“aquasol” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Aquasol

Save Saved
You added Aparthotel Aquasol to your Saves list
Aparthotel Aquasol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Pinzones 61, 07181 Palmanova, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #18 of 38 hotels in Palmanova
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“aquasol”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

having already had my previous revue declined by tripadvisor,i will now try again using different words.
we stayed here for 10 days at the end of august-beginning of september,we had always stayed at the santa lucia but the sunbed situation there put us off.
the aquasol was a great place for us as the location is great and there were always sunbeds,there was a mix of singles,groups and families when we stayed and it was a really freindly atmosphere.
rooms are very spacious and clean with all mod cons for cooking,air con is excellent,
if anyone has mobility problems then this will be an issue as there are lots of steps at the aquasol,apart from that i cannot fault anything,great value for money,oh and before i forget we did see a few ants(we shouldnt have left food for them).
overall i would recommend the aquasol.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

502 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
Matlock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I booked a holiday for my football team in june 2012. The travel agents where worried with this being a family hotel and us having such a large group of males who like to drink.

When we arrived we we're welcomed by the staff and given our rooms, all were clean tidy and what we expected. The came every two days to clean the room and fresh towels and beeding we're on hand every day.

The hotel had entertainment on throughtout the week (maybe not for lads going away drinking) but from what we saw it brought most of the hotel out in the evening to have a few drinks. The entertainer during the day did his best to get everyone around the pool involved no matter the age.

The food which was by the pool was nice and cheep too, well worth the money. There are some nice small restaurants close by which are worth trying though, they may not look it from outside but the food and price where brilliant.

This hotel and its staff where brilliant for the money. I'd stay again if traveling there its on door step to magaluf which is a ten min walk to strip and its far enough out to have the nice and relaxing time a good hotel for all!

p.s while we we're there a little boy broke his arm falling over along with a man breaking his coller bone (nothing to do with the hotel or pool pure accident) the staff couldn't of been more helpfull. just thought i'd add this as i read on here alot that staff are unhelpfull, these couldn't help enough :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Twickenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

After reading the reviews on here after we had booked we were a bit worried. Especially after all the talk of ants ect! But when we arrived we were very surprised. The rooms were great and spotless. The pool area was really nice, there were plenty of sunbeds and the hotel was just a short walk to the beach. We never drunk at the bar because we went out every night but we did eat at the pool bar a couple of times and found the food great! The staff at the pool bar were also very nice. The hotel wasnt at all noisy, maybe because they have a guy sitting down in the lobby telling you to shut up if you come in too loud (We got told off once!) The beds were very comfy and also the sofa made a good bed too! The sheets were changed every couple of days and the kitchen came with everything you would need to cook a good meal, although we only ate in once the week we were there. The shop in the lobby is fairly overpriced and stocks only very basic things but we managed to find a great supermarket just outside of town which only cost 4 euros in a taxi to get back from. We booked three rooms and were given one room on each floor but all put in the same block. This hotel is basic but for the price we paid I was very impressed. I have stayed at about 10 different hotels in the area and this one was by far the best. Don't be worried by the other reviews!

Room Tip: Not somewhere to stay if you cant do stairs!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Last year I visited Aquasol in Palma Nova for a week long partying holiday with two friends, we arrived early afternoon and were straight away made to wait for an extensive time for any service for our room.

After reaching our cramped little hotel suite and hauling our bags up many stairs to the fourth floor we unpacked and hit the town. Magaluf itself is great fun the town is alive and very cheap in comparisson to other places so I would recommend it.

After a fair few drinks (as is expected for magaluf) things took a turn for the worse, I returned to the hotel a little drunk and made my way back to the room after getting in and settling in my room I found myself very hot and went over to window to open it, due to having a few drinks whilst accompanied with a very low outwards opening window with NO latches or security, I tripped out of it and fell 4 stories to a very painful set of injuries that very nearly killed me - after waking up 2 days later in hospital with a broken back, pelvis and arm and after spending a further day in care I tried to return to the hotel in a wheelchair so my friends could enjoy the rest of their holiday and I just beared through the pain at the pool side. The hotel instead of being kind and helpful EVICTED all 3 off us due to the fact they were getting badly publicity over the fall, tried to sell it to the papers I'd jumped from the balcony deliberately AND THEN kicked all three of us out on the streets where no other hotel would let us stay, forcing us to spend £600 on early flights home.

never in my life have I come accross such a self centred, rude, obligerant service in any way or form I could talk about this all day but I won't, I accept in this review it may be biased in some ways and people may try to blame this as my own mistake but as a hotel in a partying hotspot they should take precautions to such possibilities, if not for partiers then definitely for kids and then in the event of such a tradgedy they should help and support the people involved not kick them out on the street in another country wheelchair bound!!!

Aquasol - 0/100

Room Tip: Ground floor if you dare waste your money.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

went here with a mixed group myself and boyfriend in 40s ten year old son two teenage girls and my elderly parents and aunt. as everyone has said there are no lifts and the apartments have fair few steps even from the street outside. we did email the hotel and had a low floor room as my father has trouble walking and they were gr8 about this. the rooms are a good size didnt cook anything but there is kettle micro and toaster so that suited the kids, the central heating was on which was gr8 as evening got chilly.
hotel was winding down we left on 6 nov and the barman asked us how many more buds we thought we were going to drink, gives u an idea we were sum of last guests. even tho alot of pubs and all of clubs had closed we still ate out every night and found somewhere nice on each occassion to suit our fussy lot. pool freezin but it is nov but sea was warmer. weather was mixed 26 on sum days and rainy on others but fab time to come. we were here in aug with all the mentalists and it was nice to come with noone but us on beach. hotel did entertainment each eve which was fine and dandy kids liked it. all in all i would come back this time of year it was chill out and jus wot we needed for half term cheapie.

Room Tip: email before you travel and ask for a low room that has been refurbished
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I ve just returned from a week in aquasol in a one bed room apt.firstly location is excellent 2mins from lovely beach.accomadation very good but complex has lots of steps some very steep and slipy when wet very difficult with buggy not wheelchair accessable.i did nt use restaurant but ate in bar and food was very good there.entertainment girl leona is excellent she does the kids club and was the nicest staff member there she made my kids holiday.
The other staff members i dealt with were not so nice man at reception was very rude and smart to me on an occasion and bar man shouted at me when he mixed up my drink order saying i d ordered something else which i had nt.totally out of order .
Those staff members made you feel like an inconvenience in being there and i would be slow to return because of them that aside it was very reasonably priced so good value but customer service poor.

• Stayed October 2012
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

i have just returned on Nov 1st 2012, clean venue and no problems with noise or large groups this time of year.However some staff very rude ie night reception porter and bar tender!!! Really not necessary!!! Area very quiet this time of year most places shut down due to poor trade, travel company had not made us aware of this, also no sign of a rep in the hotel.Kitchen facilities poor however imposssible to find any food to buy in the local supermarkets so facilities not used. Be careful if you are budgeting to cater yourself!! I would imagine in the height of the season this accomodation would be very busy, in an ideal venue for magaluf 10 min pleasant walk away or 3 euros for a taxi! Im not sure i would like to return to this resort with my family during the busy season more suited to parties.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Aparthotel Aquasol? Share your experiences!