“protur sa coma playa and spa hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa

You added Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Abedules s/n | Urb. El Dorado, 07560 Sa Coma, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Sa Coma
Ashington, United Kingdom
“protur sa coma playa and spa hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

absolutely outstanding.hotel,food and staff was first class.
it was so good we have booked to go back next year.
special thanks to CHEZ ,he made my 60th birthday extra special as did all the other staff.
i can fully recommend this hotel with confidence.
me and my family were treat like royalty,its really nice to feel that nothing is a problem.

cant wait till next year

Room Tip: a junior suite is extra special for families
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in June and enjoyed it that much that we decided to return in August with my parents and with our 2 children. Again, everything about our visit was excellent. The rooms were modern, clean and of a good size. There was a great choice of food on offer every day. We always found something to suit everyone. We went all inclusive and found it very good value for money. The children were kept watered and fed and we all enjoyed the food, cake, ice creams and sandwiches on offer at different points throughout the day. We were very impressed that the minibar in our rooms was included in the all inclusive price and that when we asked for spirits at the bar - they were all branded and not locally produced imitations. The children loved the kids club. Although it was the school holidays when we visited - you would'nt have thought it was. There were only a small number of children here. There were plenty of sunbeds available throughout the day and there wasn't any unruly groups around - everyone was just relexing and having fun. Staying at the Protur Sa Coma Playa was brilliant for us. It catered for all ages (in our party we were aged between 6 and 66) To find out what entertainment there is (for adults and children)look at the boards near the bar entrance/reception. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. During our visit we took at trip to Cala Millor. You'll find the times for the landtrain in the information book on the reception desk. It was a nice trip and confirmed my suspicions that Cala Millor is a much busier location and confirmed that Sa Coma was the right destination for us - quiet and relaxing. Without doubt, we shall be visiting again next year and I'll be letting all of my friends and family know that Protur Sa Coma Playa is definitely the best hotel in Sa Coma and that they should try it for themselves. The manager, Chej did everything to ensure that we had a fantastic holiday. Thanks again Chej - we look forward to seeing you and your team next year!

Room Tip: Always put forward your requests when making your booking ie "pool facing". Always ask qu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed in the hotel 3rd week in September. While I agree that the hotel is very nice, clean and the rooms are spacious, I cant agree with the comments regarding the food. We were All Inclusive and felt that the food was underpar for a 4* hotel. We also felt that AI guests did not recieve the same quality at lunchtime that the paying guests received. Most of the selection at lunch and dinner seemed to be fill em up carbs,EG: potatoes in many forms, pasta, rice etc. We like to dine around 8.30pm and on several occasions the pasta was so congealed I could not seperate a portion to have so it was left. The salads were very nice. Also in the dining room when we asked for a glass of wine that is exactly what we got, we were never offered a top up. When we arrived we were given the keys to room 105, when we opened the door the room was obviously still in the state the last guests had left it in. We were told to sit in reception until another room was found for us, we were not asked if we would like coffee or even water.

The Manager Chej (sorry if i have not got that right) was very pleasant, always on the door of the dining room to welcome guests. Staff in dining room worked very hard and were pleasant.

On the morning of our departure, we were to be picked up at 8.00 am, the breakfast does not start till then, so we had to leave the hotel without as much as a cup of coffee to see us on our way. When we handed our keys to the receptionist all he said was thank you..goodbye. Not as much as do you have time for anything before you go. Why no coffee machine for guests that leave early, we were starving by the time we got to the airport.
Sorry, but for what we paid, I think the hotel fell short in the above areas. We will be returning to Turkey in future, they realy know how to satisfy their guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed here in July this year. The family suites are the ideal room for a family with young children and it was nice to have the extra touches such as walk in wardrobe and jacuzzi bath/separate walk in shower... We thought the hotel was furnished to a high standard and enjoyed using the quieter pool at the front of the hotel. At night the food standard was fine but due to time of year that we visited it did have the feel of a canteen and you couldn't really relax and chill out a bit. You couldn't get a seat at the bar at night if you got there after 8pm and although we have two young children we prefer to sit and have a quiet drink as a family. One night we went to the Italian at the Biomar hotel and really liked the feel of the place better overall as it was so much quieter. Because we went half board at Sa Coma rather than all inclusive it makes more sense for us to stay at the Biomar when we return in the future. Sa coma playa was a lovely family hotel though and I would definitely stay there again but just rather busy in school holidays which is to be expected!

• Stayed July 2012
Alloa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I agree with the sentiments in many of the other reviews: spotlessly clean, great staff, good rooms, food was god quality and even the location isn't too bad. We went all inclusive and it was great value for money. The evening entertainment was a bit dodgy but I suppose that is down to personal taste. I wouldn't rush to try one of the other restaurants in the Protur group in the resort, best look before you book. Would I go back, yes, but there are other places to see first.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I travelled to the Sa Coma Playa on 16 th September 2012 for 1 week with my partner and our 3 children aged 10, 6 and 1.
I searched the Internet for hours and hours as we hadn't been abroad for ten years and having the children in tow meant it was imperative that we found somewhere that was suitable for us all. I got some very unrealistic prices for some very standard hotels in Majorca from a few travel agents and so decided to find somewhere for myself mainly by scouring trip advisor. Thank goodness I came across this hotel !!!!! Before we went I was a little worried about the handful of negative comments on trip advisor. From my experience all I can say is that for those people going through the same ... should I/ shouldn't I book this holiday like we did DO NOT hesitate you will not be disappointed. The rooms are beautiful ( we stayed in suite 311 ) it is clean, the service is friendly, the food is amazing with a huge variety and there wasn't one person that we came across that had anything less than beaming reviews for this hotel. Please don't hunt around trying to find anywhere better .... Because you won't be able to match this place.
When we left the manager ( chej ) gave us t shirts for the children and his business card so that we can book direct next year, we will definitely be doing just that along with the hoards of people that we've chatted to during our holiday that go year after year.
A perfect hotel for any age, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well.......?
We read all the reveiws..... we studied all the options.
Could this place really be that good???
Absolutely!!!!
My wife takes the 'Dettol wipes' everywhere and I criticise even my OWN beer.
We have stayed in Mallorca countless times and I must say I was blown away by this place.
In 1994 I visited Hong Kong and went for breakfast with friends to a diner they recommended.
You could feel the atmosphere from the moment you crossed the doorstep; the place was buzzing and the staff were not only brilliant but having a great time too.
The manager walked up to our table and greeted us as is he'd known us for ever.
When he turned his back I saw that his tee shirt read - 'The beatings will contintue until morale improves'. That left a mark on me.
I did not think I would experience such an atmosphere again but I was wrong.
The management of this hotel have it completely sussed.
Without repeating everything that's already been said about the hotel, may I just say that we (my wife, my 6 year old son and I) had a brilliant holiday, that the management and staff were superb, and that I would recommend this hotel to even the most sceptical of tripadvisor fans.

Now, vital information for the gentlemen....

ALL INCLUSIVE:

- Clean, ice cold beer every time
- You choose your beer; draught or bottled all day long
- You choose the mixers; draught or bottles (Coke, Fanta etc.)
- Best of wines and spirits (Smirnoff, Drambuie, Southern Comfort etc) all day long.
- Minbar filled every day with beer, soft drinks and even crisps!
- No catches!!
- Michelin Star restaurant above the dining area has an excellent little lounge area for a quiet pre- dinner drink.

Great, great hotel and a thriving business as a result.
Don't think twice - just go!

Room Tip: We were in Room No 69 which backed on to the receptioin area. Would recommend Rooms in the Nos 50...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!