“Best surf school at Fuerteventura” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Billabong Surf Camp & School

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corralejo
Billabong Surf Camp & School
You added Billabong Surf Camp & School to your Saves list
C/ La Red s/n (Playa de Corralejo), 35660 Corralejo, La Oliva, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Best surf school at Fuerteventura”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went to Fuerteventura in May and followed surf courses at Billabong together with my friend. Was great! Surf instructors are very enthousiastic and dedicated to their work/surfcamp. Last year I followed lessons at Quicksilver surfschool. In my experience Billabong was better. They really do their best to teach you the skills to ride those waves. I learned much more than last year. They are not fixed to schedules but see when is the best time to go surfing. Plus very nice location at the beach, and still very central. Will definitely go here again!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I had 1 surf lesson at the Billabong surf school back in February and that was enough to make me want to go back. This time I actually stayed at the camp with two friends and we all had an awesome experience. The atmosphere is soo chilled and relaxed, the people are amazingly friendly and warm and you get to go surfing every day! The location is also ideal, right on the beach but still in the centre of corralejo. Gregor and Katja went out of their ways to make sure we all had a good time by organizing the BBQ, showing us places to go to in the town like the burger joint with some of the best burgers I have ever eaten, and picking up a friend at the airport who wasn't taking part in the surf camp. Gregor was a really great teacher and made each class fun and unique. I think that because of everyones interest in surfing, a connection is made between everybody staying at the camp and everybody just seems to get along really well. The rooms were spacious and clean and the kitchen was well stocked. The front deck had been redone since the last time I was there with wooden boards extending through most of it and speakers all around playing really good music throughout the day. With the hammock, palm trees, tanning beds and sea view it is the perfect place to chill or have a nap after surfing.

I can honestly say there is not one thing I would change, it is perfect. I cannot wait to go back!:D

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Zaandam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Great surf camp right at the beach. Most of the surf camps on Fuerteventura are in in the village. This is the only one at the beach and it makes your surf mood complete.

The surf instructor Gregor knows what he is doing and give your personal tips to improve your surf. He also have a GoPro hero camera for some nice action shots.

At the camp they also have: Kayak and SUP's

David, Gregor and Dani Surf's up!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Helsingborg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Had such a good time at this surf school! The apartments are great and the location is amazing just by the beach and really central and close to everything. And most importantly - great staff making sure you'll have a good time. I sure did! Thank yooooou and see you soon again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Last year I already had a fantastic time here (as you might have read from my first review). Second time was just as great!!

This time I travelled with my sister so we decided to stay at the camp. We had a wonderful new room that was recently renovated with two double beds :-) :-) :-) Also an en-suite private bathroom so no "Knock, knock: are you already done?" kind of situations with other guests. The view from our room was amazing: looking over the ocean in between the palm trees. What more can you wish for?!

David and Danny made me feel just as welcome as they did the first time. It felt great being back! Also, we met Gregor and his dog Vincent. It was great getting tips from Gregor who took us for all the classes. He is really patient and he gave one thing to improve each time, so you could focus on that. Also, he explained the situation of the location (sounds funny :-)) we were about to surf each time which helped me so I knew what I was getting into. Vincent didn't teach us anything about surfing LOL but he came around for a cuddle every once in a while :-)

We also rented a car one day and drove to Ajuy. Lovely little place on the other side of the island!

In conclusion: if you're hesitant about where to go (Fuerteventura or another Canary island, this camp or another), go for the Billabong camp!! I'm sure you'll feel just as welcome as I did and that you'll have a fantastic time!!

Ananda Jenny - The Netherlands, Amsterdam

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I spent a wonderful week in the Billabong Surfschool. First I was a bit afraid because I never went alone on holiday before but there was nooo need to be concerned! I was picked up at the airport in time (!!) . Danni explained me a lot about the island on the drive to Corralejo. It was my first time ever on Fuerteventura. Arriving in the Camp I got my room and my ”welcome package” . Very nice room , everything was clean. The room had sea view. Did´nt expected that – so nice! I shared it wih another girl. We had a lot of stuff, so maybe another wardrobe would be good ;-).They had free wifi connection, which was very cool! The Camp is directly on the beach and you have a free view to it. Especially in the morning its sooo relaxing to have your breakfast outside with that view. The surfinstructor Gregor and has funny dog -Vincent. Make sure you hug Vinciii, so he becomes your best friend! :-) The lessons where very good. We were a nice group of students and had soooo much fun! The conditions were rough but I didnt came to play chess! Gregor is a very good teacher, explaining very good! Always concentrated and no matter what – he is always right! :-)
I also got to know David, one of the owners. Always asking if everything is fine.Very helpful. I had the feeling they really, really care a lot about their camp, their school and their guests because it was more like a family and not like a seperate “thing”. We aso had a bbq all together on Friday afternoon...another chance to make Vincent become your best friend!
I really enjoyed my stay and I want to go there again as soon as I can!!!! Thanks guys!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Billabong Surf Camp is awesomely amazing! I travelled out by myself and was immediately made welcome by the owners Danni and David. The accommodation is great (with hammocks outside to chill out!) But the best thing about the surf camp is the atmosphere, as a solo traveller I immediately made friends with all the different groups of people staying at the camp. You also meet other people who are doing the surf lessons so it is really sociable! The surf lessons are brilliant, the instructor - Gregor was really good. He clearly cares about getting people to surf and will pull you out of the water to help you improve your technique. You get to go to different beaches in Fuerteventura so as a bonus you get to see a lot of the island.

Oh and did I mention the surf camp is right on the beach! The most amazing place to wake up in the morning. Absolutely beautiful - you have to go!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Billabong Surf Camp & School? Share your experiences!