We spent the last 2 weeks of December and the 1st of January. It was VERY quiet. Not only the resort but also the city. Alcudia is a small town but it has everything you need. Even a big supermarket (Mercadona) with very cheap prices compared to Toronto (I'd say about 40% cheaper) but the quality of the products is excellent.
The location of the resort is perfect and the unit not only spacious but very well equipped with stove (without oven),fridge and washer (no dryer).
The guys of the reception are very kind and helpful. If you need Internet, it will cost you 15 p/week with unlimited use and you'll have access from your unit in most of the cases (depending if you are close to the anthena).
Although it sound obvious, you will need a car, particularly if you go out of season.
Practical tip: if I talk about this is because I experienced the same problem in three resorts of this kind in Europe (2 more in Spain and one in Italy). As soon as you open the door, go to the electrical pannel and put all the breakers ON. Most of the times,when the unit was not occupied for a week or two, they disconnect the switches that give power to heating and hot water tank in order to save energy. If you do not do that as soon as you get there, probably you won't have hot water to take a shower after a long trip or flight. In our case, we had to wait until the next day because the hot water tank took more than five hours to heat it. Then, it was ALWAYS OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ona Aucanada are the ideal apartments for your holiday rentals in Mallorca, (Alcudia), about 56 km from the city of Palma, and has all the necessary facilities and services to ensure a fantastic holiday in Majorca. The resort offers an ideal space either to enjoy holidays or just for a short trip: 3 swimming pools, gym, snack service with terrace, restaurant, parking, fantastic area of garden and the brand new SPA AUCANADA. Apartments are fully equipped for your commodity: totally equipped kitchen with fridge, microwave and cooking utensils; iron and ironing board, washing machine, Satellite TV and balcony. All you need to enjoy an unforgettable days. Aparments have 2 double rooms, bathroom and living room. The complex lies on a hillside, and has wonderful views over the bay of Alcudia, just 100 metres away from the complex, you can enjoy peace and calm of private coves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ona Aucanada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aucanada Club Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Ona Aucanada Majorca, Spain