“If you want a five star holiday go to a five star hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Europa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Dalies s/n, 07687 Sa Coma, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Sa Coma
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“If you want a five star holiday go to a five star hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have just returned from the Europa apartments, we really enjoyed it our apartment was basic but clean, we saw ants outside but none in the apartment which was on the ground floor, there is ant spray in the apartment if you do see any. Michael who is the manager was very friendly and helpful as are all the staff, they don't speak very good English but if you make the effort they will do their best for you. It is very convenient for the beach and the resort, both are lovely, the apartments are near but set back enough to be quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

After staying a week in the Europa holiday, it was better than i thought it be, we stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was a average size, some people had a problem with ants, but if u keep ur room clean it wont be a problem, pool area was nice and clean, advise against drinking the local beer from the pool bar, as of a group off 7, 4 was ill.
Its very basic but u get wot u pay for,
Recommend eating at jjs bar, good size portions, and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week at the Europa and we were glad to come home. We arrived to a lovely pool but that's all that was lovely. We found a mouldy plate of food in microwave, dirty pans and plates in the kitchen. It was so dirty we didnt eat once in our apartment the kitchen had no kettle or toaster they have to be hired and one plug in hob to cook on the kitchen was filthy. The bathroom was filthy taps were rusty and the shower head snapped off while the sink in the bathroom leaked when taps used. Probably the dirtiest place we have stayed in and wouldn't return. Such a shame they're in a great location and Sa Coma is lovely.

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Grubby. Dilapidated. Infested.

The only saving grace for this place was that it was so close to the beach you can forget where you have to sleep.

The ant infestation is disgusting, the kitchenettes are grubby and falling apart, the sofas/ beds and bedding are stained. The bathrooms are equally poor.

Some may say "what do you expect? You get what you pay for" however, would you pay to stay in a slum?

Not good value by any stretch of the imagination.

• Stayed August 2013
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am actually writing this review as I am sat at the table in the said apartments. I say table as there is too many ants on the sofa!!! Yes its cheap, but every year I book a last minute cheap deal to Spain for myself, husband and 2 children and this is the first time I have ever written a bad review. They say its self catering, but that is not true, there is no kettle, toaster and only a plug in table top cooker. Erything is dirty and grubby to touch..on first night I had to go and see reception to tell them that the only saucepan I had was growing mould, he told me to go away and come back in morning as he couldn't do nothing about it. I the spent the night sleeping with my 2 children instead of my husband as they were scared to sleep with so many ants..when I say so many I am Talking about a serious infestation and at one point we counted 41, just on my one sons pillow. The response of the hotel was 'sorry, but maybe people before you were dirty and it has not been cleaned and there is spray here for u to kill them' My youngest son is asthmatic so the lifeguard/receptionist/first aider/cleaner has agreed to come up once a day whilst we are out. The fridge, sink, toilet were in a disgusting state and no one really seems to give a monkeys. Patio door doesnt open properly which i suppose is quite a relief seeing as it has no lock on it. We have made a few friends here and they all seem to have the same problem. Hotel staff nice enough, although very slow and simple with the exception of the one female. Will come back to Sa coma, but if it was offered to me for nothing I would not come here again. People say you get what you pay for, but to me it felt like I had booked a basic b&b and was given a hostel.....really, really bad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rayleigh, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived late at night and were met with a warm welcome. Our second floor apartment had a good size lounge and bedroom with a lovely view of the gardens and pool.The kitchen was well stocked with utensils, a kettle and 2 ring hob. The apartment must have recently been refurbished as tiling, furniture and curtains all appeared new. Everything was kept very clean, inside the apartment and in the pool area. The staff were very hardworking and friendly. The lady who worked as a lifeguard and in the bar was very helpful. I would thoroughly recommend the Europa. Good location,close to the shops, restaurants and beach.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have a lovely view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Before arriving at Europa with our 4 year old and 10 year old it is fair to say that we felt very apprehensive having read some of the terrible reviews of these apartments. I can honestly say that we had a fantastic holiday! The apartments and pool are very clean and the staff are really friendly and helpful - they appreciate you making an effort with your Spanish too! The bar by the pool sells drinks and ice-creams at very cheap prices (1.90E for a pint of lager and 2E for a large glass of wine) and there is even a life guard by the pool 80% of the time. The baby pool is a perfect depth for smaller children, the pool area has plenty of sunbeds and there is lots of shade to be found under the trees around the terrace area. The surrounding trees give the apartments real character but may also be the reason why there are some ants hanging around. They are really tiny and don't bite - reception will give you ant spray if you want it. We didn't use it though, if you keep the floor and kitchen free from food they don't come near. All in all a fantastic holiday - we felt like we were staying in the 'real' Spain which was a refreshing change and we would definitely return. The beach and plenty of bars, shops and restaurants are within a 5-10 minute walk (Cafe Del Mar served the most delicious food we have eaten in a long time and Chaplins in cheap and tasty but avoid 'The Royal Oak' in Sa Coma at all costs) Within 15 mins walk there are also two relaxed but lively bars that have good quality entertainment (The King's Head and The Brittania Bar). I would recommend this place to friends - it's not luxury but worth more than we paid for it and I don't think you can say fairer than that. (see photos) If you have any questions please feel free to message me!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Europa? Share your experiences!