“Great time had by all.” 3 of 5 stars

Ola Club Panama
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cl Paris 4, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Dublin
“Great time had by all.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family stayed here for 10 days and came home on 08th Aug. There was 6 adults and 2 children aged 7 and 2. We are from Ireland. We had a fantastic time. From meeting Angela at reception when we arrived who couldnt do enough for us to the entertainment team who always had a smile on their faces and a hello for everyone. Even the night porter we found to be really helpful and polite. There are quite a few steps into this hotel and also around the pool area. My father was on crutches as he had a broken leg but he managed fine. It stated in all the reviews before we went that there were quite alot of steps so these were no suprise to us or my father when we got there. I also had a pram and managed to get around ok. I agree there are a lot of French who are quite rude. They almost make you feel like you are intruding on their holiday. We just ignored them. Its the easiest way to do it. The Entertainment team were very good my 7 year old daughter was never left out of anything and she thoroughly enjoyed the night time entertainment especially the snakes!! The hotel manager was really helpful and gave the impression that if there was anything he could do to help he would. The food was quite enjoyable and quite tasty although by the time we were going home we were all a little bored of the selections available. The self service bar was a fantastic idea and no-one seemed to take advantage. All in all we really had a great holiday and would consider returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
olahotels, Quality department at Ola Club Panama, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your opinion.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
We will pass on your special mention to the hotel director, Angela, the entertainment team and the night porter to motivate them to keep giving excellent customer service to future guests.
We hope to welcome you back next year in our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed for a week in this hotel, 9 of us in total including 6 adults, 2 children (age 5 and 15 months) and a teenager. I have to say this is the worst hotel I have stayed in having stayed in numerous hotels in Palma Nova including the nearby Don Bigote and Bermudas.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a less than friendly receptionist and asked to pay a 10 euro deposit for the air conditioning unit which was fair enough. It was then explained that the air conditioning would be available between the hours of 2pm and 7pm and would come back on at 10pm until 5am. Spain was in the middle of some kind of heat wave and the temperature was reaching 40 + degrees. When I asked could we leave the air-conditioning on we were told no chance not even for an additional cost. This is ridiculous given the temperatures. My elderly grandparents and 16 month old daughter were melting in this heat. There is no buggy access to this hotel so it was harder work to transport my daughter around than it is at home....this was supposed to be a holiday! I really feel that they should make the air-conditioning available for longer hours in extreme heat like this. As my sister was staying at the hotel Don Bigote over the road we went to visit her in the very cool reception and this was bliss compared to Ola Club Panama.
The help yourself bar was quite handy however the room in which the drinks are served was so so hot and a strange sick smell would develop each afternoon which was quite unpleasant. On one occasion the bar ran out of Vodka so I asked for some more at reception. I was told by another rude receptionist that I would have to wait. Had I been told this politely I would have understood. My daughter drinks milk in the morning and evening and I had to ask at least 10 times for a fresh carton as the other had run out. The snacks served were repetitive and bland.....I thought maybe there would have at least been a toastie machine but instead just plain crisps, plain bread and some uncovered ham and cheese that I wouldn’t suggest anybody eats as it is left there until it runs out which is pretty much all day! On one of the days they put out some left over raw sausages from what I can only imagine was uneaten at breakfast!
The hotel itself was not very clean. I know it is normal to see the odd cockroach but I can honestly say I have never seen as many cockroaches in a hotel in a week. Not sure what was causing there to be so many but I am not a fan! The hotel also has the smallest lift I have ever seen with another small set of stairs to reach it which meant more buggy lifting! The lift itself could not fit 2 people in comfortably never mind a buggy!
The food was repetitive and really quite disgusting. There were plenty of cold foods etc but I prefer to eat hot meals. Not much choice for children either. The dining room is far too small for the number of guests and I found myself tripping up over people and becoming rather angry at rude French people pushing in a queue I had been stood in for 10 minutes. The air-con in the restaurant is next to useless so we were all sweating over our meals it was that hot. I appreciate it was hotter than usual but surely they could turn the air-con up!! On one occasion there was no table at all to accommodate us and we had to wait. My husband and I went to McDonalds one evening and I don’t expect to have to do this having paid for an all inclusive stay.
