I have just gotten back from a 11 night stay at the Aucanada Apartments with my partner & two year old son & 4 other adults & 4 children under 3 years old & im afraid i wont be returning again in a hurry. I have to say the staff are friendly & the food was ok for what they had on the menu. What turned me off the most was the fact that on day 5 i had to ask the manager can i have my sheets changed & could the pool area be tidied. That day our sheets were changed & the pool bins (only) were emptied.The ground around the pool wasn't cleaned in the 11 days and either was the pool. The pool was very dirty. I knew that there was no air con when i booked to stay here & didnt think it would bother us but in July/Aug you definitely need Air Con. There is a spar right next door which was great & had most things that you would need, yes it was a little bit more expensive than the shops in Port d'Alcudia but this was the only shop near by. We got a taxi to Lidl which was 15mins in a taxi as we were self catering. The taxis are cheap 5-6 euro into the Port.There is a small beach 3mins walk away but you need to get down there at 9am like we did to get a spot, it gets full up with beds from the near by Hotel President.
I also knew there was abit of a walk into Port d'Alcudia but the walk was more than a little. it took us around 30-35 mins walk which wasn't a nice walk at all as in some places the path was missing and we had to walk on the road (with a buggy) which was dangerous. I don't mind walking on holidays in fact i love a nice walk but this wasnt nice at all. So we decided to get taxis every night. There wasn't much entertainment in the Apartments so we didn't stay here for long at night just one or two drinks. This hotel is very under staffed & you would be waiting awhile to get your food or even a drink.
Im afraid to say Port d'Alcudia didnt live up to my expectations at all, there was nothing really for the kids apart from the kids amusement rides on the beach front & a play ground. The beach in Port d'Alcudia is very nice & clean & the restaurants along the beach was ideal for a drink or a meal & the kids were able to play in the sand right beside our table.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Aucanada Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Apartamentos Aucanada Hotel
- Apartaments Aucanada Majorca, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartamentos Aucanada 45 apartments available, 12 have two bedrooms, 30 one-bedroom and 3 studios. The one-bedroom apartments are in the main building and most have sea views, two-bedroom apartments are in annexes buildings all with pool views. All apartments have kitchen with electric cooker, fridge, kettle and kitchen utensils, bathroom, fan and terrace. In addition, two bedroom apartments have air conditioning and heating. Cleaning apartment and change towels every other day, linen change twice a week. Toasters and other items available upon request and with charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Apartaments Aucanada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.