“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca

Save Saved
You added Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca to your Saves list
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Torrenova 1, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #5 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
“great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We couldn't fault the hotel everything was great,the food was excellent,THERE WAS AN EXCELLENT WALK ALL ON THE FLAT,also the kids club was very good,with a half hour disco every night,trip wise we did the dolphin show,just caught the local bus it was very good show,was quite expensive to get in

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Val P. Thank you very much for your comment. We are pleased to hear that everything was to your liking during your family holiday at our new 4 stars hotel.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again if you decide to return to Mallorca in the future.

1,184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Hawaii Hotel There was 11 of us in our party with an age range of 2 year old to 60 years of age.
Check in on arrival was quick and efficient. The hotel has a good location on the beach although there are a lot of steps to climb on your return from the beach or a hill if you choose to walk up the road which we found easier. All rooms have a sea view some only a side view the dead tree in front of reception could be cut down the hotel is tastefully refurbished and the rooms are clean and well presented. The staff are friendly but sometimes seemed over worked. It was quiet at night and did not get woken up by door banging or noisy late night guest returning
The food was hot and generally of a good standard and well presented. The only down side was when they had themed evenings they could have put on one traditional dish of something simple like roast chicken as not everyone is into oriental or Mexican.
I can not comment on the entertainment as we went out every night.
Overall it is a good hotel with friendly staff in a good location clean and relaxing which makes for a good holiday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear laurence h. Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a good family holiday at our hotel as well as to hear that our staff was quick and efficient satisfying your needs.

Regarding your comment about the dead tree, please be advised that it is really difficult to cut down or to move a tree due to all these are protected, and it is necessary a license provided by the local authorities. We are working on it.

On the other hand, we take note regarding your comment about the "staff overworked" and the need of offering traditional dishes during the themed meals. All your comments are greatly appreciated to improve our services and facilities.

We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Baldock UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went on holiday in August 2013 so it was quite busy with families and children but it wasn't over run by children.
We arrived at some silly time in the morning but the man on reception who checked us in was nice and very helpful.
We got to the room and was pleasantly surprised, the room looked just like the picture and most times that never happens! The room was clean and comfortable and the beds were comfortable too. We had a walk in shower which was fantastic. The bathroom was very nice.
There was a flat screen tv in the room with plenty of English and foreign channels that we watched at the end of the night and also tea/coffee making facilities on the desk but only kettle and cups so I had to get tea bags from the supermarket across the road. I just got some milk from the bar and put it in the fridge in the room and changed it every couple of days. I had to have a cup of pg tips in the morning and evening! Our view from our balcony was a lovely sea view, and we had the sun rise in the morning and I was up early a couple of times to see that and it was beautiful.
We were all inclusive, tne breakfast, lunch and dinner were great, there was plenty to choose from and there were themed nights too. Me and my son really enjoyed the food. The pool bar opened at 10.30am and there was ice pops and lollies for the kids. I don't drink alcohol anymore so I can't comment on those kind of drinks.
The hotel is beautiful, loads of sitting areas to chill out and relax with a view of the sea and the boats that are docked in various spots and there's people jet skiing and the evenings were really nice sitting out there and watching the sun set.
The pool area, this is what let the hotel down in my opinion. For such a big hotel packed with guests the pool was tiny, there was a hot tub also but the pool was always so full and I wanted to go in but I couldn't, as a slightly disabled person the steps in to pool were ones that just drop down in the pool and not walk in steps which is what I need as I would have had an accident trying the steps they have now. Also we would go straight to pool after breakfast to try and get a sun lounger in the shade but every morning we went down there the shades had all been reserved by people putting their towels on the sun loungers under the shades. It would be packed already with reserved towels on sun loungers but no one actually there! There were plenty of sun loungers stacked up so you could just take one but trying to find space or a shade was like trying to find a 4 leaf clover! Impossible! We would go down about 7 in the evening as it would be slightly less busy as people would be going back to their room to get ready for dinner but my son would only get about 45 minutes in the pool because the staff would be clearing the pool area up for the night. So I was quite disappointed by the pool situation.
Overall I loved this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone, the staff were all helpful and friendly. I'd go back there again as it was about a 2 minute walk to the beach or just down the road to beach bars and shops, the location was great although steep! My son said there was a sign saying you can't reserve sun loungers so next time I would just take the towels off if there was no one there, that's the only hing that annoyed me, people reserving loungers and shades and not even coming down to use them sometimes!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Amme1978. Thank you very much for your nice comment and for your sincerity. We are proud to hear that you had an excellent stay at our hotel as well as to hear that you liked our sea view rooms and their services.

