Recently spent two weeks in this hotel and was not impressed at all. First off the hotel may say Holiday Inn but nothing reminded me of a Holiday Inn. The funiture was cheap, with stains and torn leather on the desk chair. The walls are extremly thin which makes for a loud hotel. If you do stay here ask for a odd numbered room so you will not be forced to listen to coal trucks go over the bridge behind the hotel. There were even ear plugs offered in my room if that tells you how lound it gets. I found the internet to be extremly slow and unreliable. Expect a cold shower if you don't shower before 8am. The resturant/bar was nice and had decent food.
Also during my stay we were hit with bad weather, mainly freezing rain and sleet. The first morning after the storm my car was covered in ice. I went to the front desk where they had a ice scraper for their guest's to use, which I thought was really nice. I returned to the hotel later but had to leave again. Once again my car was overed in ice. This time when I asked for the ice scraper I was told one of their employees took it home beause the employee didn't have one at their home! Also I guess the hotel does not have a contract with a snow removal company because the parking lot was never scraped or salted after the storm---2 days later the sun eventually melted it all.
The staff was alwasy friendly and helpful. And my room was always cleaned really well. As many problems as their is with this hotel I'm not sure if the other hotels in the area are any better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel is Located in the Heart of Norton's Business DistrictTravelers looking for lodging in Norton, VA can enjoy a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn hotel in Norton VA, located just off Highway 23 and surrounded by the scenic Appalachian Mountains.Our accommodations in Norton, VA are perfectly suited for families with our ideal location near area attractions like the High Knob Observation Tower, Flag Rock Recreational Area, Lonesome Pine Raceway, Grayson Lake State Park and Mountain Rose Vineyards. Your family can explore Virginia's history by driving along the Crooked Road, Virginia's Music Heritage Trail or by visiting the Southwest Virginia Museum, located just 10 miles from our hotel in Norton.Business and leisure travelers alike enjoy staying at our Norton, VA hotel, located in the heart of the city near many area businesses, like the Mountain View Medical Center, Pepsi Bottling Plant, Old Dominion Power Company and the Virginia Mining Association. You can take advantage of the convenient 24-hour business center and premium event facilities, which can seat up to 250 people. Our Norton hotel also provides free high-speed, wireless Internet access.While lodging at our hotel in Norton, VA, enjoy our amenities like the heated, indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center and on-site restaurant, where kids under 12 can eat for free. Book your hotel reservation today and take advantage of our great Norton hotel's room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Norton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norton Hotel Norton
- Norton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norton Virginia