I have read a number of reviews about how great the entertainment is....I’m not sure if the real entertainers were on holiday but it was the worst entertainment I had ever seen. About 5 reps doing bad dancing to a screen drop of a video that was projected on to a screen. Not in time, no singing very poor! One of the kid’s club entertainers had my 5 year old step daughter crying her eyes out!! Will never find out what really happened but certainly don’t expect this! Most of the kids made their own entertainment in the pool and park so they had a great time.
I have never written a review before but I felt on this occasion that I simply had to inform people about this hotel. The main topic of conversation between all of the families was how bad this hotel was. Lots of friendly English people with kids so no issues there just far too many rude French people spoiling it. Not once was I offered any help with carting the buggy up and down the stairs constantly!! My husband’s birthday fell on one of the days we stayed there and there was a bottle of “champagne” left in the room which I thought was a nice touch however the same bottles were on sale at a shop down the road for 2.5 euro’s but I suppose it’s the thought that counts!! That was the only positive thing I could say about our stay at Ola Club Panama.....please pay a bit extra and stay in a different hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the very first floor looked really dark and gloomy....
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
olahotels, Quality department at Ola Club Panama, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your opinion.
We are sorry you didn't enjoy any aspect of your holiday with us.
Our staff try to give the best service to every guest, we're sorry you didn't experience it this way.
We’re sorry you didn’t even enjoy the extra attention in your room for your husbands birthday.
birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Treated the children and grandchildren to a wonderful family holiday-7 Adults, 6 children and 1 infant- joined by my sister, 2 daughters and a grandchild the day after we arrived. 18 of us in total
-Everything was smooth from the point of booking with 'low cost holidays' my agent Georgina was fantastic from the onset. Flights experience with Monarch was excellent and the luggage allowance for the ZB flights is superb- no need to have cases for the kids as all had 10kg hand luggage included. Only the adults had cases allowance 20kg which we paid for. The check in process was seamless.
-The Entertainment in the hotel is SUPERB and very child orientated- best hotel entertainment experienced in a long time. The manager Duzo was excellent and 'LEO' was absolutley 'FIRST CLASS'. The staff around the complex work extremly hard and are very accommodating. My only observation and recommendation for the amazing Hotel Director' Pepe' is to offer the receptionist staff 'Sophia' some Customer Service Training- she would do well to spend some time Shadowing 'Angela' who was 'OUTSTANDING'... Sophia has little Customer Service Skills...
-There are lots of activites to do-:- Archery; Water Polo; Rifle Shooting; Ping Pong and your team can go to the Hotel across the way to compete. The family water games contest was just awesome with France v Spain v Germany v England- and guess who won 'ENGLAND' sweet victory...
-The food was very diverse with lots of choice- it will seem repetitive after a while but you can always go out for a meal if you like but pointless if your all-inclusive. We found the lunch-time selection was always the best. Breakfast is 8-10 Lunch 12.30-2.30 Dinner 7-9pm Dont leave it too late as the lights for the food turn off exactly on time and is removed as they set up for the next session.. Snacks are served in the self service bar area from 11am - 11pm. The beer from the Keg is one of the best 'Estrella Dam' decent quality. Ladies dont miss the Cava on tap by the freezer in the corner. The slush machines are great but be patient when they have to re-fill them. The drinks available for kids and adults is vast- just pace yourselves.
- if celebrating a birthday in resort please let the reception know by 8am the day before as they porovide a cake and bottle of cava complimentary.... Thanks Pepe...
- Jet Sking can be booked at hotel reception for 10 euro per person for 10 minutes, which is a bargain- you must book 2-3 days before and make your way to the beach right by Hotel Hawaii- 20 minutes walk or less than 5 euro in taxi... your alternative if you book on the beach is 50 euro for 20 minutes....
-10 euro refundable deposit for Air Con remote. Air Con is operated by the hotel 10pm-6am and also during the day.. if the Air Con does not work they can proivide a fan.
- if you have an infant the hotel will charge an additonal 6 euro per day for the cot if you need one, which was a suprise to us. (Pepe i think this should be free!!!)
- Health and Safety note- if you arrive and your balcony glass door does not have red/greensafety stickers on then please report to reception as the glass door will appear to be open when it is not.
-The sunbeds do get used from early in the morning so get up early if you want to secure one.
othet than what i have said, if you go do enjoy yourself and dont worry about the rudeness of some of your fellow european holiday makers as the rudeness is in some of their blood so have a fantastic holiday and remember that its your money you have spent for this holiday so enjoy enjoy enjoy....... I cant wait to go back next year..... :-)