On the other hand, we will take into special account all your words about the pool area and its sunbed situation. We will do all our best to improve it in the future.

Finally, thank you for recommending our hotel to anyone and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Hull
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel was generally good, still a lot of work to do to be a 4 star, I would consider it a good 3 star.
Rooms- were kept clean with fresh towels daily and were a reasonable size, the balconies were a decent size, however our view from the balcony was a cliff side the cliff was just a few feet away. Noticed a few rooms on the side of the hotel faced the cliff.
Staff-mostly the staff were friendly however the older grey haired guy on reception was fairly rude and unhelpful.
Entertainment- during the day around the pool was pretty bog standard and guests were not particularly encouraged to join in, it appeared the entertainer Tony just relied on the guests who visited the hotel every year. The evening entertainment was dire.
Pool-this is what really lets the hotel down, the pool is tiny for such a big hotel, during the day young boys are dive bombing in the pool and as it is so small this stops other guest being able to use it, more disturbingly I never once saw the pool being cleaned!! there was a childrens pool but again I often saw this being overtaken by older children probably due to the lack of space in the other pool. There was access to the sea however it was a very slippery set of steps to get in (I saw a couple of people slip), also the area was surrounded by boats. Getting a sunbed was difficult as with most hotels, usual queue in the morning. The sunbeds were really dirty as was the pool area, again I never once saw the are being cleaned, one day I noticed an overflowing ashtray on the floor from the previous day.
Food- the food was good and there was a wide selection at most meal times, plus two themed nights a week. No pool side snacks though as you would expect in other 4 star hotels.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the 6th floor have sunbeds on the balcony"
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gloria P. Thank you very much for your feedback. All your good and bad comments are always appreciated in order to improve the quality of the services and facilities of our new 4 stars hotel.

Regarding your comment about the snacks at the pool area, please be advised that snacks are served at the restaurant in order to avoid crowds at the pool area as well as to offer a good standard of cleanliness in this area. This way, we will investigate what you comment about its cleanliness situation.

We also take special note regarding your comments about the need of improving the entertainment and the size of the pool. We will do our best to improve them in the future.

Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I realise I went on holiday in May 2013 but this may still be useful, just forgot to upload it!!

Interuer Hawaii Majorca Hotel
4 Stars
17th of May-24th of May
Room: 709
Sea View

Booking our Holiday:

Booking our holiday with Jet2 was really easy. It was the first holiday I booked by myself and I didn't have any problems. With a £60 deposit, and £100 off our overall booking price, it was a bargain. Regular emails from Jet 2 stopped me from panicking and printing our boarding passes was simple.
I've read a few bad reviews about Jet2 staff, however I truly think its a case of if you're nice to someone it's impossible for them not to be nice back to you.
For example, checking in at Edinburgh airport was easy, probably the quickest I've ever checked in. However, people around us continued to moan. Yes there was a queue, I know at an airport shock horror, but compared to the other queues that were about 5 times the length of ours, I think we had it quite good.
On the other end, there were a series of kind and helpful staff who made life a lot simpler, as I was very nervous about finding the correct coach. I have also read bad reviews about people missing coaches and stuff but I think a lot of it comes down to personal responsibility. We arrived at our hotel around 4.

The Hotel Staff:

Once we got over the initial shock of the elegance of the hotel, we were checked in pretty swiftly. The hotel staff were wonderful. The reception staff couldn't have been more helpful. On one occasion we asked about a mini golf activity called Fantasia Golf, which I highly recommend, it was fun and the gardens were beautiful. It even had turtles! Although we could not purchase tickets from reception, the gentleman at reception took it upon himself to phone the place, asked about opening times and prices, then gave us directions. Now that's excellent customer service.
The maids were friendly and approachable and the waiting and bar staff were lovely. Although we didn't make use of the animation team, for young families it was easy to see how they would be of great service. Over all, wonderful staff.

