anyone.

Visited June 2012
Madrid, Spain
“I loved my S.A.S. experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had a great time at "Spanish and Surf". It was my first time in the Canary Islands and I can't recommend the Spanish and Surf experience enough. I was made to feel very welcome by the team, the accommodation was great, the lessons were fun and professional, and the overall experience was awesome. A collection of great of new experiences, fun times and new people. I can't wait to go back at the end of August! Keep up the good work guys!

Visited May 2012