“Avoid, if possible” 2 of 5 stars
Review of MonteNova

Save Saved
You added MonteNova to your Saves list
MonteNova
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Miquel dels Sants Oliver, 20, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #35 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Oslo
“Avoid, if possible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at Montenova for 1 week in July 2012. According to out impression, the main problems are dirty room and various loud noises throughout the night. As for dirty rooms, the rooms were only cleaned twice during the week. Being reasonably close to the beach, we experienced the room being covered in sand the majority of the time. In addition, the sheets were dirty upon arrival. As for noise level, there are two quite big streets close to the hotel, though the main issue is from the cleaning system of the pool. And of course, young drunk scandinavians.

Would suggest to avoid this hotel. Though, as one last 'gift', the hotel let all their guests pick a free soda/drink from the minimarket upon departure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Roskilde
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

When I arrived I was told to go by car (with the receptionist) to my room. I did not quiet get why it had to be by car since I allready was in the building with the apartments? Of course I asked and said I was a little confused, but the man seemed to overhear my questions, and kept saying "it just a little down the road". We then parked in front of a hotel (Delfin Playa), and the man pointed at the 4* star, saying "this is much better, 4* star and everything". Still I did not know what was happening?? He left, and the receptionist at the hotel took over. I asked her what was going on, and she answered that he probably had overbooked, as if it was the most common thing in the world.
I booked Montenova because it was apartments(kitchen facilities), and instead i was given a hotel room!! Probably the worst room in the entire hotel. No balcony, and no view at all (a huge tree just outside the window). And worst of all, no minibar!
Next day I went back to Montenova, and see if there was any apartments available. First the receptionist looked as he had never seen me before, so I had to repeat 2-3 times what was my problem (studio/hotel room), then he tried to call (or pretended to) a friend who had apartments too, but no one answered, of course! He offered me to have breakfast in the hotel on his account, instead of finding an apartment. I accepted, but still not quite satisfied with the handling of this booking.
Overbooking is not ok, but at least he could have explained to me what was about to happen when I arrived, instead of just ordering me into a car.
Luckily I was only staying for 3 nights, so I "survived" the lack of refrigerator and balcony :)

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Bratislava, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Appartments are at the crossroads, all balconies face the tiny pool - during the day there is noise from the pool and rooms. At night you hear neighbour's air conditioning and drunk people. There was a main road to Palmanova just behind the appartments (a lot of noise and smog!!!) Appartments are very far from the beach, you have to walk through the hill. The staff at the reception with no interest in clients, the water from the siphon in the bathroom was leaking so we had to call the plumber. Moreover, our room was not clean enough (cobwebs, dust, filth on the balcony), whenever you have shower, all bathroom is flooded!!! Your toilet paper has a shower too. But what is the most important, luckily, no cockroaches in the appartments, but only in the streets closer to the sea.
I recommend these appartments to those people who want to cheap accomodation for a few days but for a longer stay you should look for something better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I think, this hotel was worth for the money. There is washingmachine in every room as well, so big plus for that! The shower is very small and water came on to the floor everytime you go to the shower...that was disturbing and annoing. Location is quite good and area is peaceful and still it isin't too far from the beach and Palma Nova center. Only problem for us was the loud music played by some other guest very late in the night. The hotel staff put a stop to it as well so it wasn't allowed to make any noice after 11pm. Swimmingpool is very small, but we didn't care about that because the beaches of Palma Nova are magnificent. If you aren't too picky about the hotel this is good enough.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

I read up about this hotel after i booked it and i was worried about terrible reports but apart from a cracked shower base
it was basic but clean and plenty of cooking utensils plus a washing machine hob microwave toaster coffee maker and toaster

• Stayed April 2009

Been to MonteNova? Share your experiences!