“All inclusive stay 24th to 31st July” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BelleVue Club

You added BelleVue Club to your Saves list
BelleVue Club
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Avenida Pedro Mas y Reus 21, 07410 Port d'Alcudia, Alcudia, Majorca, Spain (Formerly Apartments Hotetur Bellevue)   |
Announcement
¡Apartamentos renovados!
Ranked #43 of 47 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“All inclusive stay 24th to 31st July”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went on this holiday with my two sons aged 8 and 10 years. We did have a good time and the boys are raving about it when anyone asks. However, I think we had a good time as I spent far more than I wanted to/can afford as the hotel was so dire I needed to in order to 'make' the holiday.
I think the main problem is they are operating on the cheap and there are no way near enough staff to deal with this huge site. The hotel is dirty, fag ends, plasters, general rubbish everywhere including all along the sides of the scummy canal and in the swimming pools (I borrowed the boys goggles to play a game in a pool and wished I hadn't seen the bottom of the pool - gross).
The food is basic and hygiene of the staff questionable. The Jet2holidays rep was a lovely friendly lady and the lady on reception who initially greeted us was great but apart from that the staff are rude and unhappy to help.
The hotel smells of drains/sewage very strongly intermittedly.
The police were called out one night to deal with a fight outside our room, glass was smashed and blood on the floor that remained there for 2 days. We had a family in the room next to us where mum and dad went out each night drinking and left the kids who then ran up and down the corridor till past 1am buzzing all the doors as a game. Someone did a wee one night in our block lobby - you could smell it in the morning - the list goes on.
On the positive - Mallorca is a beautiful island - the trip we went on to Caves of Drach was fantastic, Alcudia beach has soft sand and the Port of Alcudia is very pretty and its a lovely walk along the beach in the evening to get to it - good transport links if you don't fancy the walk. I spoke to a lot of people who were clearly angered by the quality of the hotel (mainly Thompsons holidays) - the price I paid for this holiday seemed a good one for a break during the kids summer school holiday break - but due to all the issues I have described above I still think I paid too much.
My advice - got to Mallorca but don't stay here - it was quite upsetting at times.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,216)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Ive never written a review, but because my daughter and i had such a lovely time i want to share my thoughts. Not only was our room spotless, and cleaned 3 times in a wk, the whole place was clean aswell. The staff were all so hard working and helpfull. The food was of a mixed quality, but never bad, and always lots of choices. If i had to have one negative, it would be the queue for drinks, the staff work their socks off, but more than 2 barmen each bar is needed. This was the perfect, safe, fun family holiday for me and my 10yr old daughter, our first time abroad on our own. A definite must for any family, especially single parents with little money.

Room Tip: Ask for close to amineties, serena is perfect.
Kettering
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just back from here on Monday night.
The place is fine purely if you self cater. NEVER in a million years is this a 3* hotel.
At best it's a 2*. It is however clean in the apartment blocks and rooms are tidied Monday, Weds and Fri, which is fair.
The stench of sewage hits you when you first arrive, but that passes as it comes and goes.
No idea what it was, but you can live with it.
Fans ARE needed in self catering and are 10 pounds a week.
A safe =3 pounds a day, but ours would not operate. A refund was happily given.
We did not eat in the hotel as we met so many people complaining about the quality of the food, so decided against even trying so no fair review. However, the hotel is fantastically placed amongst some fabulous places to dine, and the are loads of supermarkets within 2 minutes walk.
It's also only 15 minutes wander to the beach (it's to hot to rush to it) where you can hire sunbeds and shades for just 4.50 euros, which was a godsend, as at the hotel over 50% of the sunbeds are broken-(25% of them to a dangerous level) and a good 80% of the whole lot are so disgustingly filthy! I never once saw them washed down.
The 8 pools are in reasonably clean condition, though they need some definite maintenance at the end of the season, but it's just replacing the odd few tiles and a bit of re-grouting.
The grounds are well tidied, but the guests leave the place in such a state every evening, as the bins are not regularly emptied, so the rubbish left about denies belief!
The barrier round the pool adjacent to the lake is badly broken and will cause an accident and whoever took the pic of the pool/lake area was very clever. The reality is nothing like.
Do not waste time walking to the island on the lake btw, it is full to the top with rubbish. Sad.
The perimeter fence round the hotel on the main road area is so badly broken down and has been repaired with--wait for it--BARBED WIRE!!!
I used the facilities over the restaurant on my way to the show garden one evening, and to my horror quickly found no loo roll in the ladies AND NO wash basins - only pipes where they used to be, and folk are expected to eat there! NOT if you went to the loo first! Yuk.
The show garden is when you finally realize you are actually at a cheap Spanish version of 'butlins' as it had not dawned on me till that point when I actually saw the seating layout.
Not the end of the world though, but I was pmsl when the penny finally dropped.
There is an English compere there who was dire and I could have beaten her as she is not funny and uses criticism, sarcasm and bullying language constantly to amuse the audience. Never did it occur to her that no-one was laughing. So dim and a horrible way to be thinking you are funny.
The 'animation' team are pretty poor all round sadly, but again, out side opposite the complex the range of entertainment is great.
The hotel allows a group of Africans to walk about pressure selling a load of junk all day and all night, and after midnight this also includes 'weed' btw! One has no sooner left your sight than the next arrives, and this is really irritating to the point of getting snappy with your refusals to buy.
The apartment blocks are various sizes of high blocks and there are so many of these we finally gave up counting them all.
The one we were in is 8 floors high, called Leda 2, and has 132 apartments and 2 lifts, the block opposite has 56 and the one down the middle has 96.
Most of these rooms have 4 guests, and there are 3 pools there for EVERYONE to use.
1 of these is a babies paddling pool, 1 is a 'wading' toddler pool and the other a full size pool.
By 11am it is not possible to swim in any manner, only mess about.
There are roughly 150 'sunbeds' for all these folk, many of which are taken up to guest rooms to secure the use next day, and the rest have towels on by 5am at the latest. It is so stupid, as there is so much well kept grass to lie on using your towel or lilo, and as I said, the most fab beach sooo close.
Now we didn't pay much for our week, and we will go back as the hotel was adequate and we have no little kiddies to fret over, and we loved Alcudia itself, but young families need to be vigilant, and be aware security is fairly non- existant.
There were fights in the grounds every single night and no-one to help calm things down.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
N.Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed for 14 nights no air con is the main issue but its cheap and cheerful
It reminds me of haven sites in the uk same sort of format
Staff where fine the only issue we had was the wifi was crap due to being over subscribed when I said to reception they refunded the payment with no problems
We were not all inclusive and ate out at luna,s and the cheers restaurant both excellent with very good entertainment
We also used the show garden there the entertainment was fair apart from Laura who needs her voice box removed
We would go back for the simple reason it's CHEAP if you want nice surroundings you pay the extra don't go all inclusive and you go out when you want

