“Didn't want to cone home !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites

You added Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites to your Saves list
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Torrenova 1, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
devon
“Didn't want to cone home !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were a bit dubious as we had stayed at the intertur in Ibiza last year and that was brilliant ... On arrival reception was a cool welcome not overly friendly but didn't think much of it ... Our room on third floor was a premium room we had paid more on booking the view was absolutely amazing right over the sea..... Just beautiful .. On our arrival to the swimming pool we noticed there were no sunbeds it was 12 o clock but we notice some beds stacked up with towels on,clearly people going out for the day and saving beds ... There's a limited amount of brollies, if you want one join the sunbed brigade at 6 am they are a must for children as it gets so hot... Trouble is there not unlocked until 8am so you have to go down at six to tie towel on brolly then back at 8am to get a bed!!! I dont mind as I'm an early riser but it may spoil someone's holiday , not hotels fault what can they do to police it.... They trying to be fair.. The pool area is too small fir the hotel .Food is excellent and kids entertainment panda club the best bori Sylvia and Maria work so hard my four year old loved the panda club ... Toni and igor are brilliant at adult stuff in the day couldn't fault them ... The bar staff by pool and in entertainments lounge so friendly a credit to the hotel ... We loved it ... Would go back but Palma Airport is the worst place I've experienced in years and they have list my luggage at Bristol in transit ... It's chaos !the Hawaii definately a must fit families with kids well done all !!!

• Stayed July 2013
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear garybarlowsbird. Thank you for your comment. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your holiday with us in Mallorca and in Ibiza as well.

We will forward your kind comments onto the staff of the hotel (Especially onto the entertainment staff).

On the other hand, we take note regarding your comment about the sunbeds in the pool area in order to improve our sunbeds policy in the future.

We are looking forward to seeing you again at any of our Intertur Hotels.

Intertur Hotels Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Great family holiday... Only small snags to make it excellent overall....
Wifi should be free and not 26 euros a week for one device.
Lack of snacks at pool
Lack of brollies
Poor waiter service in resturant...
Most meals had to set table myself and no where to put dirty plates or waiter clearing them.
Less of the moaning.... Beautiful hotel with stunning views.. Entertainment team excellent....
But as most say....not bingo again.
Would I stay again ..... Yes

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Molly11ben13. Thank you very much for all your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a great family holiday at our hotel.

Regarding your comment about the WIFI, please be advised that we charge for this service in order to guarantee other free services like the 24h reception, Mini Club... However we take note in order to improve this service in the future.

On the other hand, we take note about the other negative points you mention in order to improve them. All your comments are greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Bonnie Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just returned from a weeks holidays all inclusive at Hotel Hawaii, abso fantastic hotel, great location, friendly staff, good selection of food and lots of things to try out for free, my partner tried paddle surfing and loved it. We asked for a sea view which we got and the room was clean & modern with gorgeous views My girls are 9 & 4 and they both loved the kids club, they had a good selection of indoor and outdoor activities. Some of the entertainment at night was a little drab but also some good shows including a parrot show which the kids enjoyed very much. Our trips included Marineland (good), Western water park (excellent) & House of Katmandu (be warned my 4yr old cried the whole way round, it was to scary and it was a rip off, wasn't impressed!!!!) I'm not one for returning to the same place but I would come here again.
Thank you Hotel Hawaii for a very enjoyable holiday :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marlou_8. Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that we met all your expectations during your stay at the Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca.

We will forward all your comments onto the staff of the hotel.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again if you decide to come back to Mallorca in the future.

Stranraer, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have to say this hotel was amazing, it was so clean and the staff were all so helpful :) We booked a twin room with sea view and could not have asked for more we had room 305 and this gave you a clear view to Palma where we could watch all the cruise ships arriving and departing. The room had the benefit of lovely veiws without being to noisy.
The food was very nice, we went half board, but would go back all inclusive next time, there was a fantastic variety of food available and the drink available was much better than many hotels provide on the inclusive tarrif.
We had booked the holiday intending it to be a base only as we were going to explore the area, this did not happen as it was so enjoyable waching all the goings on around the pool during the day and the daytime entertainers were brilliant, you could play water polo water basletball go snorkling, surfing kayaking, play table tennis, shuffleball, archery, shooting and many many more things and this was all included in the holiday, We only went away from the hotel to watch Andy Murray win Wimbledon as we could not get this on tv there and to visit marine land to watch the dolphins.
As many reviews say you need to get down and grab a sunbed before the best spots go but this was never a problem as we were always up at the time the doors to the terrace opened.
The entertainment at night was varied my only downside to this was the stage area for the entertainers was very small (The juggler had to be on his knees to juggle so he did not hit the ceiling)
I will definately be back and look forward to hearing the cries of "Oh my god oh my god blue team red team you are the best" coming from the daytime entertainer during the water polo

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear ange1a_13. Thank you very much for your nice comment. We are pleased to hear that the hotel and its staff were to your liking and satisfaction.

We are also proud to know you enjoyed all our entertainment service. We will forward your comment onto the entertainment staff.

We cannot wait to see you again!

warwickshire uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel at the end of June. First impressions were very good. We paid for a sea view room and got one. Room 426. Right above the main pool but directly below the main evening entertainment area. Luckily we are not people that go to bed early as you would not get to sleep until at least 12:30 am. The noise from the chairs and waiter trolleys was quite bad. If you get the rooms by 426 you may need to change if you want an early night.

