“greta time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ola Club Bermudas

You added Ola Club Bermudas to your Saves list
Ola Club Bermudas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cl Pinzones 20, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“greta time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

a good quality 3 star hotel ,very clean ,central location by beach ,excellent staff ,good food that caters for most tastes.Had a fun time with the animation team ,especially Anyia,who despite previous reviews we found to be extremely entertaining/fun,.The pool attendant appears to have relaxed somewhat and we were allowed a ball in the pool ,frisbie and bat and ball,although lilo's seemed a no no.Although predominantly french , everyone, got on well ,if you make the effort to join in the activities and enjoy yourself.We had a lovely 8 day break and wouldnt hesitate to go back,double glazing stops the noise from nearby bars and its a short walk from the strip.if thats to your liking We were a middle aged couple travelling with 2 ,20yr olds an 18yr old and each of us had a great time thanks

Room Tip: pool views ideal ,cost 5 euros night extra.Rooms 211/212 excellent
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
olahotels, Quality department at Ola Club Bermudas, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your honest opinion.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will certainly pass on you compliments to Anya, it will certainly motivate her after the 2 previous negative reviews.
We hope to see you again next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

just returned from this hotel 1-7-2013....hotel lovely and clean . some staff were friendly , hotel guests were 70 per cent French . who I found very rude , I went to this hotel with my disabled daughter and my sister inlaw , I went down to pool early the first morning after ariveing at this hotel , to get a sunbed with a back to it for my daughter , sum beds ddint hav a back ,my daughter as cerable palsey so she needed the sun bed that u can adjust for her back , I managed to get one for her , went back up to my room to dress my daughter , my sister inlaw was sitting on the balcony that overlooked the pool , and saw a French woman and her husband literally move my daughters bed and took it for themselves , I approavhed the French woman and said is this the way u treat a disabled child , they both began to argue with me , my daughter was upset , I told the manager wat had happened , and he did allow me to put towels on the beds earlier than other guests , which was good of him , but nothing was said to thr French couple for doing this , every time we seen this couple they would stare and say thing , we knew it was something bad they were saying but didn't under stand wat they were saying , I find the french guests very rude and loud , my daughter lived on salads , the food was very French , under cooked sausage raw bacon , the staff at this hotel are all for the French , , they don't bother with the English guests much , my daughter as a walking disability and I saw French guests stare at my daughter the way she walked and even wen she passed them they wud turn round and stare again , she was very upset with this , on our last nite at this hotel we were playing bingo on our balcony, and their rules for bingo is the first to run to the stage if there is more than one winner wins the money , on this nite an elderly woman won a house she ran and fell on the stage hurting her knee,she seemed to be in pain ,as the night went on nearly every one had gone up to bed bout 11...30 in the nite , there were about twelve French guests sitting round a table , we were on the balcony , they coudent see us , but we could see them , one French male guest who is very well known to the hotel , stands up from his chair runs to the stage , pretends to fall and hold his knee , all the French and the new girl rep started laughing , he was mimickeing the poor woman who had fallen earlier and hurt her knee , me and my sister inlaw could not believe how callous these French people are , I was told this hotel only opend up to other guests apart from French two years earlier , it use to be an only french hotel , im sorry bermudas .. I think you should keep it as an all French hotel , its clear the French don't like the English , , hotel lovely and clean , big rooms , food very poor , and French guests very rude and unfriendly , I would not come back to this hotel , , this is a genuine review ..... manager and the life guard at the pool a girl are very nice people ......who helped my daughter .....

