“Very satisfied with the inn of Norton.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   551 Highway 58 East, Norton, VA 24273 (Formerly Holiday Inn Norton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Norton
somerset ky
“Very satisfied with the inn of Norton.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've been staying here every week for abt 2an a half years the employees are very nice and the service is excellent plus it is locally owned by local folks definitely a plus.yes the inn is kinda old but very well maintained, they have the best showers I have ever found they are awesome the water pressure is very very good .I have never ask for anything they couldn't provide.
As long as I come thru Norton an need a motel I will definitely will be staying at the inn

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Denver, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was in town to visit my son, and well I decided to stay here. Took me 10 Min to find someone to check in, then while I was checking in they were on their phone doing the facebook thing. So I got checked in and when went to my room, wow talk about an 1980's reunion, carpet and tv were as old as the hotel, keep in ming this is an old Holiday Inn. No Microwave or Fridge in room, and the bathroom was almost as dirty as the room, Hair all over the tub and sink. So I decided to give their in place restraunt a try Led Bellys. Took 15 min to get service and there were other people there. Waitress/Bartender looked like a spaz, after she got my drink order it took another 15 min to get my drink. Then I ordered off the menu, That took another 35 min to get my food, OMG it look gross, looked like it was a frozen food that they microwaved and it tasted like crap. Mean while I had to ask the Bartender for a refill, while she was complaining about working and how tired she was. Went to sleep it was quiet, then got up for the breakfast they had, and that was another bad time. Constrution workers/ Mexicans horded the food and would did not move when I tried to get something. So I went out to eat and came back and packed up and went to check out and asked for the manager, the lady said he does not get up until noon. I could not wait to get out of there, I checked out and stayed somewhere else the rest of my vist. Bad service, Price is too high, staff is very very poor. STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Norton hotels

Athens, Ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Reservations were made in June, confirmed in July & again in August 2 days before arrival..When we arrived it was not right.. out of 4 rooms 1 was on 1st floor, 3 on 2nd floor. rooms were disgusting but there were none available anywhere else. reservations for 2 nights & we were over charged $20.00 per night, per room.. we will sleep in the car before we ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Any place other than here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Isleta, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

In one word,..... DISGUSTING!!! We were supposed to stay for 3 nights but checked out after the first. They only had smoking rooms available which aren't usually ideal but have been tolerable in the past. It smelled like people had been smoking in that room for 20+ years with no ventilation and no laundry service. It was old, run-down, gloomy, and just plain miserable. I would not recommend anyone to stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manny H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Stacie A,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our property. I am sorry to hear that your experience left much to be desired. During your stay our property was filled with only smoking rooms available which was mentioned to you at check in and while our property is dated we do provide clean and comfortable accommodations. I do wish that you would have mentioned your discontent regarding your stay with us while you were here. Since your stay we have started to undergo remodeling of the guests rooms and will continue these upgrades throughout the property. I do hope that when your travels bring you back to the Norton area you will give us a second chance.

M. Hernandez

Candler, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We go to Wise, Va to volunteer at Remote Area Medical/Dental every year. In booking our reservation for RAM 2012 we chose Inn at Norton although we were very concerned about all the negative comments posted on the reviews. I want to say we did NOT encounter any of those problems. The desk clerk was pleasant at 9:30pm even after being chewed out by the arrivals in front of us. Our room was adequate for what we needed after working a 5am-5pm shift. The grounds were well kept even with the hotel packed for RAM weekend. The continental breakfast was well displayed and the area clean. We have no complaints and also want to mention we appreciate all the help Susan Downs gave us with our reservations. Yes, we will stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

This motel was HORRIBLE! It sounded great when we heard the price so we took it! It has a indoor/outdoor pool yes but when we walked down to the pool there was a BIG black woman (not racist) sitting with her legs sprawled out but we ignored it because it wasn't the motel's fault but then when we got in there was BLACK curly hair floating around in the pool. Next, the bathroom toilet kept flushing itself during the night due to a leak & there was black mold water damage in the corner of the ceiling. We found a toenail clipping in the bed along with some pubic hairs & as we was leaving a woman was walking with her dog down the hallway & allowed it to hike its leg on the wall. We set the temperature on the air conditioner to 65 but it was so hot in the room and it didn't help anything that the blanket was THICK! Overall, it did have good HOT water pressure and of course FREE ICE! That's it though, great location but very poor motel!

• Stayed July 2012
Manny H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out and writing a review of our property. I’m sorry to hear that your hotel stay was less than pleasurable. I have passed along your complaints regarding the cleanliness of your room to our housekeeping supervisor to ensure that all rooms are thoroughly cleaned as well as all public areas. Glad to hear you found our location ideal, and our staff was friendly and helpful. I do hope that if you are in the area you will consider staying with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly regarding your stay.

M. Hernandez
New London, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I remember staying at this hotel last summer with my aunt and cousins coming back to wisconsin from south carolina. My cousin and I went to go check prices and the woman at the desk just stared at us... he said she was like a wicked witch. So my aunt made our reservation and we walk down the hallway and the housekeeper is smokin a cig and her teenage daughter was on the cellphone "helping" her clean the room. Down the hallway, a trucker was clipping his toenails on the couch by the side entrance. I almost vomited. The room has black mold in the bathroom and my aunt swore she saw mice, which she is deathly afraid of. My cousin and I were hungry, so we went across the street to Subway. The girls working there were cute and said they felt bad for us because we were staying there. In the morning, the breakfast was two boxes of cereal and jugs of milk... woohoo... as having a career in the hotel industry, this place was pretty bad. I would never treat a guest like the woman at the desk did and a complementary breakfast is a MUST to have great reviews. (Just some tips.) It was a cool building, though! The landscape and pool were very unique. I would maybe stay again.

P.s. they did have a cool library in the lobby. Lots of old books.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!