Stayed at the Hawaii for 2 weeks half board in July as a family of four. We all had a fantastic time and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a stay. We arrived in quite late and the catering staff had kindly left us out some salad, meats and bread which went down well.The hotel upgraded from 3 to 4 star this year. Anyway here is what we thought of the various parts of our stay.
FACILITIES 7.5/10: The hotel has a beautiful entrance and reception area and has a fantastic outside seating area 5 floors up overlooking the bay, which is very modern and comfortable and leads directly into the bar and evening entertainment area. It also has an outdoor seating area adjacent the pool bar on the ground floor. The hotel offers most of the facilities you would expect of a four star and is fully air-conditioned throughout. There are 2 pools both a bit on the small side, but a no-inflatable rule means they cope well enough. There are usually just enough sunbeds but there was the usual scramble for beds around 8 every morning.
ROOMS 7.5/10: The rooms were compact with the usual 2 beds pushed together with suites converting to beds for the kids. There was a large TV and a fridge and ample storage. The bathroom is of reasonable standard although the shower head needed a little TLC. The rooms, like the rest of the hotel, were kept spotlessly clean with plenty of towel & bed linen changes. The hotel is built on a peninsula meaning most rooms benefit from a seaview and this made for great views from the balcony.
ENTERTAINMENT 8/10: The entertainment staff worked very hard to keep everyone happy with Bori and Toni deserving special mention. The kids club was well run and the kids loved it. There were also numerous poolside/ seaside activities which were great fun including archery, frisbee, pool and water polo contests and kayaking but there was never any pressure to join in. All activities were free accept for football which was 5 euros as a private 3G pitch is hired and takes place once a week. There are also nightly shows with various singers, dancers, parrot and snake shows. The magic show is worth staying to watch. There are also numerous entertainment venues just a short walk along palma nova promenade and magalluf strip is only 5mins walk away for the more adventurous.
FOOD 7/10: We always had enough to eat, probably too much, there was plenty of variety at all meal times although the lay-out is a bit 'fawlty towers' with some strange food items appearing, like sprouts in the kids section at breakfast time and weetabix at the end of the salad bar, fruit juice was a bit hit and miss in the mornings, good bacon and HP sauce though. Most guests are all-inc meaning they miss out on some super restaurants nearby including Godfathers 'GF beachouse' and the 'BBQ' restaurant on the promenade both well worth a visit. Head towards Magalluf to find Burger King and KFC, McDonalds is at the other end of palma nova promenade. Half board guests can get a drinks package at dinner time at 2.75 a head to drink what you want including soft drinks, beer and wine. A few small gripes, the price of coke is over 2 euros for a small plastic cup 3/4 filled with ice and it seemed to be a major hassle if you wanted to swop your dinner for lunch, we have never had this in any other 4 stars when half board.
STAFF 9/10: The staff were all very courteous and hard-working and always had a joke and a smile including the bar staff, entertainment staff, cleaners and reception staff except for the blond girl on the front desk for whom everything seemed a big hassle, if only she could lighten up a bit.
LOCATION 10/10: This is the jewel in the crown of the hotel, absolutely perfect location, the sunrise and sunsets over the bay are magic, photos don't do it any justice. Palma Nova promenade actually begins beside the hotel and runs for around a mile with three fantastic seperate beaches. A short walk in the opposite direction takes you into Magalluf. Some people have mentioned that you have to walk up the hill but this can be avoided by entering the hotel via the promenade entrance. If shopping for touristy nic-nacs is your thing then you won't be dissapointed the shops run for miles in either direction.
MUST-SEES: If your willing to go that bit further and get a car out or take a trip there are a few places well worth a look. The mountainside village of Valldemossa is beautiful, make sure you've got the camera and although many of the trips head to Soller i would recommend Port Soller where the little tourist train from Soller ends up anyway. At the far north of the island 'Cap de Formentor' is stunning and the road is jaw-dropping due to tunnels through the mountain and cliff-hugging sheer drops and finishes at the lighthouse with great views, not for the faint-hearted. St Vincenc hides a cove with a great little beach and lovely views. A visit to Majorca wouldn't be complete without travelling to the capital Palma to see the beautiful and bustling cathedral area and gardens and Bellver castle sitting on a headland overlooking the city and offering super views of Palma and surrounding areas.
There you have it, any criticism should be taken as constructive and in no way should take away from the Hawaii. This charming hotel offers a great base to just soak up the sun, shop, go clubbing or to visit Majorca's many hidden gems.
You'll have a great time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca is a 4 stars hotel that bids you all the convenience and comfort of an all-inclusive hotel in Palma Nova, ideal for families and couples who wish to enjoy a holiday at the beachfront in Torrenova. The comfortable rooms with terraces, the excellent service from the staff and the varied gastronomical buffet are combined with fun-filled entertainment during the day as well as the evening, for adults as well as children, playgrounds, entertaining sports and various excursions around our hotel. All service on offer during your holiday in Torrenova is carried out by professionals. The hotel services are:•Pools for adults and children•Air-conditioned restaurant•Poolside bar•Café•Chill Out Terrace•Terrace with sun lounges•Garden and Gym Circuit•TV and video area•Internet Corner and WiFi•24-hour reception in 5 languages: Spanish, English, German, French and Russian•Fax service•Outdoor game room•Indoor mini club•Money exchange services•Car rental•Cots for babies free of charge.The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca boasts 230 double rooms, triple rooms, Suites, Junior Suites and premium rooms in Torrenova. All rooms are fully equipped: satellite-TV, air-conditioning, heating, telephone, a safe (with charge), Wifi (with charge), terrace and a complete bathroom with hairdryer. They are spacious and some of them are especially suitable for families with children, where up to 4 beds can be placed without compromising on your comfort. Cots for babies are available at no extra cost. The Suites are very spacious rooms with capacity for 3 adults and 2 children or 2 adults and 3 children. They have a large bedroom, an independent lounge allowing you to relax without leaving the hotel room, a complete bathroom and a terrace with a spectacular view of the sea. They have flat-screen TV, coffee and tea-making facilities, mini bar (with charge), bathrobes and slippers, hair dryer,free WIFI and tablet available (1 device), pillows a la carte, Music Centre Station, make-up mirror and snacks and wine on arrival. The Junior Suites are available for 4 persons (up to 3 adults), lounge and bedroom (in the same area) as well as a large terrace with sun beds where you can relax in the sun whilst enjoying an aperitif overlooking the stunning sea views. This type of room includes the same services than the Suites.The Premium rooms bid you a stay filled with comfort. Presenting you with a different style of furniture to the other rooms, they are equipped to make sure you get your rest and that the whole family stays entertained: Large flat screen TV, DVD/Play Station, Free Wi-fi*, Music Center Station, coffee and tea making facilities, mini bar, bathrobe, slippers, terrace, hairdryer, make-up mirror, pillows à la carte, tablet available during your stay with free WIFI (1 device) connection so you can keep up to date with the daily news, e-mails, social network sights, photos etc... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Mallorca Hotel
- Hotel Hawaii Majorca
- Hotel Hawaii Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca Palma Nova
- Hawaii Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
- Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca Palmanova, Majorca