Room Tip: we had rooms on 2nd floor directly above reception (218) directly by x2 lifts which wasnt a problem...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive, detailed and honest review.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
We will certainly pass on your thanks to Pepe, Angela, Douzie and Leo, in order to motivate them to keep giving excellent service to future guests.
We will pass on your suggestions and feedback to the hotel direction in order to improve our service for future clients.
We hope to warmly welcome you back next year in our hotel.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the hotel at the end of July, we had a fantastic time the staff at the hotel were lovely. The entertainment staff are second to non!! My two boys 8 and 5 had so much fun at mini club so a special Thankyou to Douzie, Leti, Debora, Aurelie and Leo. My 8year old usually wont join in with things but joining in with the circus day and being douzies side kick clown just made his holiday.( thanks Douzie!! )

The food was lovely, sometimes not to everyone's taste but you can never please everyone!! The help yourself bar is fantastic, the first all inclusive hotel I have stayed at with no queues.

The first night we where there there was a lot of noise around 3am but have to say that was the only time to say you are in a busy area! The hotel is in a great location for the beach only a 5 min walk. The rooms are a very good size, with clean towels every day and beds made every day.

All in all a lovely hotel, your holiday is what you make it!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
olahotels, Quality department at Ola Club Panama, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your honest opinion.
We are very happy you enjoyed your holiday with us.
We will certainly pass on your special thanks to Douzie, Leti, Debora, Aurelie and Leo in order to motivate the to continue giving impressive service to future clients.
We are also happy you enjoyed our food, our self service bar and our hotelstaff.
We hope to welcome you back next year again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel two adults two children 6 and 8 were booked a double room found out none available they put a double bed and two single beds in one room. Found food poor As was served raw chicken kebabs and when shown to chef he shrugged and said don't eat it went to manager and nothing done found raw eggs she'll in paella raw sausages and raw burgers not a lot of choice for kids French people were given more respect and a lot of the shows more to do with French
Entertainment very good life guard done nothing except have a go at people I saved a boy from drowning and she just watched and had a go at mum the only time she got wet is when I threw her in I will be speaking to my holiday rep as my family didn't trust hotels food and after paying for all inclusive I had to pay to eat out not happy

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your opinion.
We are sorry you didn't enjoy your holiday at our hotel.
We're happy you did enjoy our entertainment.
We only have one room type in our hotel. But the number of beds vary to the number of persons staying in the room.
We kindly ask you to not throw the lifeguard in the pool.
Barrow-in-furness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Loved it! Hard bed and noisy but OK if you keep your door shut, central so to be expected. Pay 10 euros deposit for the remote for air conditioning, available 2-7 and 10-5am. Serve yourself drinks :).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Co-operative Travel

Thank you for your review.
We hope to see you next year again.
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have just returned from this hotel. We booked last minute and stayed for 6 nights.
We came with a 2 daughters, aged 7 and 5 years. They loved the pool which has a slide too and was nice and warm so they could swim all day. The pool does get busy and you are best to try and get a sun bed about 8.30 am else it's a struggle.
The hotel is brilliantly located for the beaches at Palma nova as well as for bus stops, boat trips etc as well as a good choice of bars etc though we didn't bother with those.
The food in the hotel was good. We have eaten both better and worse elsewhere but there was ample choice for us and the kids. The self service drinks bar works well. Would advise you to take large plastic cups as they only provide small ones.
The hotel entertainment was good for a small ish hotel. We have stayed in holiday villages where the entertainment has not been as good. We watched a comedy show (very funny), a parrot show, a snake show and a human flag show (amazing) as well as the usual bingo, quizzes etc if you wish. There is a kids club though ours preferred to swim.
My husband loves snorkelling (we usually go to Egypt) but there are not many fish to see in the bay.
We did a boat trip (dolphin) from the bay which was a bit disappointing as only one short swim stop in a very average spot and then just along the coastline. We did go to Palma aquarium which was amazing - definately would recommend. Only disappointment was that the hotel won't give you a packed lunch if you go out for the day. Felt this was a little unjust.
Hotel is approx 20 mins from airport which costs around 38 euros.
Would recommend this hotel - don't expect luxury but it's a good all rounder.
Also, we noticed that the French hotel guests could be quite rude, staring at mealtimes and pushing in queues. However, nice to have a diverse range of guests instead of all Brits!

• Stayed August 2013
olahotels, Quality department at Ola Club Panama, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
We are happy you enjoyed your 6 night break at our hotel.
It is true that the hotel doesn't provide a picknick ,like 99 % of all hotels in Spain. Due to health and safety risk, we are not allowed by law to provide guests with food to consume outside the hotel.
We hope to welcome you back next year in our hotel.

Been to Ola Club Panama? Share your experiences!