Stayed here 1st of September for a week with three friends, all girls aged 22-24.
Overall this hotel was a good base for exploring the resort. Five minute walk away is the lovely beach and right on your doorstep are all the shops to get your presents for family and friends back home.
The rooms were a bit dated but clean and spacious. TV holds a good amount of UK channels for you to stay up to date with things back home. Air conditioning is good and free although slightly noisy but it didn't bother us to much. Room could have done with a fridge but you can't have everything.
Pool area was nice, and you could usually find a lounger as there were spares stacked in the garden.
Bad points: Some of the food is a little samey and repeated and I found it bizarre that there was no option in the evening meal for a drink that you didn't have to pay for when you were half board. (I'd presume drinks would be included with a meal)
Entertainment wise it is very catered to the older generation, nothing what so ever for our age group.
Overall a good hotel but I wouldn't recommend it to the younger generation.
- Also Known As:
- Astoria Playa Puerto Alcudia
- Astoria Playa Hotel
- Hotel Astoria Playa Majorca, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- astoria playa hotel **** has been refurbished in 2013, with modern and confortable design, only for adults, situated y the Alcudia bay, only at 150mts of the beach, with 176 rooms, 2 outside swimmingpools, one with chill out ambience, the other borded by our garden and mini golf, perfect for couples, who is looking for relax or sports lovers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Hotel Astoria Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.