“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Portosol

Hotel Portosol
You added Hotel Portosol to your Saves list
Hotel Portosol
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/Carrettera Cuevas del Drach .s.n, 07680 Porto Cristo, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Porto Cristo
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I booked this holiday thru Teletext, All I wanted was a cheap and cheerful week away with my mom and 2 kids. I was told it had air conditioning, kids activities, nighttime entertainment ect. We got their late at night to find their was no portosol, its actually Monte Verde and Santa Maria, We checked in easy enough and went to our room,this was basic and clean but no air con, I went to reception to ask and was told air con was caput but we could have a fan for 5 euros. I did this as my mom is asthmatic. We didn't spend too much time at the hotel but when we did we found the food basic, not the best but edible, you could always pick at something and if we wasn't thelr at lunch we would ask maria at the bar to do us a ham and cheese sandwich around 3ish. We never had an issue with getting drinks, we did notice that some were asking for 6 drinks a time,for them and partners, they were told no but to be honest it was just greedy ness. Their wasn't any entertainment just a guy with a laptop and music blasting out. My kids loved the pool, it wasn't the cleanest but it was big,they also enjoyed the games room if we were their of a night.we found the staff great, treat them how you want treating and they were lovely. Their was alot of moaning from guests about the rooms,food,drinks the staff sect but we really didn't have a issue. If you want 5* then don't book this hotel. It is in a good location to get into town and the bus routes to see the island. They really could do a lot with this hotel if they spent some money on it . If you are aftera basic hotel with a bed then book it but it you are after a great updated hotel with family entertainment, great food ect then pay the extra and go elsewhere as you really do get what you pay for .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Drogheda, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

An absolute dump of a place. When i arrived at the hotel Santa Maria, I was told by a cleaner (the only member of staff there) to check in at the hotel next door (Monte Verde). So off I went only to find an abrupt and rude receptionist who began shouting at me in spanish as I attempted to check in with him. Then another member of staff came along and the two of them proceeded to have a shouting match behind the reception desk. Meanwhile, I'm still standing waiting to check in. It turned out that they had not got any rooms available, even though I had booked! After about half an hour the rude guy went off to clean a room and then came back to inform me that I was "lucky". I went to my room and found it to be a sweat pit, with no working air conditioning and a grubby bathroom with a broken toilet seat. I went to the bar and was told that although I was all inclusive, I was only allowed to have one drink and any more drinks, I would have to pay for. I had one. The next morning I went for a walk on the beach and found the town to be lovely, but on my return to the hotel room, a new receptionist arrived and asked me to come to reception as there was a problem with my room. Thinking that I was being moved to a more habitable room, I was informed that there was a problem with my booking and that I would have to "leave the hotel now". There was a couple at reception and he pointed me out to them and told them that I was in "their room" and then told me to go and pack and they would find a solution then. I did so and on my return to the reception desk was given a phone number of the booking agent (Urbis) and handed a phone . I rang the number and spoke with a lovely lady called Claire, who then asked to speak with the manager. I handed the phone to the manager and he proceeded to shout down the phone in spanish at the lady - I had no idea what was being said and when the phone conversation was finished he simply hung up and continued dealing with the several other people at the reception desk (all were complaining about one thing or another). After a few minutes he turned to me and said that the booking agent will find you a new hotel and will ring back. After about half an hour, she did call back and told me that the hotel were behaving disgustingly and that the booking agents corporate director was on his way to deal with them. The only hotel they could find for me was a 4 star (Hotel Flamboyan Caribe) hotel in Magaluf. I had to get a taxi (€95). I was never so happy to be leaving a hotel in my whole life. It was an absolute nightmare from rowdy start to rowdy finish. Thankfully, the booking agent was on hand to find a solution and I am currently sitting in my lovely hotel in Magaluf. Never EVER stay at the Santa Maria Hotel or the Hotel Monte Verde (they are two buildings next door to each other, but one in the same hotel). Absolute dump.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just back after spending a week in this place never have I been so disappointed we had a room in the Santa Maria which wasn't bad but the shower was hard to handle so floor got wet slippery not many towels and no air-con room was like an oven , food was not great some was reheated from lunch to dinner and lots of drunks round the pool which needed well cleaned girl floating on lilo at night asleep until kids wakened her very dangerous it should be closed off accident waiting to happen.Checkout time 12o'clock they came took our sheets an towels at 10:30am we were promised a room for showering at 6o'clock but when we went they said full up sent us down to the shower downstairs which was a flithy hell hole the Moneverde hotel was the pitts and the staff were running round like headless chickens.Maria was the only one who had time for the guests.I definitley would not recomend either hotels to anyone and don't think we got our monies worth glad it was only a week

