I was really surprised by this hotel after reading the previous reports on here.
My initial single room was not what I would call up to standard. I called for the manger to come and look at it which he did straight away. I was moved to another room that was just perfect without much fuss and bother.
The hotel is on the dunes beaches which are amazing. You can walk for hours without any trouble or disturbance. There are so many places to sunbathe and relax anyone can find somewhere for them. Even standing there watching the sunset is an event in itself.
The food in the hotel was fantastic. So many choices even the fussiest eater can find something and I am one of them so take my word for it. The only complaint about the food is that they do not have bacon at breakfast every day, now come on what is breakfast without bacon? I thought that if this was my only complaint then I can move on rapidly.
The staffs are among the friendliest I have ever met nothing is too much trouble for the customer. They will whatever they can to ensure you get the holiday you thought you were booking, now that is what it is all about isn’t it?
The entertainment is still what you expect when on holiday but with teh extra knowledge that the entertainment team do rehearse each day for the shows just to make sure you get a good performance from them each time.
I was All Inclusive and never had to spend a penny except for my daily newspaper to read on the beach. It was so nice to put your wallet in the safe provided and just help yourself to beers, juices and coffee or tea whenever you needed it.
I have not been back to Corralejo for two years (as you can see by my reviews) but getting a six euro taxi into the Corralejo town and be greeted by a restaurant owner who not only remembered exactly my order and how I liked my coffee but also remembered my name is amazing. That is one of the touches that make any holiday worth taking.
The hotel facilities are really well thought out and always available to use. The director knowing I train everyday asked for my opinion on what could be done to upgrade the tired gym area by coming down there with me and taking notes. He has agreed to implement my suggestions and make the improvements as soon as possible. Now I will be going back to check this.
The questions remain would I recommend this hotel and area to my friends? You bet I would. It may not be the all screaming five star hotel you would pay much more for but with the attitude of the staff to improve and provide that five star service then they will get there and you will enjoy the holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 km from Corralejo. 7-storey main building and 2-storey and 3-storey annexes, surrounded by a 35,000 m2 garden, Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach, 5 km from various shops, 35 km from the airport, 200 m from a bus stop, Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo