I booked my holiday in May 2013 to travel in September 2013 (just returned). All I can say is I am very disappointed in the hotel. I booked a junior suite as I decided the extras I get with the room were well worth the extra couple of hundred £'s. When I booked I was told I would get a newspaper delivered every morning, a tablet with free wifi for 1 device. hammock, TV with international channels (which meant to me some English ones) & dvd player, a playstation ( this is on jet2 website) when I arrived I got hurried through reception and got told to come back once I had put my bags in room so the abrupt receptionist could check every one in that had arrived. I got to my room and it looked nothing like the pictures. the junior suite was supposed to have a seating area beside the TV/terrace door which I thought would be good so could sit and watch tv instead of sitting on beds. when I arrived there was no dvd, no playstation, no hammock, no tablet, the tv only had 3 English channels I could find (euronews, bbc world news & viva). I wasn't happy! I went back to reception and asked about the tablet, playstation and wifi, I was told no,, no, don't complain and shoo'd away from reception. I asked again about the tablet and got asked for my passport, they put a tablet on the desk and started walking away with my passport without saying anything. I asked where they were going and I was told "they keep". (ive had a bad experience before with someone mislaying my passport) I told them I wont let them keep my passport and they grabbed back the tablet. I asked again about wifi and was told don't complain. I found the reception staff to be very rude and abrupt. I did after 2 days of been there get a paper in the door (3!!)
food - I went half board and when you approached the dinner hall there was a huge sign saying 2.75E all you can drink. however when you looked this was beer on a pump (yak!!), wine from a pump (not nice) fizzy pop, water or juice. you couldn't even get a cup of coffee with dinner. if you went to the bar after you could. the food itself well what can I say...not very good. not 4 star! very repetitive and bland. out of 4 times of going in there (as I went out a few times) twice I hardly had anything due to lack of choice. there was one themed night I seen where it was Chinese. you could either have a fish curry or a egg plant curry. other ppl we spoke to at the hotel also stated the food was not up to the 4 stars. this included people who are regular visitors.
cleanness - as far as I could tell the whole time I was there the terrace was never cleaned (there was a dead wasp on the floor). the maids would come in, make the beds, wipe down the sink and that's about it. the tea and coffee in the room was not refreshed (good job I took my own) the cups were only replaced once the whole week with clean ones. when walking in the room you could still feel the sand under your feet so I don't even think they swept or cleaned the floors. I think the most the floor got washed was when I washed my hair in the shower and it flooded the whole bathroom and even into the toilet! after having a shower I had to get down on my hands and knees and clean it up.
sleep - the beds were worse than sleeping on the floor. I have been home now for a day and a half and my back is still hurting off them. I did get told from another guest the day before I left that I could of asked for a tempar mattress - wish I had known this earlier! I even considered sleeping on the sun beds on the terrace overnight at one point the beds were that bad and causing me so much pain, The other thing is the toilet. sounds daft but I have never heard such a noisy toilet in my life. every couple of minutes including through the night the toilet would drain a little and fill back up for an island that I can imagine watches it water usage I couldn't believe it.
I actually felt a little discriminated against due to been half board. the people around us who were all inclusive had the junior suites had 2 tellys! the bingo was on at 9.30 each night in the bar, the prize for a line was to upgrade your all inclusive package so you didn't have to pay for any drinks (as some drinks had a charge still with a.i.) don't know what they would of done if someone half board would of won. we never got told if we could have a lunch there and how much it would be or the time it was served.
Sunbeds - these were tied up as others have said on a night. there is some selfish people! I often seen people literally running to make sure they got their share of chairs (only a few in the hotel) and beds. you would see 2 chairs and 2 beds (so 4 in total) for just 2 people. this was due to the sunbeds not been able to be adjusted. they stay in a lie down position. people were putting towels on between 8-9 in the morning and people would not actually use the sunbeds till sometimes as late as 4 or 5 in the evening. the hotel needs to take responsibility for allowing this to happen. I went onto the beach a could of times and to be fair it was a lot better. 4.50e's to rent a bed on the beach for the day.
Drinks were expensive. it was 6.20e's for a bottle of magners in the bar 4.60e's for a bottle of WKD. compared to bars along the strip this was very expensive. I actually didn't think the entertainment was that bad. don't get me wrong it wasn't good but wasn't bad either.
all in all I felt that I was mislead when I booked the room by what they advertise is included, all I got was a basic room with a terrace. if it wasn't for the location and the view I think I would of come home the day after I had arrived! would I go back....if I did it would only be for a standard room, room only or b&b and just for the view!
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Mallorca Hotel
- Hotel Hawaii Majorca
- Hotel Hawaii Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca
- Hawaii Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
- Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca Palmanova, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca is a 4 stars hotel that bids you all the convenience and comfort of an all-inclusive hotel in Palma Nova, ideal for families and couples who wish to enjoy a holiday at the beachfront in Torrenova. The comfortable rooms with terraces, the excellent service from the staff and the varied gastronomical buffet are combined with fun-filled entertainment during the day as well as the evening, for adults as well as children, playgrounds, entertaining sports and various excursions around our hotel. All service on offer during your holiday in Torrenova is carried out by professionals. The hotel services are:•Pools for adults and children•Air-conditioned restaurant•Poolside bar•Café•Chill Out Terrace•Terrace with sun lounges•Garden and Gym Circuit•TV and video area•Internet Corner and WiFi•24-hour reception in 5 languages: Spanish, English, German, French and Russian•Fax service•Outdoor game room•Indoor mini club•Money exchange services•Car rental•Cots for babies free of charge.The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca boasts 230 double rooms, triple rooms, Suites, Junior Suites and premium rooms in Torrenova. All rooms are fully equipped: satellite-TV, air-conditioning, heating, telephone, a safe (with charge), Wifi (with charge), terrace and a complete bathroom with hairdryer. They are spacious and some of them are especially suitable for families with children, where up to 4 beds can be placed without compromising on your comfort. Cots for babies are available at no extra cost. The Suites are very spacious rooms with capacity for 3 adults and 2 children or 2 adults and 3 children. They have a large bedroom, an independent lounge allowing you to relax without leaving the hotel room, a complete bathroom and a terrace with a spectacular view of the sea. They have flat-screen TV, coffee and tea-making facilities, mini bar (with charge), bathrobes and slippers, hair dryer,free WIFI and tablet available (1 device), pillows a la carte, Music Centre Station, make-up mirror and snacks and wine on arrival. The Junior Suites are available for 4 persons (up to 3 adults), lounge and bedroom (in the same area) as well as a large terrace with sun beds where you can relax in the sun whilst enjoying an aperitif overlooking the stunning sea views. This type of room includes the same services than the Suites.The Premium rooms bid you a stay filled with comfort. Presenting you with a different style of furniture to the other rooms, they are equipped to make sure you get your rest and that the whole family stays entertained: Large flat screen TV, DVD/Play Station, Free Wi-fi*, Music Center Station, coffee and tea making facilities, mini bar, bathrobe, slippers, terrace, hairdryer, make-up mirror, pillows à la carte, tablet available during your stay with free WIFI (1 device) connection so you can keep up to date with the daily news, e-mails, social network sights, photos etc... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.