“Best Meals of our Holiday!” 5 of 5 stars

Calle La Ballena 10, 35660 Corralejo, La Oliva, Fuerteventura, Spain
Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 256 Restaurants in Corralejo
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
newcastle
“Best Meals of our Holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

When visiting Corralejo, this restaurant is an absolute must. We stumbled upon this restaurant during a walk to the marina in Corralejo Old Town. Simon explained the restaurant and the menu to us, giving us a few recommendations for tapas. This restaurant is authentic spanish food, unlike most restaurants which are a bit of a tourist trap. Absolutely delicious, so much so, we returned for two consecutive nights so we could try the paella. Lovely staff who really make customers feel welcome. Try, I can assure you will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014

“Very decent tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Of all of the tourist-trap type restaurants in Corralejo, this was our favourite, simply for the quality of food.

The range of tapas dishes is great, and most are really good value. There are a few which are strangely overpriced, but if you steer clear of them, then you can walk away with a fairly cheap meal for two.

The chorizo skewers are probably the best value dishes, but the monteditos (tapas served on toasted bread) dishes are also pretty decent for the price you pay.

Visited June 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Superb - an absolute must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Once again, top notch in every way. Food was absolute superb. I took Simon's recommendation of rabbit risotto (Yes I ate Thumper!) and it was delicious! Tapas was superb. The wine recommended was a Verdejo. Unusual for us as we are red fans. What a difference it made. Delicious. Trust Simon. He knows his stuff. He made the evening enjoyable. All the staff are welcoming and friendly. Try, you will not be disappointed.

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Best meal of the holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We ate here whilst on a day trip to Corralejo, we just happened to be walking past at the right time, the man from Jersey with the bulldog called Alfie stopped us and had a chat and was one of the loveliest men we've met on holiday. He explained the menu and gave some really good suggestions. We chose a few tapas each and then shared a paella, it was delicious and the view is amazing :)

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“You REALLY won't find anywhere better in Corralejo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Whilst visiting family, I went to Cafe Antiguo twice for lunch. The first occasion was superb, hence why I returned a few days later for more superb tapas. English-speaking Simon patrols the front, luring people in with his charm and knowledge, whilst ensuring patrons are waited on attentively. He's a great guy and more than accommodating, suggesting popular dishes and going out of his way to tailor your experience to meet your requirements, e.g. providing a shaded spot if you're susceptible to sunburn or offering a sheltered spot if it's a little windy.

Towards the end of the holiday I wanted to take some friends out for a birthday lunch and opted for an afternoon of authentic tapas at the establishment which had consistently delivered such fantastic results all week. Yet again, they excelled themselves providing a free glass of Cava to each of us, a free portion of chocolate birthday cake large enough for six people to share and a ludicrously reasonable bill given the quantity and quality of delicious food and drinks which we enjoyed. I have never experienced such superb value for money before!

To anyone looking for authentic food, a beautiful and tranquil setting, exceptional customer service and superb prices, I strongly recommend you visit Antiguo and I would challenge anyone to disagree with this review! Set in a tourist hot-spot, you could easily be duped into paying for a poor experience at a rival bar/cafe/restaurant, but head to Antiguo and you won't be disappointed. Don't be fooled - I do not work for Antiguo nor had I ever met Simon before - I just appreciate good food and good service for a fair price, wherever I travel! Can I really say anything more to convince you?!

If you're reading this Simon, I hope you receive lots of new and repeat business from this review as you and the staff most definitely deserve it. Keep up the great food and superb customer service! My family and their friends who live on the island have now found there most favourite local eatery in Corralejo and, without question, I will be back when I next visit if only for the caramelised goats cheese! I look forward to seeing Alfie again too, and wish him well for fatherhood!