Arrived at the hotel Friday 9th April I especially chose this hotel as i stayed in October 2009 and loved it BUT .... I noticed the food standards were definitely not as good this time and there was an awful smell of sewage around the hotel. The food was barely warm and I would say some of it looked definitely undercooked. One guest later told me she had a piece of fish that was cooked apart from the end which was still frozen solid. The pink sausages had to be avoided especially when I saw the chef pouring cold oil on them on the food counter. There were many people in the hotel who were ill and you could hear people being sick and toilets flushing in other rooms all night. We were told at Reception it was an outbreak of stomach flu which was sweeping the Island, but on chatting to other hotel guests in surrounding hotels no one else had any problems. One English guest told me that she had been informed that it was probably a virus they had caught on the plane. Alas on Sunday my youngest daughter started with sickness and diarrhoea which confined her to our room for 3 days. I was violently sick on the Monday and my other daughter became very ill on Wednesday night. I had to call out the Doctor and she was rushed by ambulance to Palma Hospital where she spent 3 days having various medications, injections and drips. The doctor informed us it was food poisoning. I discovered that another Hawaii guest was also in the same hospital with the same condition. Another guest informed me that on the Thursday there were health inspectors testing the food in the dining room. I must say that the food standards did improve after this visit although by this time we were mostly eating outside the hotel. We were supposed to come home on Friday 16th but my daughter was still in hospital and then the volcanic ash crisis delayed us and we had to stay another 4 nights in the hotel. We got a flight to Barcelona and spent 2 days on a coach before arriving back at Leeds Bradford.
The only thing good about this hotel is the Reception staff who are friendly and helpful. The dining room staff are sullen and miserable, really unwelcoming. Even the hotel manager couldnt be bothered to see his guests who had been hospitalised. This WAS a holiday from HELL and as you have probably guessed we will never be returning to this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Mallorca Hotel
- Hotel Hawaii Majorca
- Hotel Hawaii Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca
- Hawaii Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
- Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca Palmanova, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca is a 4 stars hotel that bids you all the convenience and comfort of an all-inclusive hotel in Palma Nova, ideal for families and couples who wish to enjoy a holiday at the beachfront in Torrenova. The comfortable rooms with terraces, the excellent service from the staff and the varied gastronomical buffet are combined with fun-filled entertainment during the day as well as the evening, for adults as well as children, playgrounds, entertaining sports and various excursions around our hotel. All service on offer during your holiday in Torrenova is carried out by professionals. The hotel services are:•Pools for adults and children•Air-conditioned restaurant•Poolside bar•Café•Chill Out Terrace•Terrace with sun lounges•Garden and Gym Circuit•TV and video area•Internet Corner and WiFi•24-hour reception in 5 languages: Spanish, English, German, French and Russian•Fax service•Outdoor game room•Indoor mini club•Money exchange services•Car rental•Cots for babies free of charge.The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca boasts 230 double rooms, triple rooms, Suites, Junior Suites and premium rooms in Torrenova. All rooms are fully equipped: satellite-TV, air-conditioning, heating, telephone, a safe (with charge), Wifi (with charge), terrace and a complete bathroom with hairdryer. They are spacious and some of them are especially suitable for families with children, where up to 4 beds can be placed without compromising on your comfort. Cots for babies are available at no extra cost. The Suites are very spacious rooms with capacity for 3 adults and 2 children or 2 adults and 3 children. They have a large bedroom, an independent lounge allowing you to relax without leaving the hotel room, a complete bathroom and a terrace with a spectacular view of the sea. They have flat-screen TV, coffee and tea-making facilities, mini bar (with charge), bathrobes and slippers, hair dryer,free WIFI and tablet available (1 device), pillows a la carte, Music Centre Station, make-up mirror and snacks and wine on arrival. The Junior Suites are available for 4 persons (up to 3 adults), lounge and bedroom (in the same area) as well as a large terrace with sun beds where you can relax in the sun whilst enjoying an aperitif overlooking the stunning sea views. This type of room includes the same services than the Suites.The Premium rooms bid you a stay filled with comfort. Presenting you with a different style of furniture to the other rooms, they are equipped to make sure you get your rest and that the whole family stays entertained: Large flat screen TV, DVD/Play Station, Free Wi-fi*, Music Center Station, coffee and tea making facilities, mini bar, bathrobe, slippers, terrace, hairdryer, make-up mirror, pillows à la carte, tablet available during your stay with free WIFI (1 device) connection so you can keep up to date with the daily news, e-mails, social network sights, photos etc... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.