Room Tip: rooms in Santa Maria at front if you have to go
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Although the area is quite nice the hotel realy let's the side down for the Spanish. We stayed 7 days & going home couldnt come quick enough just to get out of this place. Food was atrocious I couldn't eat it & im not normaly a fussy person although I had to force my self so not to keep feeling sick from hunger all I can say is pig swill would b better never eat so much fried greasy food & everything was drenched in oil or fat, so ended up not being able to eat sometimes for a whole day at times making me ill to extent had spend a whole day in bed, so had to go out & eat every time which cost a fortune but yet payed all inclusive. Bed sheets don't get changed & if they take towels they very rarely replace, on one occasion they even tried saying they did replace when didn't so more or less accusing us of stealing towels, I was ill in bed all that day & no one came & replaced like said we had to go get ourselves. No childrens club like stated along with the 3 restaurants there only one. Meant to be 2 swimming pools but the indoor one is derelict & Never Been used its like a refuge site down there. Lots of stagnant dirty water around attracting loads of moskeetos resulting in me being bitten 51 times at last count most of people getting same you end up looking like you just came from a flee pit. Tv only has 2 channels in English all rest Spanish & have to pay 5€ deposit. WiFi costs 20€ for 7 days but connection is load of rubbish. No air conditioning have pay 5€ for a fan that don't really do a lot cause rooms are like an oven sometimes can't breathe were so hot & stuffy making me ill yet again & can't open French windows cause of moskeetos. The snacks In between meals are nearly none existant just a few dried up ham sandwiches & rest of peeps & children have to starve as never enough to go round every one. The all inclusive drinks are limited to just 1 at a time per person no getting for other members of family you have to all queue up individually & get your own drink even children & as far as im concerned children shouldnt be going to bars to get served especially very young ones. When you get drink they're served up in little plastic cups that were'nt even half a pint then they ran out of those cups so started collecting used ones 2 wash & reuse sometimes geting a cup that some one else has chewed isn't exactly nice & when those ran out got even smaller cups that had about 3 sips in. No hot water to have wash or shower. If you tell staff there's a problem with anything they always say that popular saying tomorrow,
Witch Never comes just to shut you up & get rid of you most staff are abrupt & very rude & miserable but then again U would be miserable working under the conditions they do. Very understaffed very poor. to be avoided like the plague THE HOLIDAY FROM HELL & THEN SOME.........

• Stayed August 2013
Reading, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

me n my sister have returned 2day from a week in this hotel it was the pitts. no air con,
were told 2 go buy a fan, drinks were 1 per person so u cldnt get drunk, we had 2 set alarm as never any sun loungers people were on the floor.no entertainment just load music, I had 1 warm shower in a week even going up early was always cold, food was disgusting same lunch n dinner I only had breakfast as 1st day was poorly so ended up using all our money eating out, there were fights n just alot of horrible intimidating people there n just a few nice.it was like jeremy kyle rough rude ppl its the only time I have every wanted 2 leave everyday was a nitemare only good thing was the weather..I wldnt even rate this hotel with a 1 star oh no spa or gym either

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was initially expecting it to be a dump from the previous reviews, however, for what we paid we thought it was very good, The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were cleaned daily. As the Hotel caters for many euro countries, the food on the whole was good. The hoteliers look as if they are trying to improve the place and all rooms had brand new flat screen tv' installed during our stay. There is a fair sized pool, tennis courts, crazy golf and table tennis. The walk into Porto Cristo harbour/beach is about ten minutes and for 2 50 -odd year olds did not find it taxing at all. There is a bus stop right outside with a good regular service. Looking forward to returning. It can be a little noisy at night due to people coming & going, however, we always take ear plugs!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
coleraine northern ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

previous reviews scared me off.arrived afternoon and knew the portosol was santa maria and to go to reception in monteverde only because of previous reviews otherwise would have thought we had been set down at wrong hotel.put into monteverde hotel though booked for portosol.pleasant suprise given an apartment with 3 rooms clean and spacious and cleaned every day of stay by a lovely pleasant helpful girl,.was meant to be number 300 but had privado on door only found because the cleaner showed us.definately not enough sunbeds and towels were put on from night before by some cheeky sods..no cerial or tea in morn so take teabags if you want a cuppa though have tasted worse coffee.dinner was at least eatable and we never left hungry .we were half board but did hear complaints about all inclusive drinks.staff all did their best and were helpful.in all we had a decent holiday after all it was 2/3 star not 5

Room Tip: ask for 300 in monteverde
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Portosol? Share your experiences!