Room Tip: 328 over looking pool ....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.
We are sorry for what happened to you and your daughter during your stay but the manager and the staff have done all they could to help you and give you the sunbed you needed.
We will pass on your comments to the hotel direction in order to impove our service for all future guests.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just got back from a long weekend from this hotel. I wasn't sure about going as ive stayed at french hotels before and they were big on the french theme but this hotel was great,yes there was loud old french folk who like to think they own the hotel but there was also enough English folk to not feel out off place..i didn't feel like the french got better service.we had a poolside room which was lovely and clean.the staff was all great even management, ok music was rubbish in the day but we all have different taste.the food was nice and i am a funny sod when it comes to food but i manage to find something to eat everyday ,everyone worked very hard at this hotel from the ladies in the restaurant to the bar staff who service was spot on,no french got serve before anyone else.for the price you pay for this hotel its nice not much entertainment at night then if ya want that stuff then pay for it by going to stay in a overprice hotel with 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your honest opinion.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
You are right, we do not favour french guests, every guest in our hotel we treat and serve with the same smile and courtesy whatever may be his nationality.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just back from 8 day stay in the bermudas where we had a great time. We are a mature couple who like to relax by the pool and do nothing other than chill out. We found the staff all very friendly always smiled and were very courteous. The animation staff worked extremely hard to keep guests entertained although it wasn't always great quality you could not fault the effort they put in Anya was very funny always up for fun and games ( I was her boyfriend ) . The food I found to be very good but I can try food I have not had before and enjoy my wife is not so adventurous but still managed to find something to have a satisfactory meal. Some of the cuts of meat were a bit tough but you can't have the best cuts for price paid for this hotel. The room with a pool view was very clean and comfortable plenty of room and wardrobe space. I read some of the other reviews before I booked this hotel and yes pigs trotters were on the menu for 1 day but there was plenty of other choices and some people like them , yes it is a French owned hotel and a lot of very pleasant French guests and Dutch swedes Brits as you expect we all on holiday to have a good time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will certainly pass on your compliments to the entertaiment team and Anya in specific so it can motivate her to keep having fun with future clients.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is a good clean hotel with an international clientelle.
The rooms are spacious and clean with air conditioning or heating if it is cool. .
It is in a good location near to the beach and the local shops and bars in Palma Nova.
The all inclusive food is good. There is a lot of traditional Spanish food including pigs trotters,rabbit, paella and seafood but also chips and chicken nugetts for kids.Lots of choice.
The bar across the road is very noisy until 4:00 but this is not the fault of the hotel.
I bought ear plugs from the chemist after 3rd night and was fine. You can upgrade to a quiet room for 5 euros a day if you like. The bus stops just outside the hotel and the services are very regular and cheap. Had a brilliant holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are quieter as bar closes at 11:00 but you have to pay for an upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very happy you had a brilliant stay in our hotel.
We would like to be clear that the supplement of 5€ a day isonly for an upgrade to a room with POOLview.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just returned from a weeks holiday at Ola Bermudas, with 4 adults and 3 children. First impressions were good, brilliant location, clean rooms, friendly staff at bar and reception.
First morning, we went down and got 6 sunbeds no problem, then took kids to nearest shop and bought them an inflatable each to play with in the pool (50-60 euros). On our return to hotel, we enjoyed a bit of fun in the pool, before being approached by the Bermudas management, telling us that NO inflatables are allowed in the pool. With 3 very disappointed children, we argued that there is no signs anywhere to state this, which would have stopped us spending any amount of money on such things!!!! The manager told us that a sign will be placed asap (we never saw one).
After this we thought we`d try with a volleyball, and again on entering the pool to play with the kids, we were again told NO BALL GAMES!!!!
This really annoyed us! What are the kids suppose to do, sunbath at 9 - 12 years old?
This was made even worst during the entertainment programs throughout each day, when for 2 hours every afternoon, French guests are encouraged to play water polo and throw a volleyball around at high speed hitting anything or anyone!!
Another activity involved Inflatables being raced on from one end of the pool to the other? Yet we were told these things were a safety issue?
We ended up having to take the kids to the beach and spend a small fortune for sunbeds, pedal boats, parasailing, banana boats, bikes, drinks etc. Some of which weren`t budgeted for as drinks, sunbeds etc. were all part of the all inclusive at the hotel.
Large groups of French Pensioners were very annoying, singing out loud, and being very `French`!!!
Also an elderly British lady had her bag stolen from off the back of her chair whilst in the restaurant, the manager didn`t lift a finger to help and then vanished, leaving an 83 year old lady and her husband to deal with things in a mainly French speaking hotel!
Night time entertainment isn't too good, and you must be silence after midnight(as we found out, following a night out in Magaluf, we were dragged into the infamous managers office for our wrists slapped). I witnessed 4 incidents involving the manager and guests, all of which were English?
Having said all this, the hotels location is super, bar and staff are fine, rooms are clean, food is ok but mainly French themed(squid, lots of fish, some other weird stuff etc.).
Manager and entertainment staff all favour French guests, which may sound petty, but believe me its True!!!!!!!
As a family we stuck together and refused to let things spoil our holiday, so overall I would say that we had a good time, but wouldn`t use this hotel again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
olahotels, Quality department at Ola Club Bermudas, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel.
It is true there are no lilos allowed in the pool and directly after some guests
signaled us that there we no signs up, we printed a sign saying no lilos in the pool.
Volleyball and waterpolo in the pool are only allowed under the supervision of an entertainer.
We are sorry we could't please you in some aspects of your holiday.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have just returned from ola club Bermudas Palma nova,and having read previous reviews I wasn't expecting a great holiday.
But I have to say, it was one of the best holidays I've had!
The hotel is in a great location for the beach, shops etc..
There is a lot of French guests but they are just like the rest of us, enjoying they're holiday.
The staff are friendly and helpful, the food I couldn't complain about at all because there is a lot to choose from and the alcohol selection is 10 out of 10!!!
You could always get a sunbed by the huge child friendly pool and there is activities going on all day
My children who are 6 and 3 loved going to "mini club" which is run by one of the entertainers and they take part in activities like drawing painting etc while my wife and sat and had a few drinks!
The entertainers did Glee one night and my daughter loved it!
But just like the other review said, the one entertainer Ania was so loud she got on my bloody nerves with her shouting and roaring.
The head entertainer Alejandro was great with the kids though and would dance with them at the mini disco
The rooms were large, clean and spacious.
Ours was opposite banana joes and in the night we could not hear a thing from there, so I don't know what the other reviewers where on about!!
All in all a great hotel, brilliant location, great staff, and I loved the food and drink!!

FANTASTIC HOTEL OLA CLUB BERMUDAS!!
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

• Stayed June 2013
olahotels, Quality department at Ola Club Bermudas, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us so much, because of the other review the hotel director has already talked with Anja to adapt her behavior and lower her volume of speech during the day. We will certainly pass on your compliment to Alejandro so it can motivate him to keep doing a good job with the children and for future client.
When we see you next year we will warmly welcome you back in our hotel.

Been to Ola Club Bermudas? Share your experiences!