I went on this holiday with my two sons aged 8 and 10 years. We did have a good time and the boys are raving about it when anyone asks. However, I think we had a good time as I spent far more than I wanted to/can afford as the hotel was so dire I needed to in order to 'make' the holiday.
I think the main problem is they are operating on the cheap and there are no way near enough staff to deal with this huge site. The hotel is dirty, fag ends, plasters, general rubbish everywhere including all along the sides of the scummy canal and in the swimming pools (I borrowed the boys goggles to play a game in a pool and wished I hadn't seen the bottom of the pool - gross).
The food is basic and hygiene of the staff questionable. The Jet2holidays rep was a lovely friendly lady and the lady on reception who initially greeted us was great but apart from that the staff are rude and unhappy to help.
The hotel smells of drains/sewage very strongly intermittedly.
The police were called out one night to deal with a fight outside our room, glass was smashed and blood on the floor that remained there for 2 days. We had a family in the room next to us where mum and dad went out each night drinking and left the kids who then ran up and down the corridor till past 1am buzzing all the doors as a game. Someone did a wee one night in our block lobby - you could smell it in the morning - the list goes on.
On the positive - Mallorca is a beautiful island - the trip we went on to Caves of Drach was fantastic, Alcudia beach has soft sand and the Port of Alcudia is very pretty and its a lovely walk along the beach in the evening to get to it - good transport links if you don't fancy the walk. I spoke to a lot of people who were clearly angered by the quality of the hotel (mainly Thompsons holidays) - the price I paid for this holiday seemed a good one for a break during the kids summer school holiday break - but due to all the issues I have described above I still think I paid too much.
My advice - got to Mallorca but don't stay here - it was quite upsetting at times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for a family vacation. Holidays in the Club Bellevue Apartments are always good fun, because you can find all the sports and entertainment activities possible for you and your family to have a great time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BelleVue Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellevue Club Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Bellevue Alcudia
- Apartments Hotetur Bellevue Hotel
- Holiday Village Bellevue
- Hotetur Bellevue
- Apartments Hotetur Bellevue Puerto Alcudia
- Bellevue Hotel Alcudia
- Hotel Bellevue Alcudia
- Hotetur Club Bellevue
- Bellevue Apartments Alcudia