We have just returned from our first visit to Las Brisas resort and were very impressed. It is extremely well run and maintained, and the villas are beautifully clean and well equipped with large, flat screen TV's which show English TV channels. The staff are helpful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. There is a small shop on-site for any basic food items, and also a bar and restaurant which has various entertainment in the evenings. Most of the bar/restaurant staff were very pleasant but there was one particular young lady who was very sullen and unhelpful - so much so that, having been ignored for 10 minutes, we walked out and went elsewhere.The young waitress was delightful however, and made up for her rude colleague. The location of the resort is excellent, and just a short walk will take you to the many restaurants on the sea front.
My only criticism of Las Brisas would be the sun-bed policy. It states quite clearly in the information booklet in the villa that reservation of sun-beds is strictly forbidden, and that personal items will be removed from sunbeds by the lifeguard after one hour if the beds are not used. We regularly saw beds reserved for a whole day, with people appearing in the late afternoon to claim them. This was not a major issue for us as the resort was not too busy and we were always able to find beds, but it would become a real problem during busy periods. Our villa was located by the pool and we were frequently awoken by sun-beds bring dragged around very early in the morning. This problem really does need to be dealt with.
Apart from the above we had a very good holiday and would certainly return to Las Brisas We would highly recommend it to anyone looking for first class accommodation in a well run resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ona Las Brisas is located along the picturesque fishing village of Playa Blanca. The resort was built in the traditional Mudejar style with white walls and elegant natural woodwork. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, Ona Las Brisas is built around a large heated pool. Our beautiful villas and apartments of one, two and three bedrooms have spacious, bright and comfortable interiors. Living rooms offer satellite TV, DVD player, telephone and furniture. Kitchens are fully equipped with oven, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave and fridge. Each villa has its own bathroom as well as a garden and patio with barbecue and garden furniture. There is a weekly cleaning service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere and Despegar.com so you can book your Ona Las Brisas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Brisas Hotel Playa Blanca
- Ona Las Brisas Lanzarote/Yaiza