We stayed at the Coma Gran with our two year old daughter for 11 nights from 22 June to 3rd July. The hotel is clean and spacious and the one bedroom apartment we stayed in was modern and large. On the plus side the kids splash pool is excellent and the soft play area and baby room are fantastic, as are the outdoor playgrounds. Our daughter enjoyed T-time live and fell in love with Thomson the dog. The food in the hotel is of an excellent quality and the variety was good. It does get a bit 'samey' but when so much variety is offered every night that is inevitable. Our little girl ate better there than she does at home. The staff in the restaurant were friendly and efficient.
On the downside, the music by the pool is too loud and doesn't stop until 11.30p.m. approx. It is a family resort and I think it should finish a little earlier so that the little ones can go to sleep. It was still very loud even with all windows closed etc. Having said that, it didn't spoil the enjoyment of our holiday and our daughter did like dancing to the 'party in the pool' at 11 and 4.30p.m.
We had our bag stolen on the beach (which held a very expensive camera). We didn't leave the bag unattended, it was taken by means of distraction by a fruit seller so beware. When we reported this, the police were useless and the rep was unsympathetic. When she realised how much is meant to us however (having lost almost 1500 pics) she did sympathise and made a special effort with our daughter, even giving her a Thomson family resort certificate she so wanted and making the time to talk to her etc.
The reps are mostly enthusiastic and the creche staff, although we didn't put our daughter in, were nice. Sunny Sarah really put effort in to the entertainment and the kids seemed to enjoy it. There did seem to be some tension between the reps though (another family commented on it also) and one day they were obviously being observed as the entertainment and frinedliness was stepped up a gear!!
Our daughter made two lovely little friends ('Tinkerbella' and Abigail) and we met some nice parents!
We got to hear the evening entertainment from our balcony and it was 'ok'. The Abba tribute sounding the best.
We took a trip to Marine Land. The reps told us it would take about an hour to get there and that we would be back around 3. It took 1 hour 40 and we were back at 4.30! It's expensive but we enjoyed it despite the crowds and heat.
Would we go back? Definitely! By the end of the holiday, we got used to the noise, our daughter loved it, the food was great, the hotel really nice and the staff friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern apartment complex situated at 100 m. from the nice sandy beach of Sa Coma. The building consts of 17 studios, 187 one-bedroom apartments and 6 two-bedroom apartments. All equipped with complete bathroom, telephone, sat-TV, kitchenette, safety-boxes and balcony, lounge with sofa-beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coma Gran Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coma Gran Aparthotel Hotel Sa Coma
- Coma Gran Aparthotel Sa Coma, Majorca