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I am in the bellvue at the moment . Checking out on Friday .
I was really worried about coming here with my 9 year old son having read the awful reviews and being a bit of a holiday snob!! .

Being someone who went to a 4* all inclusive in June and a 5* last October I was relieved when the Bellvue wasn't as bad as I had read.

You do really get what you pay for here though , it is basic , staying at minerva 2 the rooms are very 1970s and functional at best but hey you only go there to sleep .

The food is ok , my 9 year old never complained and there was always something I liked . to be honest what 9 year old wants to go out to eat anyway when there are much more fun things to do.

The entertainment is funny as it is pretty bad but enjoyable none the less . You do have to queue for all inc drinks but you can get 3 per person and I never waited more than 10 minutes.

The location and grounds are lovely & what make the place and the nearby beach is a must .

However I would say there are a lot of chargeable activities , arcades, mini golf , karting , stalls selling lasers etc and there is the fair so be prepared to spend loads on that .

If you have young children then this place is great for a cheap and cheerful holiday just don't expect 4* and bring loads of change !!

• Stayed August 2012
Stevenage, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Let me first start by saying that this is not the first review I have ever written on a hotel, and I try to be as fair as I can be.

That said I found this hotel, from which I have just returned after spending a week here, a complete and utter disorganised shambles.

Let me start off with check in. This is where the fun starts. Picture the scene, coaches turning up to drop off more and more families all geared up for a week or two of fun in the sun only to be greeted by a small shack with 2-3 check in clerks. I was lucky in retrospect as I arrived at the hotel at 3am so I managed to get through check in fairly quickly, but if you arrive during the day then you can expect waits of up to 45 minutes in the boiling sun. Not fun if you are wearing jeans or have small kids.

Upon receiving our room key (block Diana 2) we were given a map to where we needed to go. This turned out to be a 10 minute hike in total darkness as lighting is minimal. If you have seen the film The Chernobyl Diaries you will have an idea as to what it looked like.

We found our block and entered our room to be greeted by intense greenhouse type heat. Now I know that the brochures all state that the rooms don't have air con and I was aware of this when booking but you expect at least fans on the ceiling to circulate the air. This is 2013 not 1973. Fans are available to rent at 10 euros a week but they are not very powerful and do little. You would better off getting someone with asthma to blow on you.

The rooms are of a basic standard. You get a TV that shows fuzzy Spanish channels (no English as advertised), rock hard matresses, light fixtures that hang loose off the walls and if your as lucky as we were then the cupboard doors in the kitchen will be rotting away too.

The balconies are of a good size and have a plastic table and a couple of chairs and there is lighting on the balcony too (I think as ours didn't work).

