“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca

Save Saved
You added Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca to your Saves list
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Torrenova 1, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
warwickshire uk
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel at the end of June. First impressions were very good. We paid for a sea view room and got one. Room 426. Right above the main pool but directly below the main evening entertainment area. Luckily we are not people that go to bed early as you would not get to sleep until at least 12:30 am. The noise from the chairs and waiter trolleys was quite bad. If you get the rooms by 426 you may need to change if you want an early night.

The only real complaint I have about this hotel is the lack of deck chairs and parasols. Yes there are people that start waiting around the pool area at about 7:30 but the hotel do not unlock the sun loungers until 8am and there seems to be some available throughout the day. The deck chairs and parasols are a different story. unfortunately the sun loungers are fixed in the lying position so you can't sit up and read a book for example, so the desk chairs go within the first 30 seconds. There are about 20 of them. The parasols are of the fixed wicker type and again only about 10 of them so if you fancy a bit of shade whilst lying by the pool you need to get down to the pool for about 7:30 ( the record was the day we left when there was someone waiting at 6:30.) it would be nice if the hotel was to invest in about 50 more chairs and some portable parasols.

The food was always hot and varied but as with most all inclusive hotels can get a but monotonous.
For some reason you could not get cocktails on the all inc menu even though you could have the spirits seperatly. If you wanted a cocktail you had to pay a reduced price (I think about 3 euros)

Daytime activities were ran by Toni, who was very good. You could try out kayaking in the kayaking 'tour'. I was a bit disappointed to find out that 'tour' meant to the edge of the bay and back (about 50 meters). I was hoping to go out for a couple of hours but you can hire them. At 4 every day you can try out paddle surfing. This was done by an outside company and was very good. Unfortunate it's quite hard and I spent more time in the sea than on the board. Good fun though.

The hotel is situated right on the edge of magaluf but I saw no issues of any rowdy parties by the hotel, plus the hotel employs security at night just I case.

We will be returning to this hotel next year. It's clean, friendly and the location is good.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear uk_ducati. Thank you for all your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a great stay in our hotel.

Regarding all your comments, we take special note about the lack of deck chairs and the monotony of the food. All your comments are greatly appreciated in order to improve our services.

On the other hand, regarding your comment about the AI program, please be advised it includes a wide range of local drinks available in our bars: wine, liquors, alcohol drinks, beers, alcohol-free beers, cava, fruit juices, soft drinks, coffee and tea. However, we take note about the cocktails in order to improve in the future.

1,152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Kilwinning, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week trip at the hotel. It certainly lives up to the good reviews as a clean, well maintained and serviced small/ medium hotel. We chose it as we prefer to stay in smaller hotels without the huge crowds. We certainly never encountered queues anywhere, although you do still have to place your towels in the morning as the hotel locks the beds away every evening to open at 8am every morning. You could still find a bed later in the day though so it was not necessary to do the British cultural" bag the best sun bed"if you didn't want to! The pool area was well maintained throughout the day with the pool visibly cleaned regularly. The bar staff were quick, friendly and efficient. Special mention about the kids club which was excellent, as was the entertainment team who managed to be low key but available. The night time shows were generally excellent although the turnout in the bar area did not reflect he quality of shows on offer from clowns, magicians and music, Beatles tribute was excellent.

There was only one real issue, the expensive, externally provided and ineffective wireless service although it could be a positive if you wanted to completely switch off! Get a better more flexible system please!! Reception staff used the " we don't provide it" argument to try to prevent discussions although after several heated discussions they did help. Reception disappointed again after I had a close shave with a pool ball which managed to roll from the table 6floors up, down the stairs and of over a 20 ft wall to miss my head whilst I was sitting on a bench watching my daughter in the park. Despite promises to pass onto the manager and taking my room number, I approached the reception the next day to shrugged shoulders and a so what attitude. The pool table remains at the top of the stairs so watch out!

That said I would recommend this hotel, the chambermaids were friendly and efficient, the restaurant good quality and range with unobtrusive and friendly staff. The room we had did not have a great aspect, although the hotel it beautifully positioned for views and accessibility to Palma nova main strip and just far enough out of magaluf to avoid most of the noise. The room itself appeared to have been recently refitted and was what you would expect for a family room. Would recommend for families and those wanting a quieter hotel.

