“Absolutely Faultless” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BelleVue Lagomonte

You added BelleVue Lagomonte to your Saves list
BelleVue Lagomonte
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Estany Petit 8, 07410 Port d'Alcudia, Alcudia, Majorca, Spain (Formerly Hotel Hotetur Lagomonte)   |
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Kent
“Absolutely Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Have recently returned from an AI week at the Lagomonte with my partner and 2 kids aged 11 and 10. How people on here can complain I do not know. The food was superb with plenty of choice. Some guests were saying the choice was limited, so god only knows what they eat at home!! The staff were always helpful and friendly, rooms always spotless as was the pool and surrounding areas.
The entertainment was always good fun, and the entertainment staff could always raise a smile. Hats off Teago and gang.
The main 'resort' area is a short walk away with a bus provided by the hotel for the beach. At the moment, beach activities are dear due to weak pound. Just a warning.
The weather was so good and hot, better than any other year I have been to Mallorca.
There was extra entertainment put on one evening with a visit by air from the airborne fire dept of Mallorca when one of the hills caught light. The kids loved watching helicopters fill up at the lake directly in front of the complex and sea planes flying over to douse the flames. Excellent to watch, and free as an all inclusive hotel lol!!
I would recommend this hotel and will return next year as it was a great package and thoroughly enjoyable.
There was one bad point, COMING HOME!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Notts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

We have just returned from a 3 night break at the hotel and loved every minute. The food and drinks were great, the san miguel was on self service in the restaurant and the island bar which was great. Location is 5-10 minutes walk to the main bars, the hotel entertainment was worth watching. We are 2 girls in our late 20's and found enough nightlife to keep us entertained. Sunday night in goodfellas, cheers and peachpit is good as the reps are out drinking so its really busy and bells was busy enough if you go in after 1am. It is a real family resort and if you are looking for a lively week then stick to palma nova or magaluf, if your happy for a couple of late nights and a relaxed break then this is the place to go.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
midlands uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

I have just returned from 10 days at this hotel,which in itself is ok but YES A BUT do not expect air con as it is pre-set to there temperture and the rooms get hot and sweaty regardless,the rooms are pretty standard did have an infestation of ants but was reported and sorted even if I did have to report it 3 times.I paid £1800 for 10 days all-inclusive so I guess I got what I paid for bog standard accomdation no pun.Now the food I guess it is down to personel choice but for us and a few others around it was just no-go of the 10 days they had pork on the menu atleast 8 days by pork I mean pork with prunes and pork with cherries ,one day my hopes were raisesed chicken yep still pink as it was a deep freid drumstick that had not been cooked properly,can you guess what was on the menu for lunch next day,Yep chicken curry How did it come I hear you say,in drumsticks with curry sauce over the top erm ok but no ta,how about the kids breakfast buffet spring rolls and chips anyone yes kids breakfast spring roll and chips I mean come on I am no snob but spring rolls and chips,I could go on all day but I guess you get my drift,WE ate out this can be done locally for 40 euros.Whoever is on there way to this hotel I am sorry but this is the tripe they serve up,the old town is very good for food at sensble prices.

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

I have just returned from this hotel, we stayed from 22nd August to 1st September. This is a really good family hotel but I thought the resort had more to offer for young people but it was really all aimed at families so at 23 and 26 we were a bit bored.

Reception

We were greeted by a friendly female at reception on arrival who told us where everything in the hotel was, the meal times and how to get to our room. Check in was quick and hassle free. The staff on reception were always really friendly and helpful, they also spoke very good English.

Room

The room was fine, had everything you needed. We had two single beds pushed together and bedside cabinets at each end. A sofa bed with a pull out bed underneath, a wardrobe, dressing table with mirror and unit with tv on it. The toom is a bit dated and could do with a refurb but obvisouly this would increase the price of the hotel. I can imagine it would be very cramped with 2 adults and 2 kids in the room. The TV in the room had the most English chanels in any hotel I've stayed at. It has BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, ITV, ITV2, Chanel 5, Sky News and Euro Sport.

Cleanliness

For a three star the hotel was as clean as four and five stars I've stayed in. The maids came in every day and changed our towels and bed sheets everyday, they were excellent. We did have a small problem with ants but don't let it put you off, it was my fault, just don't leave anything out. I am messy and left clothes lying around and there were a few ants on them but one night they were really attracted to an empty bag, there must have been tiny crumbs or something in the bag and they were coming through tiny holes in the wall all marching to this bag, it freaked me out, I don't mind a couple but not dozens and dozens. I went to reception and they sent someone up within 45 minutes who basically fumigated the place and we never saw an ant again in the room the whole holiday.

