“Great location - newly renovated rooms with sea view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites

You added Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites to your Saves list
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Torrenova 1, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Limerick, Ireland
“Great location - newly renovated rooms with sea view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here last September for 5 nights. I picked this hotel because of its great location to the beach. I had asked for a renovated room with a sea view if possible. It looks like that most rooms have some sort of a sea view.

I got one of the renovated rooms which was great. There was a small sofa as well as a desk in the room. The balcony also had some chairs and table. It had a flat screen LCD tv - which was great for connecting the iPad up to.

I had booked for half board. I was happy with the breakfast buffet. Usual cereal/fruit/bread choices along with some pancakes etc. The dinner buffet was ok - the buffet style suited me as I was travelling on my own. Food was not very hot but I think that is topical in Europe. I always managed to find something to eat.

The hotel is located up a short hill from the town. However you can access via the beach and get the lift/steps from the pool area to the main reception.

The hotel pool area has nice views of the sea. At this time of the year a lot of the hotel pool area is in the shade so there are not many sunbeds in the sun. Also the pool area has an access point to the beach so often other non hotel guests are passing by. This didn't bother me as I went to the beach on most days. I didn't hire bed/umbrella - just used my own towel. Weather was a bit mixed during my trip so I hired a bicycle one of the days and cycled to Santa Ponsa. There is a bicycle hire place very close to the hotel.

I also got the use of a courtesy room for an hour the day I was leaving to have a shower/change. This was very useful. The staff seemed very friendly with any request I had. I didn't do any of the activities that were on or go the bar. The lobby/bar area need some refurbishment but I believe that is planned for this year.

There is a charge for internet access which works well. I used it for skype voice calls with no issues. If you just want to check your email most of the beaches have free wifi (low speed).

I certainly felt I got value for money and the location was as I expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear dee153. Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your summer holiday in our Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca.

Regarding your comment about a need of a refurbishment in the bar area, please be advised that this 2013 the hotel will be 4 stars and all facilities will be renovated.

We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Intertur Hotels Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Me and my partner went here for our first 2 week holiday abroad together. We were lucky enough to get the top floor. The view was okay, mainly hotels and the beach, not very much sea. However the room itself was beautiful, very clean as far as I remember. The hotel is quiet though, however we did go in April 2012. The staff were not very attentive, didn't pay much interest in it's guests. We went on this holiday as a Thomas Cook package, and overall, the experience we got from Thomas Cook was absolutley disgusting. The hotel area is again quiet, but only a very short walk to shops, restaurants and the beach. HOWEVER, it's also a very short walk(approx. 5 mins) to The Magaluf Strip- not so good if you want to avoid drunk half naked teenagers. As a whole, taking away the fact the hotel was quiet and the attitudes of most of the staff, the hotel itself is lovely. I would recommend this for an average holiday, but wouldnt spend all out on it. You can get a very decent sleep, but the food was very repetative and not a great selection apart from the bread!

Room Tip: Go as high as possible on the floors, and aim to get a sea-view, I'd recommend to pay more if yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear NATASHA n. Thank you very much for your review. All your comments are greatly appreciated. We take special note about your comments of the staff and the good in order to improve our services in the future.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again if you decide to come back to Majorca in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Once again I stayed here in 2012 I stay here year after year it is by far the best hotel chain ever booking up for oct 2013 again this time 4 star I could type for ages about how brill this is so ill keep it shortish 10 out of 10 for everything I first stayed here in 2008 I loved it that much I returned 3 weeks later for another week need I say more I know reviews say it's expensive but come on holidays go up in price every year I've only seen a 150 pound increase on all inc since 2008 so it's not that bad food is stupidly awesome I have no faults with this hotel or hotel chain I paid 450 week all inc for oct 2013 and yes I've looked I can go to the hotel down the street n pay 100 less but why compromise this hotel is the play to stay hands down

• Stayed October 2012
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Sparky051288. Thank you very much for your kind comment. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed once again your holiday with us. We will forward your comment onto the staff of the hotel.

We are looking forward to seeing you again next October!!

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Myself, huband and 2 kids aged 3 & 5 stayed at the Hawaii in June2012.

I'll be short and sweet.

Good points:
1) Fantastic views and location
2)Food was good there was a varity
3)Evening entertainment was good.
4) Kids club of a day was great little ones liked it when it got to hot they would go to the kids club and do some activities and play games- the girls were fab with the kids

Bad points
1) Staff were miserable- was like they didnt want to be there
2) When you wanted to get a drink at the bar, there was a queing system 1 at a time served although there was 3 barmens standing there.
3) when I told my 5 year old to get himself and he's brother a drink he was refused more then 1 drink at a time.
4)Choices of ice cream were very limited.

Overall- I liked the hotel, and the location however the staff make a holiday and unfortunally ruined our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ghislane_13. Thank you very much for your reviewl. All your comments help us to improve.

First of all, we take special note about your staff comment. We will investigate in order to improve our customer service.

On the other hand, please be advised that we offer a limited number of drinks at a time in order to to control that guests with Half Board or Self Catering don't enjoy the All Inclusive service in our bar. However we take note to improve in the future.

We are looking forward to seeing you again if you decide to come back to Mallorca in the future.

tullamore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed here with my parents as a teenager, we went every year for 7 years meeting with friends that we made there, i brought my partner over 2 years ago and she fell in love with the hotel, we upgraded to all inclusive when we arrived as it wasnt an option with our operator, food was lackluster when we where there, have tried to book for this year but the prices are sky high even for 7 days!

Room Tip: If you are there with just your partner ask for a sea view room towards the top of the building the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear SonicBoom_1Kid. Thank you for your feedback. We take special note about your comment of the food in order to improve the quality of our service.

On the other hand, please be advised that, as our Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca will be 4 stars this new 2013 the prices have been increased a little in order to guarantee better services.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went here for a girly getaway before my wedding ( ages 65,61,37 & 28) We were booked in at the hotel next door and was upgraded here and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were fab the hotel was in a brill location a stone throw from Palma Nova beach and 5 mins walk to Magaluf.

We were ony there for 4 nights and we had a fab time.

Room Tip: New rooms on the very top floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear GigglingGertie. Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you had a fabulous time at our hotel.

We are looking forward to seeing you again when the hotel is 4 stars (this 2013 summer season).

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Hawaii last summer, our first visit to Palma Nova. Our party consisted of four adults and two small children under four years of age. Our Daughter has a double buggy which wouldn't fit into the lifts. This became a major problem at night when the kids where asleep following the days activities. Being on the fourth floor the stairs became increasingly difficult. We could have moved rooms but the ones offered where directly in close proximity to the lively hotel bar. Do not consider this hotel if you have any walking difficulties, the amount of steps became more exhaustive as the days passed. Not convinced it is worth four star rating although the rooms are clean and tidy. The food is pretty much the same as most all inclusive offerings but the staff are very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sharon H. Thank you very much for your review. All your comments are greatly appreciated.

We take special note about the lift comment in order to improve our services in the future.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again when the hotel is 4 stars (from 2013 summer season).

Intertur Hotels Team

Been to Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites? Share your experiences!