The only real complaint I have about this hotel is the lack of deck chairs and parasols. Yes there are people that start waiting around the pool area at about 7:30 but the hotel do not unlock the sun loungers until 8am and there seems to be some available throughout the day. The deck chairs and parasols are a different story. unfortunately the sun loungers are fixed in the lying position so you can't sit up and read a book for example, so the desk chairs go within the first 30 seconds. There are about 20 of them. The parasols are of the fixed wicker type and again only about 10 of them so if you fancy a bit of shade whilst lying by the pool you need to get down to the pool for about 7:30 ( the record was the day we left when there was someone waiting at 6:30.) it would be nice if the hotel was to invest in about 50 more chairs and some portable parasols.

The food was always hot and varied but as with most all inclusive hotels can get a but monotonous.
For some reason you could not get cocktails on the all inc menu even though you could have the spirits seperatly. If you wanted a cocktail you had to pay a reduced price (I think about 3 euros)

Daytime activities were ran by Toni, who was very good. You could try out kayaking in the kayaking 'tour'. I was a bit disappointed to find out that 'tour' meant to the edge of the bay and back (about 50 meters). I was hoping to go out for a couple of hours but you can hire them. At 4 every day you can try out paddle surfing. This was done by an outside company and was very good. Unfortunate it's quite hard and I spent more time in the sea than on the board. Good fun though.

The hotel is situated right on the edge of magaluf but I saw no issues of any rowdy parties by the hotel, plus the hotel employs security at night just I case.

We will be returning to this hotel next year. It's clean, friendly and the location is good.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear uk_ducati. Thank you for all your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a great stay in our hotel.

Regarding all your comments, we take special note about the lack of deck chairs and the monotony of the food. All your comments are greatly appreciated in order to improve our services.

On the other hand, regarding your comment about the AI program, please be advised it includes a wide range of local drinks available in our bars: wine, liquors, alcohol drinks, beers, alcohol-free beers, cava, fruit juices, soft drinks, coffee and tea. However, we take note about the cocktails in order to improve in the future.

We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Kilwinning, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week trip at the hotel. It certainly lives up to the good reviews as a clean, well maintained and serviced small/ medium hotel. We chose it as we prefer to stay in smaller hotels without the huge crowds. We certainly never encountered queues anywhere, although you do still have to place your towels in the morning as the hotel locks the beds away every evening to open at 8am every morning. You could still find a bed later in the day though so it was not necessary to do the British cultural" bag the best sun bed"if you didn't want to! The pool area was well maintained throughout the day with the pool visibly cleaned regularly. The bar staff were quick, friendly and efficient. Special mention about the kids club which was excellent, as was the entertainment team who managed to be low key but available. The night time shows were generally excellent although the turnout in the bar area did not reflect he quality of shows on offer from clowns, magicians and music, Beatles tribute was excellent.

There was only one real issue, the expensive, externally provided and ineffective wireless service although it could be a positive if you wanted to completely switch off! Get a better more flexible system please!! Reception staff used the " we don't provide it" argument to try to prevent discussions although after several heated discussions they did help. Reception disappointed again after I had a close shave with a pool ball which managed to roll from the table 6floors up, down the stairs and of over a 20 ft wall to miss my head whilst I was sitting on a bench watching my daughter in the park. Despite promises to pass onto the manager and taking my room number, I approached the reception the next day to shrugged shoulders and a so what attitude. The pool table remains at the top of the stairs so watch out!

That said I would recommend this hotel, the chambermaids were friendly and efficient, the restaurant good quality and range with unobtrusive and friendly staff. The room we had did not have a great aspect, although the hotel it beautifully positioned for views and accessibility to Palma nova main strip and just far enough out of magaluf to avoid most of the noise. The room itself appeared to have been recently refitted and was what you would expect for a family room. Would recommend for families and those wanting a quieter hotel.

Room Tip: If view is essential ask for a sea view, it is beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Sonya P. Thank you for all your feedback and thank you for recommending our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your holiday in our hotel and pleased to know you found excellent the miniclub and the entertainment team as well.

Regarding your comment about the pool ball, we will forward your comment onto the director of the hotel in order to investigate what you explain.

On the other hand, regarding the comment about the WIFI system, we charge for this service in order to guarantee other free services like the 24h reception and the Miniclub. However, we will do our best to improve its quality.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just come back from a week in the hotel loved everything the staff being friendly and the room was amazing just one thing that me and my frinds not hapoy about and that never hapoen to me befor the staff from recepction being rude on the way they spoke to us and not for last on the last day I waiting 50 minuts just to take a shower and not being able to have one even after I been on the reception to talk about it and nothing has done about it and course I had to get my flight not felling cojfortable with mysefl and honestly not thinking about going back apart from all that I really enjoyed my stay honestly just a advise u should sort better staff to attend the clients many thanks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear mferreira1989. Thank you for your comment. First of all, we would like to say sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will investigate what you mention and we will take all measures needed.

On the other hand, we are happy to know that the rest of your holiday was to your liking.

Kind regards
Intertur Hotels Team

Been to Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites? Share your experiences!