“We enjoyed our stay at the Santa Lucia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Lucia Hotel

Save Saved
You added Santa Lucia Hotel to your Saves list
Santa Lucia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle de Duc Estremera 6, 07180 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #12 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
UK
“We enjoyed our stay at the Santa Lucia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Our holiday was from 27 September to 07 October. Our third stay after a number of years away.
The hotel was very clean and the staff welcoming. Check in was as always quick and efficient.
The room was adequate for our needs (two able bodied pensioners) it was clean fresh and comfortable.
The bathroom was well appointed how pleasing to have a couple of grab handles well placed for entering the bath/shower and no slipping in the bath.
Comments have been made in previous reports about miserable staff, we did not see any evidence of this, we were always treated to great responses a cheery word or big smile, if they are treated as humans and not slaves they will react accordingly.
Regarding the food on offer, I can only report as I find and that is the variety and choices was outstanding, I often wonder what the people who constantly moan have each day of the week for their meals, and how much do they pay?
Whilst we all tend to see the interior of the hotel and make comments as appropriate we tend to overlook the grounds of the hotel, at the Santa Lucia I did not see any rubbish littering the outside area, on numerous occasions I saw the ground staff clearing up cigarette ends off the road carelessly thrown by inconsiderate smokers.
Details like this tend to make a good Hotel a much better hotel in my opinion.
To all the staff at the Santa Lucia thank you for making our stay a very good one.

966 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Polish first
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed in the Santa Lucia with my husband we had a 10 night holiday. Our room was on the 7th floor which was very clean and had a lovely view from the balcony. The lifts could be busy so if your mobility isn't good its worth asking for a lower floor. The food was very good and the staff in the restaurant were friendly. I did here people complaining about the food but I thought there was plenty of choice and the quality was as good as anything I've had in Spanish hotels.. The only complaint was the dining room was crowded and we purposely avoided busy times. It was hard to find a table not in use. However, after a couple of days this settled down and we were taken to a table so it was resolved. We were half board so went out and about during the day, however we noticed the pool area appeared crowded because a lot of guests were all inclusive so stayed in the hotel all day. I don't think the hotel is really set up for this. The entertainment at night was good for a spanish hotel and the entertainment team appeared to work very hard. However, we sat outside in the pool area because my husband smokes. It was very pleasant and. we socialised with other guests sat outside and had very enjoyable evenings. In the main the staff were friendly in the restaurant and the cleaners were helpful. Reception staff was variable but to be fair some guests were very rude so its no wonder they get fed up. That said, the bar staff were rude and unhelpful. In the middle of the afternoon we called in to the pool side bar to get a quick coffee, we queued up for a while behind guests who were all inclusive before we could get served. When my husband paid for the drinks the bar man put his change on a saucer but on this occasion we didn't leave a tip. The bar man was extremely rude and threw the saucer down so hard it smashed. We understood it must be frustrating if most guests are all inclusive they must be losing money on tips but this was unacceptable. We weren't waited on and we only bought one drink.

Also last orders were at 12pm, at 12.05pm the lights were turned out outside and guests sat there were shunted inside without the opportunity to drink up. You were forced into the residents bar but if my husband wanted a smoke he would have to stand outside at the front of the hotel. I couldn't see any reason why guests couldn't stay where they were, if it was to clean up there was plenty of time before 8am when the guests came down. I've never experienced this in a Spanish hotel before. The staff were rude about it.

We didn't sit round the pool during the day but we heard about guests queuing from 7.30am to put a towel out. There are lovely beaches on either side of the hotel and the hotel is in a very good location in the resort.

If anything stops us going back to the hotel it is the issue about having nowhere pleasant to sit,outside to have a drink and a smoke if you wish after 12pm. I don't think we were the only guests who felt this way. Even if you don't smoke if its warm inside or you don't want to sit through the entertainment there should be somewhere to go where you can mix with other guests. The residents bar was air conditioned but very cold. I think the bar staff wanted everyone to go to bed!.

