A group of six 18 year old girls stayed in Hotel Hawaii from 17th July-24th July 2012. After much debate over where to stay for a party holiday in Magaluf we decided on Hotel Hawaii. We wanted somewhere close to the strip yet with it being our first holiday on our own we wanted to make sure we got somewhere decent, clean and safe.
Hotel Hawaii is no doubt a lovely, modern hotel. We requested rooms with a sea view, low floor and beside each other. All these requests were met on our arrival except we were one room apart which didn't really bother us. The actual rooms themselves are very modern, we really loved them! Only problem in one of the rooms there was a walk in shower which flooded really badly during our stay. We always had clean towels and sheets.
The pool area was very much family orientated - we made friends with the waiters who I think were glad of us taking full advantage of our all inclusive alcoholic drinks! During the day, the lifeguards were a bit annoying, shouting at kids for only having a rubber ring in the pool. The location was perfect tho right beside the beach, literally a minute walk to the main Palma Nova beach. From our room, 210&208 it was quite a longgg walk to the pool with all our supplies, quite a lot of stairs or a tiny lift!
Only bad thing about the hotel for us was we got complains from the reception staff often about coming in late. We would say this is very much a family hotel (we enjoyed the peace during the day at the pool). Bar one lovely reception staff, the others were usually quite rude to us! They have very high level of security and liked to know how many of us were coming in at what time etc. We understood they were perhaps not used to 18 year olds coming in at the time families were getting up for breakfast! Only thing we would say is that one day when we quite distressed as one of our cards were not working so we had no money, the lady on reception was very little help on where we could find a bureau de change. Her rudeness and the fact she could not understand our problem was a bit frustrating.
We were all inclusive, only getting up early enough for breakfast on the first day we can't really comment on that. Lunches were usually nice with fresh bread and stuff to make salads or sandwiches. We read somewhere they can make you up a pack lunch if you give them notice the night before. Dinners were sadly quite repetitive, all of the girls were used to self catering holidays where we went out for dinner most nights so we struggled with the choices as the week went on. Even the ones who were not fussy at all seemed to be eating the same stuff every night! At the end of the week we really couldn't praise the food at all but for the price we paid we couldn't complain. (£620 for a week all inclusive in the height of summer)
Overall, the hotel is a great place to stay in regards to its rooms and gorgeous views. Definitely recommend requesting a sea view balcony. For the type of holiday we were going for, all we can say is that perhaps it isn't for party goers - or be prepared it is very quiet during the day which is really what we wanted. The location is absolutely brilliant - right between the beach and nicer restaurants and shops of Palma Nova and the strip of Magaluf for the night life. The massive hill is sometimes a bit of a trip when you're walking exhausted back from the beach!
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Mallorca Hotel
- Hotel Hawaii Majorca
- Hotel Hawaii Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca
- Hawaii Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
- Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca Palmanova, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca is a 4 stars hotel that bids you all the convenience and comfort of an all-inclusive hotel in Palma Nova, ideal for families and couples who wish to enjoy a holiday at the beachfront in Torrenova. The comfortable rooms with terraces, the excellent service from the staff and the varied gastronomical buffet are combined with fun-filled entertainment during the day as well as the evening, for adults as well as children, playgrounds, entertaining sports and various excursions around our hotel. All service on offer during your holiday in Torrenova is carried out by professionals. The hotel services are:•Pools for adults and children•Air-conditioned restaurant•Poolside bar•Café•Chill Out Terrace•Terrace with sun lounges•Garden and Gym Circuit•TV and video area•Internet Corner and WiFi•24-hour reception in 5 languages: Spanish, English, German, French and Russian•Fax service•Outdoor game room•Indoor mini club•Money exchange services•Car rental•Cots for babies free of charge.The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca boasts 230 double rooms, triple rooms, Suites, Junior Suites and premium rooms in Torrenova. All rooms are fully equipped: satellite-TV, air-conditioning, heating, telephone, a safe (with charge), Wifi (with charge), terrace and a complete bathroom with hairdryer. They are spacious and some of them are especially suitable for families with children, where up to 4 beds can be placed without compromising on your comfort. Cots for babies are available at no extra cost. The Suites are very spacious rooms with capacity for 3 adults and 2 children or 2 adults and 3 children. They have a large bedroom, an independent lounge allowing you to relax without leaving the hotel room, a complete bathroom and a terrace with a spectacular view of the sea. They have flat-screen TV, coffee and tea-making facilities, mini bar (with charge), bathrobes and slippers, hair dryer,free WIFI and tablet available (1 device), pillows a la carte, Music Centre Station, make-up mirror and snacks and wine on arrival. The Junior Suites are available for 4 persons (up to 3 adults), lounge and bedroom (in the same area) as well as a large terrace with sun beds where you can relax in the sun whilst enjoying an aperitif overlooking the stunning sea views. This type of room includes the same services than the Suites.The Premium rooms bid you a stay filled with comfort. Presenting you with a different style of furniture to the other rooms, they are equipped to make sure you get your rest and that the whole family stays entertained: Large flat screen TV, DVD/Play Station, Free Wi-fi*, Music Center Station, coffee and tea making facilities, mini bar, bathrobe, slippers, terrace, hairdryer, make-up mirror, pillows à la carte, tablet available during your stay with free WIFI (1 device) connection so you can keep up to date with the daily news, e-mails, social network sights, photos etc... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.