Most of the previous reviews said the food was really good, maybe I was expecting more because of this. I was a little disappointed but then again I am a fussy eater. The food was nice , it's basically standard three star all inclusive food. Some nights they have several things you like, other nights maybe only one thing you like. The food does get repetitive and boring but I only ate pork once and I didn't notice it on the menu a lot. A Saturday seems to be the best for dinner, the chef carves up meat and they also have a selection of cheeses and crackers. We ate out three times for lunch (due to being at the beach) and twice for dinner as we were bored and fancied a change. I would recommend the Luna Grill restaurant, the kebabs are to die for!

Location

About 10 minute walk to main strip and 20 minute to beach. The bus to beach is excellent always on time, only problem is sometimes so many people waiting to get on bus he has to come back as it only takes about 15 people. Beach is gorgeous, I hate beaches with a passion and my boyfriend always makes me go at least once and I normally moan all day about the sand and the sea but I loved this beach. The sand was beautiful and the sea was so clear, we ended up going several times. We got a picnic from the hotel once and it was ok but not to my liking, you get four mini baguettes, tin of tuna, crackers, cheeses, pate, water and fruit. Not sure if they change it from day to day.
The lake outside the hotel is not maintained in anyway and the water is green, there is a smell from it sometimes as you walk past but it's not a constant smell. It's not very safe as it has no barrier all the way round.

Alcudia

I knew the area was mainly for families but read on tripadvisor that there was plenty to do for young people. Well there's not. The bars are awful and the resort basically dies at midnight. The bars all stop playing music outside at midnight and they are full of 14-16 year olds. Belles disco was always dead. I wasn't looking for a mad party resort but somewhere that plays good music with a lively atmosphere. I knew Linekars bar was in the resort, it too was dead!

Entertainment

It was actually better than I expected. They has a few signers in and hypnotist and had Grease and Abba nights. There were activites throughout the day for children and some for adults. Some nights we couldn't get a table outside to watch the entertainment which was annoying.

Pools and Island

The pool is an ok size but it is too small for the size of this hotel. It is constantly full of kids splashing, jumping in and going around on inflatables, swimming is nearly impossible. The Island pool is very small and quite shallow, it was mainly families with young children around this pool due this point and I saw about 30 kids in it at one point in the day! If you wanted a sunbed when I was there you had to be at the pool before 9am and it was caos. Within 5 minutes of them being unlocked they were all gone everyday. People quite often started hanging around from about 8.30am and sometimes the guy unlocked them at 8.50am which meant a few times we weren't able to get them as I wasn't down on time, then people would start queing at 9.30am to get a bed on the island. Island snack bar is great if you can't be bothered going to lunch or just fancy a quick snack inbetween meals.

Kids

I've never been to a hotel with soooo many kids. Most younger children were fine apart from a few that were just brats who's aprents probably got drunk all day and night. There was a large group of teenagers hanging around and some of the parents were giving them alcohol, not all of them but some. They were unsupervised all evening and were loud and rude. I also never stayed at a hotel where noise in the morning was a problem, there is no chance of sleeping past 9am, I was woken most mornings about 8.30am with screaming children running up and down the corridor and banging on their room door.

I would recommend this hotel outside school holidays or inside school holidays if you have kids. All inclusive is great value for money, especially as prices to eat out are about the same as here or sometimes more.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Just back from a weeks stay here and it was good. Rooms are cleaned everyday, food and drink served all day, friendly staff. For what we paid to stay here it is great value for money.
The hotel is about 15-20 mins away from the beach if you walk and you pass the shops as you do, or theres a bus.
This hotel is absolutly fine so dont listen to the other reviews!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

well. this was a good hotel with friendly staff. great entertainment. food was nice but alot of pork. pool was small but it was a quiet hotel anyway, but beware, after lunch everyone jumps in the pool to cool down, so it does get a bit squashy. overall a great hotel, but we would not return because spain is very expensive. had an enjoyable time, after the transfer from club chav mac. we did stay at the lagamonte 6years ago it has changed, but thats just the economy for you.(:

Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

got moved to this hotel after complaining and was very impresed. Rooms were a good size and very clean. food was good and there was always something to eat.Entertainment was excellent and 8 yr old daughter loved the kids club. brill for family holidays and enough off the beaten track to be peaceful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to BelleVue Lagomonte? Share your experiences!