The location was perfect, everything in the town is on the doorstep, literally.A great welcome also. However we had specifically asked for a Maximum Sunny Room, and had booked well in advance.
We were given a corner room at the end of a corridor, on the left hand side of the hotel, very exposed at the side to the elements, i.e. wind, with some sun mainly later later in the day. And shaded by 2 large trees?
As the weather was poor when we arrived, I made the mistake of not asking immediately to be moved. However, we advised Nadine and Joan of this, and have booked for September, for 10 nights. We have been assured that the room issue will be rectified on our next visit, by an email to them 2 weeks before we leave. The week we stayed was windy in general, but we have also been in September and know all about windy Alcudia.
I am sure that during the hot months that the breeze will be very welcome in this room, also the shade from the very large trees.
This did spoil our full enjoyment of this stay. Part of our enjoyment is to use the Balcony for Breakfast, and before dining, sit on the balcony with a glass or 2.
We were not half board, but decided to have dinner there on one night. This far exceeded our expectations. It was 12€ each with a glass of wine, and we were very surprised at the quality and the waitresses were charming. We will certainly eat here more often on our next visit.
The room however was very spacious, very light as there is an extra window, with a good view of the mountains,and kept very clean, the room maids were also lovely. The kettle was missing, I mentioned this to Nadine, and it was in our room before I got upstairs!
I would recommend the roof terrace as well, the view is stunning. I would recommend this hotel, our recommendation will hopefully be endorsed by our next visit as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ferrer Maristany is situated in the centre of the Tourists area of Puerto de Alcúdia, 80m from its fine sand beach and only 100m away of a large shopping centre and nautical port. There are 55 spacious apartments and studios with air-conditioning/heating, fully equipped bathroom with hair-dryer and cosmetic mirror, satellite TV, direct outward dialling phone, safety deposit box (paying), kitchenette and balcony. Apartments reservable with sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aparthotel Ferrer Maristany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ferrer Maristany Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Aparthotel Ferrer Maristany Majorca, Spain