Room Tip: If view is essential ask for a sea view, it is beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Sonya P. Thank you for all your feedback and thank you for recommending our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your holiday in our hotel and pleased to know you found excellent the miniclub and the entertainment team as well.

Regarding your comment about the pool ball, we will forward your comment onto the director of the hotel in order to investigate what you explain.

On the other hand, regarding the comment about the WIFI system, we charge for this service in order to guarantee other free services like the 24h reception and the Miniclub. However, we will do our best to improve its quality.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just come back from a week in the hotel loved everything the staff being friendly and the room was amazing just one thing that me and my frinds not hapoy about and that never hapoen to me befor the staff from recepction being rude on the way they spoke to us and not for last on the last day I waiting 50 minuts just to take a shower and not being able to have one even after I been on the reception to talk about it and nothing has done about it and course I had to get my flight not felling cojfortable with mysefl and honestly not thinking about going back apart from all that I really enjoyed my stay honestly just a advise u should sort better staff to attend the clients many thanks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear mferreira1989. Thank you for your comment. First of all, we would like to say sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will investigate what you mention and we will take all measures needed.

On the other hand, we are happy to know that the rest of your holiday was to your liking.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again if you decide to come back to Mallorca in the future.

Kind regards
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were impressed on our arrival at the hotel as it has been newly renovated & the reception is stylishly decorated. We were staying on a half board basis as we have stayed on an all inclusive basis in various hotels before & have found the food to be monotonous. This was a mistake. The drinks were very overpriced & the minerals were very diluted. We had to pay €2.75 each for drinks if we wanted to drink in the restaurant & if you didn't display your sign accurately that you had paid for your drinks a member of the Gestapo would interrupt your meal to view your receipt. Cocktails were €6 & again were quite watery. In the town however they were as little as €4 & a much better quality. Personally I would thoroughly recommend The Prince William.
We had paid extra for a sea-view. On our arrival we were disappointed to find it was a partial sea-view. We asked to move and we were kindly shown a suite with a spectacular view. We decided to stay in our 2 allocated rooms as a couple with 3 teenagers we thought the 2 bathrooms would suit us better. We shall speak to our travel agent about their wording on sea-views.
The evening entertainment was varied although difficult to watch as the bar was in the basement & there were MANY supporting pillars blocking your view unless you were in a small section directly in front of the stage. These filled up quickly & early. There were long queues at the bar with no separate sections for all-inclusive or those paying customers.
Unfortunately my husband was hospitalised for 4 days of the holiday. We discovered that the Wifi was very expensive & that although advertised in the rooms, there was no fax service. I had to fax some insurance documents & was told by reception there was a place near Katmandu Park where this could be done.I still don't know where this was. Fortunately the helpful staff at the nearby Medical Centre were able to assist me.
A few staff deserve a special mention such as Irina at reception who helped me negotiate the tricky telephone system to the hospital, at no extra charge, unlike her jobsworth colleague who charged me 55c for the privilege to call the hospital to enquire about my husband's condition. The PR lady was also helpful, unfortunately, I did not get her name. Zorista, the lady taking our money at the restaurant was also very friendly & helpful. The same could not be said of our waiter, Juan Manual who told us to move table as we were in his way. We did as he requested & ensured we always sat in another section as not to trouble him again.
The pool was very small & as it had direct access to the sea we usually swam there as the pool was usually filled with inflatables. There were plenty of sunbeds, although not much space in which to put them.
The hotel is not particularly access friendly. It is built on a hill and is separated into 2 blocks. Reception is either on floor 0 or floor 6 depending on which block you're in. The lifts are very small, supposedly able to carry 6 people but it was cosy with 5 of us & no luggage. There is access from the beach along a boardwalk directly into the hotel which I would suggest anyone with walking difficulties do as the walk to the front entrance is quite steep.
On reflection, the hotel looks good but does not deliver. We will not return.

Room Tip: Ensure your travel agent knows the difference between a sea-view & a partial sea-view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sazcar. Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you would not return to our hotel.

