“well worth the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ola Club Bermudas

Save Saved
You added Ola Club Bermudas to your Saves list
Ola Club Bermudas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cl Pinzones 20, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #21 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Manchester, United Kingdom
“well worth the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel is in a great position, near the beach (out of the front gate, turn right and its in front of you, just across the road ), loads of shops and restaraunts. The beach is beautiful and clean and the sea is turquoise. Despite whats been said on here about the hotel catering for the french, it is a french chain, they're no different from any other tousists. Unless of course you go abroad and expect everyone to speak english.
The animation team were lovely and speak at least 5 languages between them. I thought that particular team were very good, yes you have the usual water games etc.., but they would also come out and entertain you with daft games whilst waiting for a show to start. The proffesional shows were different to any i'd seen before and were exceptionally good.
The food was ok but as for only catering for the french ?!? one night the line up was paella, pizza, pasta, lamb chops (well cooked) new potatoes, fresh veg all sorts of salad and deserts and wine and soft drinks to help yourself with.
The pool area was clean and the bar staff were nice, yes, the drinks were served in plastic cups but this seems to be more or less the norm now with AI but you could have as many as you wanted.
The bedrooms were clean and well kept with friendly staff.
Drawbacks... the stairs could do with new carpets
there is a hotel 'Lively' across the road which is extremely noisy, if you have a room on that side of the hotel, but it does stop at midnight.
Overall for the money i paid it is a very good hotel, with excellent company.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bournemouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just come back from being at this hotel for 10 days with my mum and 2 year old sister. It was my mums and mine first time back to this hotel in ten years so we expected the change but maybe not as much as what it was.

The most the staff are completely rude to English especially the male animation person he doesn't speak to any English person or even acknowledge us but the two girls always are saying hello and are welcoming though they don't speak a lot of English. The night reception staff are rude and completely unhelpful when you go down to get something. Though if anyone makes a noise in the hotel and you call reception they will come up and sort out the issue within about 3/5 minutes so that was really good and was very impressed as someone came in the hotel at 3 in the morning banging on the room next to me trying to get his girlfriend to let him in as they had had a row for the next 10 minutes after were shouting at each other considering you can see the hotel has children and older people in this was completely unacceptable but staff sorted this immediately. The bar staff are friendly and always there to get what you need as soon as you get to the bar.

The food is good, as other people have said that the food is cold it's never cold and always changed about every 10 minutes never a delay for the food at all. As me and my mum are vegetarians we was a little bit apprehensive but there is lots of bread, salads, pastas, pizza, chips and vegetables to offer. My sister is very picky with her food but even she was trying new foods. All fresh and clean so don't be fooled about what others say. Yes there is not much variety but you pay for what you get really as it is 3 star you can't expect everything.

The cleanliness yes some of the rooms smell well it's not the rooms its the bathrooms as soon as you first enter the room you can smell the bathroom but you only need to open the window and the smell is completely gone. The rooms are cleaned daily apart from Thursday, I'd make sure you read the leaflets that are given on the table because they tell you everything about this as we didn't read them but the cleaners are really good and helpful at all times. The kitchen is spotless as my sister made friends with the chef we was able to go into the kitchen as he took her for a look around so no signs of any dirt nothing it's spotless. Reception, stairs and outside near swimming pool are always kept clean.

The people in the hotel yes most are french and elderly but we had no problem they was always smiling and happy so we didn't have no problem and as for them being rude we never witnessed this. There was an old man who wouldn't stop staring at me and my mum for days which made us feel really uncomfortable but you just have to say something to that person not the staff as the staff will not do anything as they are not doing anything wrong.

As for children's entertainment that was dreadful, you have 1 slide, 1 rocking horse and a little box maze which looks like it was from the 70's it's so old and dangerous and a room that never seemed to be open not one day which was for children's drawing. There is a sort of fair if you walk past the tennis courts which has lots of rides for children to play on like a little race course, horses, dinosaur, basketball, football, boxing, etc.. but all rides cost 1 euro but keeps children entertained. There is also another park which is when walking into the beach is on the right hand side which is nice and lots of things to go on. The animation doesn't do a lot for children if I'm honest it's more about dancing and making wine? but they try get children involved when they have a children's thing to do.

Don't be fooled when it says wifi, yes there is wifi in the hotel but it doesn't connect to anything and if it does it doesn't work. There are many cafe's and there are computers downstairs. The hotel has many bars around it but to be honest aslong as you are in a room facing the pool you don't get any trouble from the noise.

If you want to go anywhere go to Castaways which is next to the tobacco shop across from the hotel, always friendly and really nice.