The swimming pools are ok. In all honesty they are just holes in the ground filled with water but they do the job. Getting a sunbed is nigh on impossible as each pool has maybe 40-50 sunbeds which all have towels on them by 08:30. The main problem here seems to be there are no shaded areas to get out of the sun. The pool bar/shed we had by our pool had no seating area or cover. We had temperatures of 35 degrees and upwards so the only place to get out of the sun to cool down was our room, but seeing as this was like a sauna during the day this wasn't that greater option.

Onto feeding time. This is what it felt like. I can not for the life of me fathom why they would have a hotel with 1500 rooms (quick maths says maybe 6000 guests) but a restaurant that holds no more than 300 people at a time. Apparently there is an upstairs seating area in the canteen but this was never used as no food was on the counters, drinks machines turned off and no staff up here.

The food is utterly disgusting for various reasons which I will demonstrate.
I had one day spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs were 80% bone shards. Yummy
Salad is reused from day before, cucumber and peppers were dry.
Bread is not replaced from breakfast to dinner = stale bread with your soup
Orange juice machines run out of juice concentrate so pumps out water instead.
Show meat is handled without proper gloves. I saw a chef putting raw meat on the griddle with bare hands, not much of a problem with that in general but when he is scratching his head with the same hands without washing them......you get my point.
I saw on numerous occasions waitresses putting food back off the plates when people had finished. Worst one was a half eaten bowl of jelly being put back into the serving dish.
I could go on and on and on.

The entertainment was very hit and miss. The main shows at 10pm are quite good but stay away from the mini disco. I am still singing Belo Belo in my head. Aaaargh.

The bars in the showcase area now perfectly sum up why I felt that people that pay the extra money to stay all inclusive get treated as second rate guests. There are 3 bars in the showcase area. If you have to pay for your drinks you have to go to the central bar. This is styled as a beach hut with the bottles of drink arranged in a nice way. Cocktails are made fresh from scratch and drinks are served in glasses. All inclusive guests get the other two bars. These resemble sheds with long waiting lines, drinks served in plastic cups with a limit of 3 drinks per visit ( a family of 4 or more are buggered), cocktails served directly out of vending machines and staff so rude that it is no wonder the little cups they leave out for tips are always empty.

The actual premises of the hotel is quite clean and tidy. The biggest let down is the canal that runs through the hotel to the lake. This is filled with rubbish and I was surprised I didn't see a shopping trolley in it somewhere. Apart from that I can't really fault it.

The biggest warning I can give to anyone staying here though is the cost while you are here. There are loads of activities going on but they all cost extra and are not cheap. Thomas Cook advertise the fact that there is a childrens fun fair and go karts but they can cost a small fortune.
Go karts - £25 for 10 minutes each
Boat to the beach - £3 each
Crazy golf - £4.50 each
Fun fair - £3 per ride each

So to conclude if you stay here you will be staying somewhere that resembles Beirut, You will come home knackered through lack of sleep due to heat and other guests that make Wayne and Waynetta look like snobs, you will be hungry unless you eat out and you will get sunstroke from not being able to escape the sun properly. Oh and if you have a band on your arm stating you are staying all inclusive expect sympathetic glances from other guests.

Would I come to Alcudia again, definitely. Would I stay at Bellevue Club Apartments again, definitely not. How Thomas Cook rate this hotel as a 4* is beyond me.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I don't know where to start with this hell hole. We arrived here at 3am and was given a map to our apartment, which was miles away and even at 3am it was hot still. We arrived at Diana 2 and was welcomed to a sweaty and smelly, unclean apartment with no air conditioning. I know this hotel doesn't say air conditioning but you presume this day in age in Majorca its a no brainer.
We visited the restaurant probably on 5 occasions and it got to the point where it was so bad we decided to go out and eat in the end. People are fighting for food, tables and the food its disgusting. The staff there are rude, non helpful and if you want cutlery for your meal then except to go on a hunt for at least 15 minutes to find your own. On numerous occasions I saw fruit juice machines running out and serving water and no one changing them, if you asked if there was anymore you was guided off to the next machine at the other end of the restaurant and again this as the same problem, I gave up in the end.
Entertainment was shocking and we went out in the end as All Inclusive guests have a shed to get watered down drinks from and the queues were awful, you had a drink served in a plastic kids cup.
Late at night there was people in the pool shouting swearing and causing problems and with familys with small children trying to get some sleep is not good. We had a family above us who was so shocking with there swearing, they had no respect. There is banging all night long, shouting and I even heard on the last night a fight broke out with blood everywhere and police called arresting people in the apartments.
The highlight for me was one day sitting around the dirty pool they shouted get out the pool its contaminated with Poo.....yes Poo. Everyone got out and it was then closed off. This is Disgusting and probaly just about sums the place up.
We booked this holiday as a last minute get away and I can honestly say its one of the worst hotels ive stayed in and stay well away.
Travelled with my 12 year old and husband.

Room Tip: Do not bother as all disgusting and dirty
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to BelleVue Club? Share your experiences!