Regarding all comments you mention, we would like to point out that:

- If our guests haven't booked All Inclusive, it is possible to pay 2,75 euros per meal service in the restaurant in order to have beverage during meals (all beverage from the dispensers). However, in order to avoid "tricks", it is necessary to check all our guests' tables that don't have All Inclusive.

- Regarding your comment about the Fax service, please be advised that reception offers this service with a small charge. However it is not possible to print information at the reception, so if you need to print some document, it is necessary to go to a parlor, copy shop... We take special note about all what you say in order to improve our services in the future.

- Finally, regarding your comment about access friendly, please be advised that the hotel has 8 rooms adapted for disabled as well as ramps, rails and other furniture.

On the other hand, we take note about all your other comments in order to improve our services. All your comments are greatly appreciated.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again.

Hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great , location is fantastic. Stayed here in June for 2 weeks. After a cock up from Jet2 on transfer ( taking 2 people into Palma city) when everyone else on the bus were stopping in Palma Nova and Magaluf so 3hrs on a bus.
Arrived at hotel to be told room not ready, got a room but not the one booked after a trip back to reception to tell them that this was not the room I booked was tollded it would be sorted the next morning, which to be fair it was ( even if it was after lunch) but hey ho.
The food here is unbelievable the choice is unreal I have never seen such choice at an AI hotel. At all meals if only some of the guests would realise that you get 2 sets of cutlery one is for your starter not for 2 main courses or more and you don't need to take the whole salad bar at the frist attemp I have worked all over world in the army and have never seen people eat so much or should I say waste so much.
Is it me or do other people find that when the pool bar open's and you ask for a glass of water people look as you as thou you are strange! Some of the British need to teach there kids manners ( this is for you ginger and your dad if you want a deck chair, get up early to get one like I did, or ask if you can use the chair )
The bar staff are the hardest working I have seen and are always polite no matter what. As are all the staff.
The sunbed race is a bit of a joke in the morning but I suppose it's the same where ever you go .
But all in all a great holiday hotel ect. And yes I would go back.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear AlanSCA. Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for the inconvenient you experienced with your room on your arrival. However, we are glad to know it was sorted. On the other hand, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your holiday in our hotel and to hear you would come back again in the future.

We are also proud to know you found that our staff work very hard. We will forward your kind comment onto them (especially onto the bar staff).

Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have now stayed in this hotel 3 times, twice last year and once this year ( so far) but this was by a long way the best to date. We upgraded to a junior suite and although was a little more money, it was worth every penny. Having said that the hotel has or is in the process of upgrading its rooms. The hotel is very nice staff are very friendly and helpful. It is an ideal location and is ideal for families and couples. The only negative I have would be the food is a little repetitive, but having said that there is always a large selection and we never went hungry. Overall a very nice hotel and we would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Go for at least a premium room with a sea view if you can.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shutty 45. Thank you very much for your review. We are really pleased to know that the last holidays in our hotel has been the best to date. We are also happy to know you enjoyed our new Junior Suite.

Also, we will forward your kind comment about our staff onto them. They will be pleased to hear all what you are saying.

On the other hand, we take note regarding your comment about the food in order to improve our services in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 wk holiday as a couple, hotel was lovely, great location and views, lovely staff, great food, as the hotel is a very much family hotel we did find it hard to get a bed with an umbrella near the pool, the beds were locked but we watched and noticed that people were waiting then putting towels down and taking up to 4 beds, 2 chairs and 2 tables under an umbrella to accomadate their family which I think is wrong, it would be great if they had an adult area where there was no rushing for beds, the entertainment team worked very hard to please you, on our last day I used the shower room after booking out of ours and I asked if there was a hair dryer was told yes and when I went there wasn't so I had to go without doing my hair. All in all cant complain we had a great time if I was going back I would look into seeing if we could get a room up the top with our own sun loungers as I love to relax and sunbathe no to get up early every day to look for a space to put one.thanks to all the staff and management for a great holiday, my points were at the holidaymakers.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Jmcne. Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a great time with your partner at our new 4 stars hotel. We are also happy to hear everything was to your liking (above all, the service given by our entertainment staff).

On the other hand, we take note regarding your comment about the sunbeds in the pool area and your comment about the hairdryer in the shower room. All your comments are greatly appreciated in order to improve our services in the future.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Intertur Hotels Team

Been to Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca? Share your experiences!