yes this is long but at least its a honest review!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room facing the pool!
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Returned a week ago from this awful hotel. I was really looking forward to the holiday. I am so devasted and disappointed that I have paid so much for "all-inclusive".. it is NOT all-inclusive, it is full-board with 2 hour set meal times in the dining hall. There were NO hot snacks available at all, as this is what all-inclusive is about, if you miss lunch or dinner you can just have a hot dog or something, but NO! Their 'spread' of snacks were chewy crisps as they had been left out all day, cheap garlic sausage slices and cheap rubbery cheese, white plain cheap bread, NO butter available, or brown bread, and cheap hard cakes. NO hot food what-so-ever! NO ice cream even, only in the 2 hour lunch and dinner in the food hall. Now the food, Yes I don't expect all English food, but even the chips were cold, I mean, how can you get the chips wrong? Rabbit stew, Pig's feet and tongue, Dog fish, the salad tasted like chlorine, the food was too heavy and it was mainly catered for the french, the only Spanish food was lukewarm Paella and this is dangerous as rice needs to be either hot or cold.. I expected to put on weight with all-inclusive, but I have actually lost weight! Even eating a few bits of unamed food I was bloated. I have never been anywhere so regimented it was not laid-back at all! The animation team do not know what they're doing, they are annoying, now if they were any good then they wouldn't be annoying. the plastic cups are 0.2 l, you're not allowed to drink out of anything else, so if you like spanish lager in a tiny plastic cup then good for you. The 'malibu' (local) tasted like lamb, the spirits are very cheap and only half the percentage of the good named spirits. When you went to the bar you felt as though you shouldn't be askinhg for any drinks, it was awful, it really was. The Sol hotel across the road caters for all-inclusive properly, as there were hot food available all day until mid-night, so if you missed dinner you could just have that, their drinks were much better, and you can drink out of a pint glass, so this is just the comparison. I fond out that bermudas is only hotel which a french package holiday company works with, so they all flock here... a minority of the French guests were friendly but most of them were old and miserable. I am not exagerating when I say that most of the guests were French. Please don't be fooled like I was with the photoshop'd photos and with optimism by ignoring the bad reviews I read before I booked. This is a 2* regimented full-board hotel and NOT all-inclusive. I am happy I am home.

Batley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have just come back from 10 days at this hotel we had a great time this was due to the people we met and the entertainment staff. The food was fab,lots to choose from every meal time , but dont be mis led the 4 rooms I saw were nothing like the photos posted by Pepe. The rooms were clean and they were maintained every day apart from a Thursday but we had no Hairdryer as stated, we were asked to pay for a cot for our 22month baby and advised that management had changed things that were in the brochure like the age of the kids club

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband just come back from this hotel we stayed a week on the 28th of may and must say its one of the better hotels yes there is a lot of French but they didn't give us any trouble the food was good way better then there sister hotel the weather was so good as well for that week and rooms were clean and bar staff very friendly must say if u go to Palma nova u must try a English cafe called Natalie's the food is to die for we eat there twice not cos food at hotel was bad just cos we was out I would stay again at this hotel as the manager let us have the the room later on c heck out for a extra 20 euros which was good as we had a late flight if u want a good hotel this one is good but every one to there own liking

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Selby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from staying here for a week and found the hotel ok. I would say that the location was quite good as near to the beach and easily accessible to both Palma Nova and Magaluf. A bus available just down the road that can tke you into Palma or even walk up to the next resort Portals Nous.

As others have said most of the people in the hotel are French. As others have also said the food is not great, but I looked at is as you get what you pay for. I payed a similar amount for the hotel as I would have self catering so I went knowing I would eat out at local restaurants.

I didn't go to the pool either as usually looked very busy, went a 2 min walk to the beach which I prefer anyway.

Room was alright though, I went on my own and got a room with 3 beds and a decant size for 1. The room was also cleaned daily for me. Others have mentioned a smell I thought that the corridors did smell but in my expirance my room was fine.

Would possibly have asked for a south facing room rather than north as in hindsight my balcony didn't really get any sun all day.

Overall I really enjoyed my time away, I would visit the resort again and would consider the hotel. Fair enough its not the best but for for the price I paid I do believe that everywhere would have been similar, it was a good base but don't use expecting to utilise all the food and entertainment.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is my 5th year of going to Palma Nova and after staying in this hotel it was put me off going back. I normally try to find the good in everything includding hotels but I have nothing good to say about this one unless you are french you will love it.
When we arrived it seemed lovely and we were very excited about our 10 day holiday but that soon turned into a nightmare. As we had been up early we were so tired by the time we go to the hotel we were given our room cards and a letter about food times etc. Once in the rooms they didn't look to bad but don't be fooled, they were filthy dust everything and the smell words could not describe the smell.
We didn't think to much about the food on the first night as we were tired so after tea we went to have an early night, this didn't happen the noise from not only outside but in was outrageous you could hear every bit of movement from the other rooms, doors banging people shouting ever the hotel staff. For the whole 10 nights we were woke up at different times during the night.
I feel awful that I have nothing good to say about this hotel, the food was just as bad, cold not cooked enough and the only english dish was chips not don't get me wrong I like chips as much as the next person but if I don't see another chip again i'd be a happy person, they catered for the french and whilst I'm taking about the french the hotel was about 95% french and they had to have been the most rude, ignorent people I have ever met during dinner they would push you out of the way look and you like you were something on the bottom of your shoe they had no respect for anyone even if you tried to be nice they still treated you like something the cat has just brought in, I couldn't even begin to tell you about how badly we were treated by them.
Even the staff during entertainment would do it in spanish and french when asked if they could repeate it in english we were told we would have to wait till the end and if they had time they would try! But that didn't happen.
So if you like cold uncooked food, dirty rooms, noise, rude people you will love this hotel. We paid nearly 2000 for 3 people AL for 10 days not worth the money this hotel has 3 stars in my opinion that's 3 stars to many.

Room Tip: A tip to find a good room, find a better hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ola Club Bermudas? Share your experiences!