Our Room(709):

One word, wow! Not only was our room impeccably clean, the furnishings were modern and comfortable. The only thing I would've quite liked would've been a fridge, but the bathroom was perfectly cool enough for sun creams and things so no bother there. I cannot stress enough the value in booking a sea view room. When we opened the curtains it was like someone had stuck a giant photo shopped poster over the window. Our room looked onto the beach, over the marina and out over to the hills, absolutely breath taking. In fact, when lying on the beach, you could tell if the maids had been or not, as you could see if the curtains were open or shut! Spectacular room, spectacular view. If you're booking up now book the sea view!!

The Pool:

Although we didn't use the pool a lot, you could tell it was maintained to a high standard. During our visit it was a wee bit windy and as the pool is over the seait was warmer by the beach. I think that was just due to the time of year we went. We decided to brave the pool one morning, and like every first time in a pool on holiday it was like swimming in ice, even for us Scottish folk! However I really do think this is just because we went at the start of the season. Jet 2 are wonderful but I think their service stops at climate change.

The Surrounding Area:

The hotel was located slap bang in between Magaluf and Palma Nova, and so you have the best of both worlds. There were plenty of nice bars and restaurants and everything you could possibly need was within walking distance. There were also several frozen yoghurt places that were awesome. I'm not normally a big beach fan, but the beach next to our hotel, that was accessed by a private walkway, was lovely. I was even swimming in the sea, and that is unheard of from me! The hotel couldn't have been in a better location.

Overall, I had a wonderful holiday, and look at pictures while I'm sitting in the office almost every day, wishing I could go back! If you're heading to Majorca or this hotel this summer I hope you have as lovely a holiday as ours. Feel free to take me back with you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Meghan M. Thank you very much for such good comment. We are pleased to hear that you didn't have any problem in booking our hotel, as well as to hear that you had a fabulous stay with us!! We will also forward your kind words about our staff onto them. They will be pleased to hear all what you say about them.

On the other hand, regarding your comment about the mini fridge, please be advised that the direction of the hotel, worried about the comments of all our guests on Tripadvisor, has decided to open all minibars for all our guests. These will be open but empty, so if you want to have beverage in the minibar it would be necessary to pay for a package directly at the reception.

We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife & I have just had a very enjoyable two week holiday from 29th August to 12th September.The hotel was very clean and modern with the refurbishment done to a very high standard.We spent every evening in the excellent chill out area with fantastic views across the bay,I doubt if any other hotel in Palma Nova has a better view.All the staff were very friendly & polite which gave it a good atmosphere.Special mention has to be made to the two girls who entertained the children on an evening.All in all we had a very good holiday in an excellent hotel,well worth another visit.

Room Tip: If you are an Amigo Club member contact the hotel & if possible they will give you a free upgrad...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear texat33. Thank you very much for your nice review. It's a pleasure for us to know that your two week holiday at our hotel was excellent. We are also happy to hear that you liked the new look of the hotel as well as to hear that our staff was friendly and polite. We will forward your comment onto the staff of the hotel.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again if you return to Palmanova in the future.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just back from our second visit to Hotel Hawaii. Fantastic week. The staff, the food the location absolutely perfect. Cant wait to return next year. The staff at reception remembered us from last last time which was nice considering the amount of people they must meet at any one time. The reception staff were especially helpful ( the man with glasses and grey hair { name escapes me} as one of our party was confined to wheel chair. Very professional. Big thank you to all

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have a fantastic panoramic view of Bay of Palma
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ken B. Thank you very much for your nice comment. We are really proud to hear that your second stay at our hotel was absolutely fantastic. We will forward all your comments onto the staff of the hotel (especially onto the reception staff).

We cannot wait to see you again next year.

Intertur Hotels Team

Been to Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca? Share your experiences!