“Avoid if you can” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Peguera B&B and Inns
Barcelona, Spain
“Avoid if you can”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

You get what you pay for. We booked this hotel since we stayed with a larger group of friends that was attending a wedding. The price was ridiculously low (50€ per couple incl. breakfast), but don´t expect anything for it....except a 30 yr. old bed and outdated furniture.

The hotel itself is very close to the beach and the main avenue, so at least there are many options around to stay away from your hotel room.
What bothered me is that the hotel lists itself as having A/C, TV and a safety box. As soon as we got to our room (which hasn´t been renewed for 30 yrs.) I started desperately searching for the A/C remote. I call reception and I was told I had to pay extra 15€ per week. "OK, we´ll take it, please bring it up". Answer was: "No, you have to come down and get it yourself".

The beds are super uncomfortable: very short and narrow, and the pillows are super-flat. The bathroom is "OK", clean but small.
Breakfast is a joke, offering only sugar-concentrated orange juice, bad coffee and bit of bread with marmelade. The single waiter is an old guy that continually critizices foreign hotel guests.
The other staff (manager and reception) were nice and polite.

Even though it was already paid for, we only had breakfast once there, and found much better places along the promenade. The pool is small and cramped, we never used it since the beach is only 20 meters away and is much nicer.

In summary.... if you are in a very tight budget this hotel might work for you, but don´t expect anything special.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

My husband and I walked into the open bar / lobby to check out the hotel and inquire about rates & availability. (Keep in mind that all of the doors to the place were wide open, seemingly inviting...)

As we entered the dated dining room, a man (presumably the owner) started shouting at us in German. I replied to him with shock by saying, "I don't understand."
His response: "English? Get out! Nevermind!"

We were dumbfounded and of course immediately headed for the exit past a few folks chatting with a woman behind the reception desk (whom I smiled at moments earlier for approval before looking around).

I have never been treated so badly and in such a seemingly racist demeanor.

Beware of this place & the nasty staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Gaya? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Gaya

Address: C/ Niza, s/n, 07160 Peguera, Calvia, Majorca, Spain
Location: Spain > Balearic Islands > Majorca > Calvia > Peguera
Bar / Lounge Beach Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #5 of 8 B&Bs / Inns in Peguera
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Gaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Gaya Majorca/Peguera, Spain

If you own or manage Hotel Gaya, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.