“Excellent meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Went there for a 65th birthday meal. Food and service superb. Four of us had four different kind of steak, all were cooked as we had requested, perfect. Only gripe not much choice of desserts.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ramsey, United Kingdom
“Need to go on a customer service course”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

On our last night in Palma Nova my son and his gf took us here for dinner. The menu is varied but to keep price down for them we chose the specials menu (3 courses for 14.95) The waiter said to my husband it was ok to have the lasagna instead of the sirloin steak so we were happy. I had ordered the salad and my husband the french onion soup to start but they brought two soups instead as I didn't want to hold up dinner I took the soup. Soup wasn't great but anyway mains arrived everything was fine but when we got to the pudding round we were only served one. He said we only ordered one menu. I didn't start to argue at this stage as the kids were still eating but when the bill came one of our meals was priced ala carte and worked out more expensive than the menu and it was minus a third course. When I queried this with the manager he went nuts. He basically called us liars. I said we all heard the waiter state that it was ok to have the lasagna on the specials menu otherwise my husband would have stuck with the steak. I asked him what were we really arguing about? Wouldn't you assume sirloin would be more costly than pasta? He just yelled they never change or exchange anything on the specials menus. I mentioned I would be writing a review and I asked didn't he need the customers he just carried on shouting abuse at us as other diners stared in amazement. The bottom line is....the owner/manager is a strange volatile man. The food is ok but who needs the agro? BTW my husband is blind so we have to read the menu out to him so it wasn't like we just made it all up. I suggest trying other restaurants in the area than giving this man the business.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“food ok shame about the manager/owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Have eaten here on our previous visits to Palma Nova and have enjoyed the food. When we visited this time we enjoyed our meals but not the manager's/ owners attitude to customers, he was shouting and swearing infront of everyone including families with children , and had to be restrained by his staff. Won't be returning there, shame as the food is good and reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“RAW FOOD!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have never written a bad review before but i have never eaten in a place like this in my entire life.
I just wanted to warn people that they serve raw food.
I ordered a chicken on a skewer dish and when it came it was raw in the middle when i told a waiter they came over one by one asking did i want it taken back to be fixed ??? no one could eat dinner after that so i asked for the bill the waitress asked why and when i told her my food was raw she asked if the manager had spoken to us i said no so she went to get him, the bill came over right away 50 euro minus the chicken dish......
the manager never came over and because my grandchildren were with us we paid and left.
I just wonder how many people have ate here and been ill afterwards.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“GREAT FOOD GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

cant fault this place all the food was great from pizza ,steak , curry's all cook to perfection - we ate hear 4 times and every time was excellent - food and service .

Visited July 2012