“Fabulous first holiday with our 2 toddler” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Viva Sunrise

You added Viva Sunrise to your Saves list
Viva Sunrise
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Mexico S/N, 07410 Port d'Alcudia, Alcudia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Farnham
“Fabulous first holiday with our 2 toddler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went to Viva Sunrise with our young son (2 years old). It was our first trip abroad as a family and we loved it. On arrival we paid for an upgrade to the superior rooms. they have an extended terrace with a spa bath. Fabulous. The whole room and the terrace were great, especially the massive bed and beautiful bathrooms (best shower I have ever had!). The great thing about the terrace was that even when our boy went down for evening (after dancing with BUFO - the hotel super-mouse) we still felt part of the action.

Anyway more about the hotel, very clean, great pool, OK location. Breakfast was extensive and good, lunch was pretty decent, but evening meal was a little disappointing, a bit samey and a bit school dinners, but i wasn’t really there for high gastronomy.

I cannot stress enough, though, that this hotel is firmly geared up for young families. Perfect of course if that’s what you have, but i wouldn’t go if you are childless or your kids are 10+.

I would/will definately return next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Pontypool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a wonderful holiday at this hotel. There we nine in our party four in our apartment (me, hubby, 4 year old daughter and 2 year old daughter), in the second apartment was my sister with her other half, and her four year old daughter and in third studio room were our parents. The apartments were clean and simply but nicely decorated with a kitchenette and lounge area with two sofa beds, balcony and then a separate bedroom and nice sized bathroom. I read a review where they said noisy hotel but our balcony overlooked the street and it was nice and quiet.

I usually judge a hotel by the swimming pool and the pool is lush! One deep pool and one beach style pool and then there is the pirate ship play area and splash pool, all excellent. Friendly lifeguards on duty between 10 - 6.

From the time we stepped into the reception we received wonderful service. We had decided to go all inclusive and I am so glad that we did. The breakfast and dinner were buffet style and the food was good quality, tasty with healthy or indulgent options! Lunch was waiter service and a la carte with a good choice of mid-day snacks, tapas option and filling meals. Children had crayons and colouring placements every day. The waiting staff are friendly and attentive. In some all-inclusive hotels we've been to previously you often had to pay more for certain drinks or had limited choice of wines and only local gin etc but here the variety was excellent and cocktails were also included and again there was plenty of choice. The entertainment was good and our children loved the kids disco, Abba show and Beauty & the Beast. First class would love to go back next summer.

The only slight moans that I had were the bathroom in our bedroom was a bit "tired" and I would have liked nonslip mats on the floor from the pirate ship pool to the stairs of the ship as the tiles were slippery and the children were speeding back to the top of the slides. Also you have to be up my 9.30 to get a sunbed in August but with two young children we always were!!

Great for families. The grandparents, parents and children in our group all had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: Think you can upgrade your room for 10 euros a day and have a pool view with a jacuzzi on your balco...
kendal, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

we stayed here from the 8th to the 22nd august, me , hubby and our 11 yr old daughter . I had booked a premium room, which I urge you to do, they are beautiful, the wetroom was amazing. The hotel is predominantly used by german/ scandinavian guests, which I knew by reading reviews before I booked .
We did find it nigh on impossible to get a sunbed by the pools, so spent a lot of time sightseeing or at the beach ( which is awesome !)
Entertainment at night, well, we only stayed in to watch one show and whilst I admire their enthusiasm, I have seen far better elsewhere, there is so much going on in alcudia, it would be a shame to stay in the hotel every night.
We only ate at the hotel once and the food is very nice, beer is very pricey though at 4 euros, you can get one for 1.65 down the road at oxygen bar ( a great bar ).
location of the viva sunrise is great, only a few minutes walk to anywhere.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definately reccomend.

cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We've just returned home from a week at the 'Viva Sunrise'.On the positive side its a very clean hotel with fantastic entertainment in the evenings for kids.Plenty of fun and games and every night a different show.Also i had requested a room away from the evenings entertainment because of our 18 month old daughter and they had given us a room which met our needs.Here's where the problem started.the first morning of our holidays we were woken at 5.20 am to the delivery truck right outside our window onto the footpath with the diesel engine running for 20 mins .When we mentioned this to the hotel staff i knew by her reaction it wasnt her 1st time hearing this complaint.That went on for our entire stay.We tried to recover our early morning start by going back for a sleep in the afternoon but the cleaners and their trolleys were up and down the corridors most of the day.There is also three recycle bins located on the road side of the hotel.These usually get emptied around midnight and because its glass bottles it can be very noisy.All in all it had a negative impact on our holiday because we were having to go to bed early each night because of the early morning wake up calls from the delivery men.We certainly wont be back to the 'Viva Sunrise'.

Llantrsiant, south wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Was really looking forward to this holiday when I booked it last year, we stayed opposite the viva in the sol de alcudia apartments and I used to look over and think that hotel looks fab and it was we went on august 14th for one week. My 8 and 6 year olds loved it, the pool is fantastic and the rooms were stunning we upgraded for a pool view which was 10.euros a night the room had also been refurbished I definatly recommend upgrading. We did not go all inc as we like eating out in different places but it did look good, its al waiter service. The only negative about the viva is that there is not many British people staying there so it is hard for the children to meet new friends as they usually do on past holidays. They still did interact with foreign children bit it was ltd obviously.we will definatly go back next year just waiting for the deals. As for Alcudia its still fab overall had a briliant holiday again.

• Stayed August 2012
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just got back from my stay at this hotel. The hotel is great and a very friendly atmosphere. The highlight for me was the entertainment team, especially Amanda and Daniel, who were brilliant throughout my whole stay. They were very friendly and sociable and made my stay fun. I am 15 and if it had not had been for these guys running sports and activity's all day, it would not have been half as fun as it was. My only criticism is that occasionally the activities had to be played with low numbers or even in one case, football had to be cancelled. This is out of the teams hands though and I have to credit them in how they changed the game slightly/ did a different activity to accommodate the low numbers. I wish them the best of luck in the future and would like to thank them again for there hard work and their friendliness. Next years team has a lot to live up to!
Facilities are excellent and well looked after, they have table tennis and putting with equipment to borrow and also a gym, multisports court, shooting and archery ranges and children's play area.
I would definitely return for another year at Viva Sunrise!

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The first time we stayed we included breakfast but my two daughters only ate cereal so this time we decided to do room only. There are a couple of spar shops within a very short distance from the hotel which are better priced than the one situated inside the hotel itself.
We found several places to eat on our first visit and they didn't let us down again this year (the salads at Woody Woodpeckers are fantastic).
The hotel is clean and tidy, the room is serviced most days and towels replaced, towels for pool use are available on request. The largest pool is not very deep and perfect for my six and eight year old, they spent more time in the water then out of it. You have to get up pretty early to get a nice sunbed next to the pool, these are monitored by the lifeguards and towels removed from empty sunbeds after 40 mins.
The food at the hotel is nice and the breakfast choice is fantastic but there are so many different eating establishments close by it's a shame to be tied down to one place.
The reception staff are great, very helpful and polite. The entertainment is great for both kids and adults, although it can get abit cheesy, but fun.
Finally go and see the Pirates show, it's well worth it, fantastic evening out.
We will be back again next year.

Room Tip: We always choose a room overlooking the stage so we can sit on the balcony and enjoy the entertainme...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Viva Sunrise? Share your experiences!