I stayed at this hotel at the start of September with my wife and two boys aged 18 and 20. The main reason for choosing this area was so they could head into Magaluf each night. Its about a 15 minute walk to the strip.
Overall the hotel was good value for money with us paying about £300 each for the hotel all inclusive.
The staff at the hotel are first class. The reception desk staff were very friendly, helpful and always willing to answer even the most minor of queries. The manager is also very good. He dealt very quickly and robustly with a couple of fools who thought it was a bright idea to smoke cannabis round the pool at 4 in the afternoon. Don't let that put you off the hotel at all. It was a solitary incident and dealt with straight away.
The animation team are a real asset to the hotel. Douzie is the ultimate professional. He manages his team well, has a great personality and the ability to make everyone feel welcome. The rest of the team, Deborah, Leticia and Leo are fantastic as well. All very friendly and full of energy. Unlike other hotels they have the ability to get people involved in the activities but not being too pushy or patronising. They were all by far the best animation team I have ever seen. They are on the go all the time.
The rooms are fine. Clean and tidy. May be slightly dated but this is only a 3* hotel. Our room had double bed and a sofa bed, bathroom with sink, toilet, bidet, bath/shower and small fridge. Also had a nice balcony over looking the pool area.
The food is adequate. We are not fussy eaters at all but it is a bit bland and the meat was of a dubious quality. However they did a Spanish night and there was a huge range of tapas along with the normal food. I have stayed at a lot of 3* all inclusive's and sadly would rank the food at the bottom of my list.
A great idea is the self service bar. A great selection of spirits and mixers along with Esterella beer, red, white and rose wine. Don't miss the Cava on tap near the freezers. There were no problems at all and no waiting. Even at the end of the night there wasn't a mad rush. On the wall near the spirits are recipes for cocktails. One tip would be to take your own plastic cup for round the pool. The ones they supply are small and it saves going back and forth to the bar. .
The beach is about a 5 minute walk away. Very clean and has a lifeguard.
If you want free wifi it is available on the beach area. No access code is required. It was a bit intermittent but did the job. I was also able to get free wifi from one of the hotels that backed onto the beach. Between those two you should be fine. Wifi at the hotel was expensive.
If you hire a car, there is plenty of parking in the road outside the hotel or parking bays about 100m up the road from it.
If you need bottled water and other provisions I would suggest coming out the hotel and turning right. There is an Eroski supermarket about a 5 minute walk away. Very good prices. There is a small shop that sells all sorts if you turn left out the hotel towards the beach, however it is expensive, with water being twice the price of the supermarket.
All in all a good value for money hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Club Panama Hotel
- Ola Club Panama Hotel Palma Nova
- Ola Hotel Palma Nova
- Ola Hotel Panama
- Ola Club Panama Palmanova, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ola Club Panama is an All Inclusive hotel, located in Palmanova, not faraway from a beautiful Beach, where you can rest by the sea and play nautical sports..Palmanova is a tourist resort with lots of leisure facilities, like a water park, the dolphins show at Marineland, tennis clubs, go-carting and much more. At night, a wide choice of restaurants, shops, bars and discos let you to enjoy a lively atmosphere ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Olotels, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Ola Club Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.