The last thing I need to point out is that on the morning of departure we were leaving very early, the cleaners blocked off the entrance to the toilets in reception so guests leaving the hotel couldn't use them. I was OK but there were a lot of older people that wanted to use the loo before they left for the airport. I thought this was unhelpful and unnecessary.

Room Tip: If your mobility is bad ask for a lower floor. The lifts get very busy and there can be queues. They...
Charing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We were on floor 7 travelling with our 8 year old daughter after the schools had gone back-the room with 3 beds in was very small but we coped. Could not get a sunbed by the pool once in our fortnight stay as they get up at the crack of dawn to get their loungers 6.30-7am!!Mind you this did not bother us as we used the beach either side of the hotel which was gorgeous. Indoor pool was freezing! Nice sauna and steam room though.When we were there about 3 children in the whole hotel, though we did take our daughter out of school.The views were fantastic, the location fabulous, rooms very clean and we found the staff to be very pleasant, Daniel in the restaurent was a lovely character!We went all inclusive and found it to be worth every penny, at 4pm they would bring out huge gateaus and cakes that were lovely. We have stayed in many hotels in Palma Nova and Magalluf and can honestly say the food at the Santa Lucia was the best that we have experienced, there was lots of choice and it was always hot and my daughter loved the food too. With all inclusive you can have beer and wine with your meals at night. We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again, it ticked all the right boxes!

Room Tip: We think floor eight had slightly more room and a larger balcony, we were on floor 7 just below and...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
teesside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

i recently stayed at the santa lucia from 29th sept -6th oct, after spending a week on the med cruise on the destiny. the transfer from the harbour took about 20 minutes, and we were 1st drop off. the hotel couldnt have been in a better location!! just steps away from the beach and in the centre of palma nova. ideal for anyone with mobility difficulties. after reading previous reviews, i was very pleased with my room no 637. it had 2 single beds, drawers, sliding wardrobes, balcony, and bathroom with wc, bath, shower sink unit. there is a door between the door to the corridor and the beds, so this made the rooms very quiet!! not that it was a noisy hotel to begin with as most of the guests when i was there were a lot lot older than me. im 36 and my mam 58. we hired a safe for 35 euros for the week and you get 10 back on return of the key. there is a shop that is british owned in the hotel that rents out items, ( kettles, irons, bathing aids lilo's etc). you can also use the internet. 1 euro for 12 mins or 2 euros for 30 mins. the reception staff booked us in very quickly and after unpacking we went for lunch. pretty much what you get in most all inclusive hotels. salads, cold meats, hot choices of meals. i found the breakfast and lunches better than the evening meals, which at times, i found bland, overcooked and a lot of processed foods or frozen veg. but i was only there a week and always found something i liked. as we didnt arrive till noon on 29th sept, all the sunbeds were taken and we couldnt get one at all that day. as im an early riser, i was able for the rest of the week to go down just before 8am and always managed to get two beds. some people were saving a lot of beds for their groups but did occupy them for the day so fair enough. occasionally people reserved beds and then went out for the day!! there are signs up saying after an hour, another guest can remove yr towel and have the bed, but i didnt witness this happening. i can only imagine that in high season, the sunbed situation will be worse. i think the hotel should take the roof off the indoor pool and make this a larger outdoor sun area, as i think this would be more popular and would resolve the bed situation. in the week i was there, the indoor pool was hardly used. ther is also a jacuzzi and sauna. if you cant get a bed, the beach is literally steps away from the hotel and the sea was far warmer than the pool anyway. i am aware that other reviewers stated the rudeness of the staff- in my whloe week i nver encountered this from anyone!! however one night i chose to pay for drinks and i found the same bar staff more friendlier than they had been when they had served me from the all inclusive section!!! so being all inclusive or prepaid as i like to call it does have its downsides!! the hotel entertainment team were craig and sonja, who did activities during the day and each night there was a quiz and a bingo followed by jackpot 12 game. then at 10pm the show would start, we had elvis, the jacksons and boogie nights among others while i was there along with a british act miss gee carmichael who was quite good. we won the bingo and the jackpot while we were there and two quizzes, netting ourselves 315 euros and 4 bottles wine!! so quite a profitable hol for us. i think i would go back to the hotel again if the issue with the food was addressed. i couldnt fault the hotel otherwise. i have been as honest as possible with this review, and i apprecaite that this hotel wont be for everyone! a lot of people we spoke to had been there many times, so the hotel must be doing something right. thomsons have got this as a 4 star hotel, i have stayed in other 4 stars before and would at the time of my stay at the santa lucia only rate this as a 3 star.

Room Tip: ask for a high room. all rooms at hotel have sea views. good size rooms if two staying, but expect t...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
stevenage herts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed here with two of my friends we are 48 52 54 we had a great time even though we were out numbered by the older guests 65 plus all of which were very friendly but they did beat us to the sun beds every morning( and we say the germans are bad) we had room number 119 1st floor it was ok but didnt have a bath just a step in shower and very little shelf space for shampoo and things but enough space to keep our lilos in,it was a room for wheelchairs users so even though we had three beds n the room it wasnt too cramped,but the main reason i am writting this review is to say( DO NOT DO THE FREE BLANKET TRIP) unless you are so bored and wont to sit and listen to a two hour sales pitch trying to flog you a mattress and blanket and pillows for your bed costing £1400,oh they do throw in a free drink and cake it was a compleat rip off and they prayed on vunable old people,with back problems and aches and pains we did get up and walk out after a hour and half but you are right out in the counry side and there is only fields around so we did have to wait for it all to end outside but did enjoy the lovely sunshine we thought it was shamfull of thomsons to even been part of it, they must get payed for the amount of people they take there thats all we can think, the guide that was taking us on the coach trip did give us a very good guide to the land marks on route and we stopped off at a small shopping centre on our way back but it took up over 5hours of our hoilday which we could of done without so please remmber the saying you get nothing for free,there is always going to be a catch.

Room Tip: try to request swimming pool facing rooms because you do get the sun all day
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
FILEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Well....I have just got back from a weeks holiday at the Santa Lucia and I was extremely impressed! After reading a lot of the comments on here prior to going, I was a bit concerned I'll admit, but once we were there no problems at all. The room was spotlessly clean, the food was fantastic (enough choice for everybody, including picky eaters) and the staff were very friendly. If you are daft enough to get up at five in the morning to queue for a sunbed, well thats up to you, there are gorgeous beaches within a one minute walk either side of the hotel. If you are wanting a fast moving, action packed loud hotel (the average age of the guests is about 75) this is probably not the one for you. We liked it so much we are booking again for next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
east yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This was our second stay at the santa lucia and we were not disappointed. My husband and I stayed on the 4th floor this year and was facing magaluf and the views from our room were wonderful. Every morning there was a beautiful sunset, my husband loved watching and counting how many planes flew over, but we never heard a sound. The food was again excellent.The resturant staff work hard keeping us all fed . I must say though that some of the guests are very rude to the resturant staff. Just because you are on holiday does,nt mean that you leave your manners at home, and the guests that moaned about everything ( yes you know who you are!. ) You are on holiday! relax and chill don,t get stressed about a toaster or that the bacon tray needs refilling and you certainly don,t have to be up at 6.00am to do the pool run although 7.15 I do agree with.

The entertainment in the hotel is very good we had an unfortunate rainy day, but craig was there to save the day will quizzes, bowling on the wii and shuffle board. There were activities everynite and the acts were very good. We were all inclusive, or or pre-paid as I like to call it, so obviously the drinks were free, if you take this option try the cocktails at the all inclusive bar there yummy.

You may think that from other reviews I am been extremely generous to the hotel with the excellent comments that I have made about this hotel, well my husband is in a wheelchair and we are only in our 40,s so I class my self as been still young, everything about this hotel is fab, the pool the cleanliness of the rooms, the staff, the location, the entertainment team, the bar staff, and the lovely people we meet. To the cruise and stay people don,t moan about the hotel just cruise for two weeks.

Room Tip: all sea views so take your pick
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Santa Lucia Hotel? Share your experiences!