We've been here three times now and have noticed subtle changes each time we've stayed, all retrograde steps i hasten to add!
Location - The hotel is situated in a fantastic location, right on a national park dune field next to the sea. Cant be faulted, great scenery
Rooms - stayed in a hotel room this time, rather than an annexe room. They're a little smaller, quite tired, but if you are high up (we were on the 7th floor overlooking the pool), then magnificent views from your balcony with a sea view are had.
Food - food generally good. Main buffet restaurant a little stressful at times with too many people barging their way around. It was like the start of world war III at the toasting machine each morning. The Chinese restaurant is our favourite; very good.
Pool Area - quite crowded near the main pool. Avoid school holidays as the kids were annoyingly noisy when we were there.
Sun Loungers in pool area - guess which nationality were getting up at 5am (yes 5am!) to reserve their sun-loungers? No cigar for getting this one right.
Hotel ambience- generally spoilt by the rude, arrogant, rather aggressive aforementioned nationality who occupy 70% of hotel.
Entertainment. - its not our thing, but they try hard. Lots of miming etc. By the way, seats for the show are usually reserved (even though not allowed to) by, guess who? Spot on! They place jackets on them then go for dinner.
All in all, if you remain oblivious and calm about the above mentioned foibles, then this is the place for you. For us, not anymore, its had its day!
PS - A note to hotel management - on this visit we noticed you now charge for wifi in the lobby (previously free!) and bottled water (previously free). A completely backward step for this or any other hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 km from Corralejo. 7-storey main building and 2-storey and 3-storey annexes, surrounded by a 35,000 m2 garden, Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach, 5 km from various shops, 35 km from the airport, 200 m from a bus stop, Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo