“Lovely view!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Been going to sotavento since my first visit to corralejo in march 2010 and make it a must visit every time I visit. The staff are alway friendly and I've never had a bad meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Hands down favourite in Corralejo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

After a week of dining on our holidays, I award the tastiest, most varied food award to this place.

*Pause for applause*

We went here twice on our most recent trip to Fuerteventura and both times I was just blown away by the place. The staff are very welcoming (and not a tad OTT like some of the other places) and they even remembered us from our visits in year's previous. Those enthusiastic lads really go above and beyond for pesca/vege-tarians(ahem. me.) but overall Sotavento just have a lot of different and good food to choose from. The fish is divine, the paella was the nicest I've had and I've been informed that the steak is also very, very impressive - but I suppose absolutely everything tastes nicer with a view like that.

I'm tempted the next time I visit... only to eat here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible! Avoid this place, no matter what the sales-pitch at the door is!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

As soon as we got within view of the annoying salesman, trying to lure tourists in the door, we were bombarded with the usual promises of "best food in town" " whatever you want we have it.." Blah blah.. We couldnt even look at the menu outside due to his constant questioning. ( the relentless walk-past selling of menus in Spain is tedious). Hungry, we somehow, much to my regret wnded up walking in ( or rather pushed in) and ordering 'tapas'. This was a set menu of 8 dishes for 2 people. Good god! 'Canarian pototoes', just dried up whole potatoes, barely warmed and without any oill or seasoning. We left that hoping for better, but next arrived 'goats cheese', not resembling any kind of goats cheese ive ever had! Rubbery, shiny and tasteless, dish 3? A plate of scorched peppers, again no seasoning or oill, not a drop- just wattery seeds and skins. My partner had oddly deep fried squid crumbs, the best of all 8. I had some slices of 'parma ham' which resembled the leather wallet in my bag but out of hunger ate some. And the rest was pretty much the same. Now, we understand that tapas in UK is probably different to Spanish tapas but we expected better. What we got was atrocious. If you go, avoid tapas at ALL costs! Its not worth a eurocent. Try try try to just ignore the constant touting as you walk past the restaurants in Corralejo, look at menus and go back when you've thought about it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dufftown
“Great Tapas near Corralejo harbour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had very tasty tapas on the promenade at the Sotavento Restaurant. Prawns, cheeses, Spanish dried ham, Canarian potatoes with Mojo etc. Together with a Canarian beer It tasted very good. The view over the harbour and beach was free!! Service was good too. Must go back next time on Fuerteventura.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester
“Great views and menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Good food and service but not over friendly. There's better but much much worse. Would I go again?....yes.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere